|Maude Apatow Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||December 15, 1997|
Maude Apatow is an American actress who is well-known for being the daughter of director, producer, and screenwriter Judd Apatow and actress Leslie Mann. She began her career as a child actress by playing the daughter of her real-life mother Mann’s character in films like Knocked Up (2007), Funny People (2009), and This Is 40 (2012). However, with time, she has set herself apart with mature roles like Meredith Whitcomb in The House of Tomorrow (2017) and Lexi Howard in the teen drama series Euphoria (2019). In addition to acting, Maude is also a talented writer and aspires to direct films like her father. She has more than 200k followers on Twitter and more than 400k followers on Instagram.
Los Banos, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Maude attended the Northwestern University in Chicago to study theater but left after completing her sophomore year to focus on her acting career.
- Father – Judd Apatow (Director, Producer, Screenwriter)
- Mother – Leslie Mann (Actress)
- Siblings – Iris Apatow (Younger Sister) (Actress)
- Others – Maury Apatow (Paternal Grandfather) (Real Estate Developer), Tamara “Tami” Apatow (née Shad) (Paternal Grandmother), Robert Apatow (Paternal Uncle), Mia Apatow (Paternal Aunt), Janet Ann (Hamilton) (Maternal Grandmother), Richard Owen Hand (Maternal Grandfather)
Maude is represented by the United Talent Agency in California.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Maude Apatow has dated –
- Charlie Christie (2018-Present) – According to her Instagram account, Maude is dating a British guy named Charlie Christie since 2018. Charlie is a music manager and handles the work of singer Rex Orange County for the September Management label. The couple celebrated their 1st anniversary on April 8, 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry on her father’s side and is of Scottish, Finnish, German, and Irish descent on her mother’s side.
- Big eyes
- Sharp jawline
- Black mole on her right shoulder
Maude has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Jergens (Skin Care Line) (Co-starring her mother Leslie Mann)
- Vanity Magazine
- Susan Alexandra
- Teen Vogue
Best Known For
- Her candid and amusing tweets on her Twitter account which has generated a buzz and amassed around 200k followers by 2019
- Starring in films like Knocked Up (2007), This Is 40 (2012), Funny People (2009), Assassination Nation (2018), The House of Tomorrow (2017), and the teen drama series Euphoria
In 2007, Maude made her theatrical film debut as Sadie in her father’s romantic comedy film Knocked Up. She played the daughter of her real-life mother’s character Debbie in the film.
First TV Show
Maude made her first TV show appearance as ‘Herself’ in a 2012 episode of the documentary series 60 Minutes which featured a segment on her father titled ‘Judd Apatow’.
Maude Apatow Favorite Things
- Lip Balm – Vaseline
- Movies – Say Anything (1989), Lady Bird (2017), Harold and Maude (1971), Magnolia (1999), Boogie Nights (1997), Stand by Me (1986), About a Boy (2002)
- TV Show – Freaks and Geeks
- Dog – Tori the Bichon Frise
- Instagram Account – bichon_tori
- Halloween Costume – Velma Dinkley from Scooby-Doo
- Celebrity Crush – Nicholas Hoult, Jesse McCartney
- Lipstick Brand – Lipstick Queen
Maude Apatow Facts
- Her parents named her after the character Maude Chardin from the film Harold and Maude (1971) which happened to be one of Leslie’s favorite films.
- Maude faced the cameras for the first time in her father’s directorial debut film The 40-Year-Old Virgin in 2005. However, her scenes did not make the final cut of the film.
- She opened her Twitter account in the 7th grade and began receiving recognition for her funny and amusing tweets. In fact, Time Magazine voted her account as one of the ‘Best Twitter Feeds of 2013.’
- She has worked as a contributing writer for the website Hello Giggles, whose co-creator is actress/musician Zooey Deschanel.
- Maude has also interviewed celebrities like One Direction, Simon Cowell, and Cody Simpson as a young teenager.
- Maude was live-tweeting from the royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton at the Westminster Abbey in London in 2011. It subsequently helped increase her following on Twitter.
- She has a pet cat named Honey Apatow. Honey has its own Instagram page with more than 6k followers.
- Maude wrote and directed her first short film called Don’t Mind Alice in 2017. The film premiered at the Santa Barbara Film Festival.
- Maude received acting nominations at the Young Artist Award and the Phoenix Film Critics Society Award for her role as Sadie in the 2012 comedy film This Is 40.
- Follow Maude Apatow on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Maude Apatow / Instagram