|Molly Shannon Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||September 16, 1964|
Molly Shannon is an American actor, writer, producer, voice artist, and comedian. She has been cast in movies like Superstar, A Night at the Roxbury, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, My Boss’s Daughter, Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby, Other People, Osmosis Jones, Wild Nights with Emily, Hotel Transylvania, Hotel Transylvania 2, Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation, Private Life, Happiness, Never Been Kissed, Igor, Wet Hot American Summer, Me and Earl and the Dying Girl, and Promising Young Woman. Shannon was also a cast member on Saturday Night Live from 1995 to 2001 as well as has appeared in television shows like Will and Grace, Kath & Kim, Enlightened, The Other Two, Divorce, The White Lotus, and Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later.
Molly Helen Shannon
Shaker Heights, Ohio, United States
Molly Shannon got enrolled at St. Dominic School in Shaker Heights for grade school as well as attended Hawken School in Gates Mills, Ohio.
Later, she attended New York University and studied drama, graduating from NYU‘s Tisch School of the Arts in 1987.
Actor, Writer, Producer, Voice Artist, Comedian
- Father – James Francis Shannon (Sales Manager)
- Mother – Mary Margaret “Peg” (née Keating) (Teacher)
- Siblings – Mary Shannon Beatty (Older Sister), Katie Shannon (Sister) (Died in 1969)
- Others – Daniel Edward Shannon (Paternal Grandfather), Helen L. Dowdell (Paternal Grandmother), Owen Cattigan/Keating (Maternal Grandfather), Mary Madden (Maternal Grandmother)
Molly Shannon has been signed with –
- Framework Entertainment NY, Talent Management Company, New York, New York City, United States
- Viewpoint, Inc., Public Relations Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, her net worth had been $7 Million.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Molly Shannon has dated –
- Fritz Chesnut (2002-Present) – In January 2002, she started dating artist Fritz Chesnut and they got married on May 29, 2004. For their wedding, she wore an off-white “garden dress” designed by SNL wardrobe department head Dale Richards. They have 2 children – daughter Stella Shannon Chestnut (b. 2003) and son Nolan Shannon Chestnut (b. 2005).
Race / Ethnicity
Molly Shannon is of Irish American descent.
Molly Shannon has done TV commercials for –
- Depends (2001)
- T-Mobile (2004
- Expedia.Com (2012)
She was raised in a Catholic household.
Molly Shannon Facts
- She was 4 years old when her mother, younger sister, and cousin died in a car accident while her father was driving under the influence.
- Talking about her father, Molly Shannon once said, “My dad was a real fun guy and, despite his personal problems, he was a great father. It wasn’t easy, but he did a good job of raising my sister Mary and I all by himself.”
- In 1989, she made her theatrical film debut as Meg (New York) in the horror film named The Phantom of the Opera.
- One of Shannon’s classmates at Hawken School was actor Greer Goodman.
- In 2013, she was cast in the recurring role of Eileen in the HBO comedy-drama series Enlightened and this got her nominated for a Critics’ Choice Television Award for “Best Guest Performer in a Comedy Series” and a Primetime Emmy Award for “Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series”.
- Alongside Jesse Plemons, Maude Apatow, Madisen Beaty, and others, Molly Shannon co-starred as Joanne Mulcahey in the 2016 comedy-drama film, Other People. This role won her the Independent Spirit Award for “Best Supporting Female”.
- In April 2022, during an appearance on The Howard Stern Show, Molly revealed that Gary Coleman s*xually harassed her in the past.
Featured Image by David Shankbone / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0