|Ellar Coltrane Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9½ in|
|Date of Birth||August 27, 1994|
Ellar Coltrane is an American actor and model who became a breakout star with their portrayal of Mason Evans, Jr. in Richard Linklater’s coming-of-age film Boyhood (2014). They have more than 100k followers on Instagram.
Ellar Coltrane Kinney Salmon
Austin, Texas, United States
Ellar was homeschooled from grades 1 to 8.
Later, they attended a public high school for 3 years and received their GED.
- Father – Bruce Salmon (Musician)
- Mother – Genevieve Kinney (Dancer, Painter, Equine-Assisted Therapist for Autistic People)
- Others – Girard Arnold Kinney, Jr. (Maternal Grandfather), Mary Horton (Maternal Grandmother), Larmon Salmon (Paternal Grandfather), Diana Lyeki (Paternal Grandmother)
5 ft 9½ in or 176.5 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ellar has dated –
- Lorelei Linklater (2014) – RUMOR
Race / Ethnicity
Ellar has English, Polish, Cajun French, German, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, Welsh, and Irish ancestry.
Wears a nose ring
Ellar Coltrane Favorite Things
- Bands – Tool, System of a Down, Rage Against the Machine, Pink Floyd, Radiohead
- Films By Richard Linklater – Waking Life (2001), Slacker (1990)
- Hobby – Photography
- Films Of 2008 – The Dark Knight, Tropic Thunder, Pineapple Express
Ellar Coltrane Facts
- They starred in the groundbreaking film Boyhood, the shooting of which spanned over 12 years from their childhood to adolescence. During the span of the film, they grew 27 inches in height and had about 72 haircuts.
- Ellar painted their nails purple during a rebellious teenage phase. Richard Linklater loved it so much that he decided to incorporate it into the film’s narrative.
- Ellar is a vegan.
- Their interests lie in photography and visual arts.
- They use their middle name Coltrane as their last name to shield their family from the spotlight.
- Ellar prefers to use the pronouns they/them for themself.
Featured Image by LBJ Foundation / Wikimedia / CC BY 2.0