Zooey Claire Deschanel (Pronounced – zoh-ee day-shuh-nell)
Los Angeles, California, USA
Zooey attended a private preparatory school, Crossroads School for Arts and Sciences in Santa Monica, California. Later, she attended French Woods Festival of the Performing Arts. Finally, she enrolled herself into Northwestern University, but dropped out after spending nine months there.
Actress, model, singer, songwriter, producer
- Father – Caleb Deschanel (Cinematographer and director)
- Mother – Mary Jo Deschanel (Actress)
- Siblings – Emily Deschanel (Older Sister) (Actress)
She is managed by CAA (Creative Artists Agency). During 2012, she ended her agreement with them and instead signed to UTA (United Talent Agency). But, again in August 2013, she came back with CAA.
Indie pop, indie folk, alternative country, jazz
Vocals, piano, ukulele
As part of the band, She & Him, she is signed with Merge Records, Double Six, Columbia Records.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
55 kg or 121 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Zooey Deschanel dated –
- Dhani Harrison – RUMOR
- Mickey Madden
- Chris Kattan
- Matthew Davis (2000-2001)
- Hunter Burgan (2002-2003)
- Jason Schwartzman (2003-2005) – American actor and musician, Jason dated Zooey for about 2 years from 2003 to 2005. It was a low key relationship.
- Ben Gibbard (2008-2011) – “Death Cab for Cutie” rocker, Ben Gibbard started dating Zooey in 2008 and in December 2008, they got engaged. On September 19, 2009, the duo married near Seattle, Washington. But, after 2 years, the couple announced their separation in November 2011. Their divorce was finalized on December 12, 2012.
- Jamie Linden (2012-2014) – She started dating Jamie Linden in June 2012. She split from screenwriter in August 2014.
- Jacob Pechenik (2014-Present) – She started dating film producer, Jacob Pechenik in 2014. The duo engaged on January 17, 2015. They met while filming the 2015 film “Rock the Kasbah,” where Jacob was the co-producer and Zooey was in a starring role. The couple got married in June 2015. In July 2015, the couple welcomed their first child together, daughter Elsie Otter.
Race / Ethnicity
Her ancestry includes Dutch, English, French, Irish, and Swiss.
She has naturally “Dark Brown” hair.
- Dark brown thick and dry hair
- Big blue eyes
- Hair with bangs
34-24-35 in or 87-61-89 cm
Zooey is speculated to be wearing a shoe of size 8 (US).
She was the brand ambassador for Pantene Australia, and Pantene New Zealand in 2012.
She also represents the cosmetic brand Rimmel.
Additionally, she was featured in a commercial for iPhone 4S (Siri) in 2012.
Best Known For
Playing a lead role as Jessica “Jess” Day in Fox’s sitcom New Girl since 2011. She is also the producer of the show.
She is also known for appearing in 2009 film (500) Days of Summer.
Zooey and musician M. Ward are the 2 members of the indie pop band She & Him, which was formed in 2006. In March 2008, the duo released their debut album Volume One via Merge Records.
In 1999, Zooey played the role as Vanessa Watkins in an American comedy-drama film, Mumford.
First TV Show
Deschanel guest appeared in NBC’s sitcom Veronica’s Closet in 1998 for her role as Elena in an episode titled “Veronica’s Fun and Pirates Are Crazy”.
Deschanel keeps herself fit by following the BAR method. It is actually the ballet based toning classes.
She really likes to do tap dancing. She did it for 6 continuous years. It is a good cardio. Other cardio, which she does are hiking, running, biking. She does it an hour a day for 6 days in a week.
Zooey Deschanel Favorite Things
- Band – Beach Boys
Source – Channel4
Zooey Deschanel Facts
- Zooey Deschanel was named after a male protagonist, Zooey Glass from the 1961 novella Franny and Zooey by J. D. Salinger.
- She had spent much of her childhood in traveling due to her father’s profession as a director and cinematographer, where her father was required to shot films in different locations. And, Zooey revealed that she didn’t like all that traveling.
- In 2011, she launched an entertainment website hellogiggles.com with friends Sophia Rossi (Producer) and Molly McAleer (Writer).
- She had served as a judge for The Ninth Independent Music Awards.
- She became friends with Jake Gyllenhaal and Kate Hudson during her schooling at Crossroads.
- She has varied interests ranging from fashion, philosophy, photography, and jazz singing.
- In 2012, she was at #12 in Askmen’s Top 99 Most Desirable Women.
- She used to be vegan before, just like her older sister. But, now, Zooey is not. She couldn’t restrict herself to just vegan food. Though, she is allergic to eggs, dairy, and wheat gluten.
- Visit her band She and Him’s official website @ www.sheandhim.com.
- Follow her on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.