|Kizzy Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||March 14, 1979|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kizzy is a Dutch actor, singer, songwriter, poet, and television host. She has been cast in a variety of on-screen projects such as Wie is er Nieuwsgierig?, The VIP, Dirty Water, The Gossip Swapp, Sound Affects, and OPENBOEK. In addition to that, her discography consists of albums and tracks like Unspoken Rhyme, Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas, and Cocktail, Lamu – Lamu.
Kizzy Yuanda Constance Getrouw
Kizzy attended Berklee College of Music on a full scholarship. During that time, she studied ballet and musical theater at the Boston Conservatory and acting at Emerson College.
In 2003, she graduated from the Berklee College of Music with a degree in Performance. She has also taken guitar and piano lessons.
Actor, Singer, Songwriter, Poet, Television Host
R&B, Soul, Holiday
Vocals, Guitar, Piano
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Kizzy is of Surinamese descent on her father’s side and has Antillean roots on her mother’s side.
- Eccentric and eclectic dance moves on stage
- Unique vocal techniques and flexible vocal range
She was cast in TV commercials for Bernie & Phyl’s (2007-2008) (United States).
- She was 4 years old when her family shifted to the Caribbean island of Curaçao.
- When Kizzy was 7 years old, she won the award for “Best Actress” at the ‘Voordrachts Webstrijd’, the Annual Kids Acting Competition in Curacao in 1986.
- She was invited to recite her poem ‘Als’ (Dutch for ‘If’) at the official Amnesty International event in 1988. The poem is about tolerance, peace, and human rights.
- In 1990, Kizzy was cast in an uncredited role in the drama film Ava & Gabriel – Un historia di amor.
- She relocated to the Netherlands in the year 2009.
- Kizzy performed her published poem “Nederland Schreeuwt om Kunst en Cultuur” at the official televised Nederland Schreeuwt om Cultuur’ event in 2011.
- In October 2012, she released the first single of her solo album and it was titled This Bed Ain’t Big Enough.
- Kizzy has served as a backup vocalist for artists such as Steven Tyler (Aerosmith), Al Kooper, Susan Tedeschi, and Grammy award winner Kim Burrell.
- She hosted the “International Women’s Day” event in 2014 as well as performed her poem ‘Internationale Vrouwendag’ (International Women’s Day) at the event.
- In 2014, Kizzy also hosted the annual Miss Valentine competition called Goois Jazzfestival.
- She is recognized as an advocate for women’s rights due to her poems ‘Internationale Vrouwendag’, ‘Hands Off Our Girls’, ‘Suffrage’, and (one of her most widely acclaimed poems) ‘Supervrouwen’ (Super Women).
- Kizzy once said, “The grass is never really greener on the other side of the fence. At least not by default. The neighbors work their butts off in their yard, all night, while we drool over our pillows. And then in the morning we wonder why their grass looks better.”
Featured Image by Jeroen22 / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0