|Rondae Hollis-Jefferson Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||January 3, 1995|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson is an American professional basketball player who plays as a small forward for the Toronto Raptors of the National Basketball Association (NBA).
Rondae Jaquan Hollis-Jefferson
Chester, Pennsylvania, United States
He attended Chester High School where he started his basketball career under head coach Larry Yarbray. He went to the University of Arizona during which he represented the school throughout their successful basketball program.
Professional Basketball Player
- Mother – Rylanda Hollis (Bartender, Dietary Supervisor)
- Siblings – Rahlir Hollis-Jefferson (Professional Basketball Player)
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson is represented by his team Toronto Raptors of the National Basketball Association (NBA).
6 ft 6 in or 198 cm
98 kg or 216 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Tall Height
- Thick Lips
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson Favorite Things
- Basketball Player – Kobe Bryant
- TV Shows – The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
- Movies – He Got Game, Space Jam
Source – NBA
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson Facts
- He started playing basketball at the age of 12.
- Back in high school, Hollis-Jefferson became the first player to be named the “Delaware County Player of the Year” for multiple seasons. He finished his high school playing career with more than 1,000 points and 780 rebounds recorded.
- Rondae participated in the 2013 McDonald’s All-American Game in a match against Arizona teammate Aaron Gordon. He then participated in the Jordan Brand Classic with top high school recruits in the country like Julius Randle.
- During his final years with the Clippers, he was tabbed the 6th best small forward of his class by 247Sports.com and the fifth-best by Rivals.com.
- During his freshman year with Arizona, he was known for being a fierce scorer, shot-blocker, and rebounder despite his small size compared to other players. He started the season with 10 points, 5 rebounds, and 2 assists in a match against Cal Poly. In his freshman year, he averaged 9.1 points, 5.7 rebounds, and 1.4 assists per game.
- As a sophomore, he was voted first-team “All-Pac-12” and was named to the Pac-12 All-Defensive Team.
- On April 7, 2015, he declared for the 2015 NBA draft which meant giving up his final 2 years in college.
- On June 25, 2015, he was selected by the Portland Trail Blazers as the 23rd overall pick in the 2015 NBA draft. Shortly after his selection, his rights were later traded to the Brooklyn Nets along with Steve Blake for Mason Plumlee and Pat Connaughton. In July, he signed a rookie scale contract with the Nets and made his debut with the team on October 28, recording 8 points and 5 rebounds off the bench with a 115-100 loss to the Chicago Bulls. On November 20, Hollis-Jefferson had a season-best game as he scored 13 points and 11 rebounds as a starter in a lost match against Boston Celtics.
- He was diagnosed with a non-displaced fracture of the posterior talus in his right ankle on December 7, 2015. He went on a hiatus as the injury required surgery and approximately 8 to 10 weeks of rehabilitation. Hollis-Jefferson made his comeback in late March of the same year.
- On July 18, 2019, he was signed to the Raptors shortly after his former team Brooklyn Nets opted not to make a qualifying offer which made him an unrestricted free agent at the time.
Featured Image by Rondae Hollis-Jefferson / Instagram