Kygo went to Heriot-Watt University in Edinburgh in order to earn a degree in business and finance. But, he dropped out to focus on his music career.
DJ, record producer, songwriter, musician
- Father – Lars Gørvell-Dahll (Maritime Industry Worker)
- Mother – Kjersti Gjerde (Dentist)
- Siblings – Mads Bjordal (Older Step-Brother), Johanne Gørvell-Dahll (Older Sister), Jenny Gørvell-Dahll (Older Sister), Sondre Gjerde Bjordal (Younger Half-Brother)
Kygo is represented by Myles Shear of Golden Hare Group.
Deep house, tropical house, downtempo, electronica
Digital audio workstation, piano, keyboard
Sony Music, Interscope Records, Ultra Music, RCA Records
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm (Approx)
71 kg or 156.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kygo has dated –
- Bergenser Maren Platou – They have been dating well before he became one of the most sought-after DJs. Whenever her studies permit, she likes to accompany her boyfriend on the tours. The occasional distance between them doesn’t bother them as well.
Race / Ethnicity
Kygo has Norwegian ancestry.
- Alabaster skin tone
- Broad nose
Kygo has appeared in a TV commercial for Apple Music.
Best Known For
- His remix version of Ed Sheeran’s song, I See Fire.
- The tremendous success of his single, Firestone, which went on to accumulate more than 407 million views on YouTube.
Kygo released his debut studio album Cloud Nine in May 2016 via Sony Music. It reached #1 on Swiss and Norwegian music charts.
He is yet to appear in a theatrical film.
First TV Show
In 2015, Kygo guest appeared in the talk show Skavlan as a musical guest.
Kygo Favorite Things
- Ice Cream Flavor – Chocolate
- Inspirational Figures – Avicii, Axwell, Sebastian Ingrosso
- Dead Artists, He Would Like To Work With – Bob Marley, Michael Jackson
- Living Artists, He Would Like To Work With – Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, The Weeknd
- Football Team – Manchester United
Source – At40.com, Wikipedia
- He started taking piano classes at the age of 6 and took these classes for 10 years before quitting it.
- He got the stage name idea “Kygo” from the username of “It’s learning”, which is a digital learning platform used in high schools.
- He started his music career by uploading his remixes on the SoundCloud.
- His manager Myles Shear found him while scouting for the music online.
- At the 2016 Rio Olympics, he created history by becoming the first house music artist to have performed during the closing ceremony of the Olympics.
- He has launched his own clothing and lifestyle brands by the name of “Kygo Vibe” and “Kygo Life”.
- Kygo has also his own line of headphones that have been branded by his name.
- In 2016, Kygo promised to give US$50,000 to Frank Mugisha who is a Ugandan LGBT advocate.
- Visit his official website @ kygomusic.com.
- Connect with Kygo on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud, Tumblr, YouTube, and Google+.