|Zooey Deschanel Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||January 17, 1980|
Zooey Deschanel is an American actress, voiceover artist, producer, model, singer, and songwriter who is known for her roles in shows and movies such as 500 Days of Summer, Bridge to Terabithia, The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, All the Real Girls, The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, The Go-Getter, Live Free or Die, Trolls, Tin Man, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, New Girl, Once Upon a Mattress, and Weeds. Apart from that, she has also branched out as a musician and has been the lead vocalist of the musical duo, She & Him, along with M. Ward. The duo has released multiple albums, tracks, and extended plays like A Very She & Him Christmas, Christmas Party, Classics, Why Do You Let Me Stay Here?, Fools Rush In, God Only Knows, I Could’ve Been Your Girl, She Gives Her Love to Me, and In the Sun.
Zooey Claire Deschanel (Pronounced – zoh-ee day-shuh-nell)
Los Angeles, California, United States
Zooey attended a private preparatory school, Crossroads School for Arts and Sciences in Santa Monica, California. Later, she attended the French Woods Festival of the Performing Arts. Finally, she enrolled herself at Northwestern University but dropped out after spending nine months there.
Actress, Voiceover Artist, Producer, Model, Singer, Songwriter
- Father – Caleb Deschanel (Cinematographer and director)
- Mother – Mary Jo Deschanel (née Weir) (Actress)
- Siblings – Emily Deschanel (Older Sister) (Actress)
- Others – Paul Jules Deschanel (Paternal Grandfather), Anna/Ann Ward Orr (Paternal Grandmother), Donald Lamar Weir (Maternal Grandfather), Elizabeth Ellen Manchester (Maternal Grandmother)
She is managed by the CAA (Creative Artists Agency). In 2012, she ended her agreement with them and instead signed to UTA (United Talent Agency). But, again in August 2013, she came back with CAA.
Indie pop, indie folk, alternative country, jazz
Vocals, piano, ukulele
As part of the band, She & Him, she is signed with Merge Records, Double Six, Columbia Records.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Zooey Deschanel has dated –
- Dhani Harrison – RUMOR
- Mickey Madden
- Chris Kattan
- Matthew Davis (2000-2001)
- Hunter Burgan (2002-2003)
- Jason Schwartzman (2003-2005) – American actor and musician, Jason dated Zooey for about 2 years from 2003 to 2005. It was a low key relationship.
- Ben Gibbard (2008-2011) – “Death Cab for Cutie” rocker, Ben Gibbard started dating Zooey in 2008 and in December 2008, they got engaged. On September 19, 2009, the duo married near Seattle, Washington. But, after 2 years, the couple announced their separation in November 2011. Their divorce was finalized on December 12, 2012.
- Jamie Linden (2012-2014) – She started dating Jamie Linden in June 2012. She split from the screenwriter in August 2014.
- Jacob Pechenik (2014-2019) – She started dating film producer, Jacob Pechenik in 2014. The duo got engaged on January 17, 2015. They met while filming the 2015 film Rock the Kasbah, where Jacob was the co-producer and Zooey was in a starring role. The couple got married in June 2015. In July 2015, the couple welcomed their first child together, daughter Elsie Otter and their son Charlie was born in May 2017. Due to differences between them, the couple decided to separate from each other in 2019. Zooey said that she thinks they are better off as friends, business partners, and co-parents instead of life partners.
- Jonathan Scott (2019-Present) – It is reported that Zooey is seeing TV personality, Jonathan Scott. He had been leaving cute comments on her Instagram post which showed his affection towards the beautiful lady. The two started seeing each other in September 2019, precisely from the 13th when they met during the picturization of an episode of Carpool Karaoke. They were later seen at Little Dom’s, a restaurant in Silver Lake, California. Scott even took Deschanel along to a taping of Dancing With the Stars. The couple and their chemistry are termed cute and angelic by the on-lookers. There were some engagement rumors in November 2020 as well which were actually false.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of French, English, German, Irish, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, Swiss, Dutch, and Cornish descent.
She has naturally “Dark Brown” hair.
- Dark brown thick and dry hair
- Big blue eyes
- Hair with bangs
34-24-35 in or 87-61-89 cm
Zooey is speculated to be wearing a shoe of size 8 (US).
She was the brand ambassador for Pantene Australia and Pantene New Zealand in 2012.
She also represents the cosmetic brand Rimmel.
Additionally, she was featured in a commercial for iPhone 4S (Siri) in 2012.
She was initially into the Roman Catholicism faith. But, later shifted her faith to ‘Judaism’.
Best Known For
- Playing the lead role as Jessica “Jess” Day in Fox’s sitcom New Girl from 2011 to 2018. She is also the producer of the show and won the 2012 Critics’ Choice Television Award for “Best Actress in a Comedy Series” (tied with Amy Poehler).
- She is also known for appearing in the 2009 film (500) Days of Summer. For this role, she was nominated for the 2009 Satellite Award for “Best Actress in a Motion Picture Musical or Comedy”.
As a Singer
Zooey and musician M. Ward are the 2 members of the indie-pop band She & Him, which was formed in 2006. In March 2008, the duo released their debut album Volume One via Merge Records.
In 1999, Zooey played the role of Vanessa Watkins in an American comedy-drama film, Mumford.
First TV Show
Deschanel guest appeared in NBC’s sitcom Veronica’s Closet in 1998 for her role as Elena in an episode titled “Veronica’s Fun and Pirates Are Crazy”.
Deschanel keeps herself fit by following the BAR method. It is actually the ballet based toning classes.
She really likes to do tap dancing. She did it for 6 continuous years. It is a good cardio. Other cardio, which she does are hiking, running, biking. She does it an hour a day for 6 days a week.
Zooey Deschanel Favorite Things
- Band – Beach Boys
Source – Channel4.com
Zooey Deschanel Facts
- Zooey Deschanel was named after a male protagonist, Zooey Glass from the 1961 novella Franny and Zooey by J. D. Salinger.
- She had spent much of her childhood traveling due to her father’s profession as a director and cinematographer, where her father was required to shot films in different locations. And, Zooey revealed that she didn’t like all that traveling.
- In 2011, she launched an entertainment website hellogiggles.com with friends Sophia Rossi (Producer) and Molly McAleer (Writer).
- She had served as a judge for The Ninth Independent Music Awards.
- She became friends with Jake Gyllenhaal and Kate Hudson during her schooling at Crossroads.
- She has varied interests ranging from fashion, philosophy, photography, and jazz singing.
- She is a registered Democrat.
- In 2012, she was at #12 on Askmen’s Top 99 Most Desirable Women list.
- She used to be vegan before, just like her older sister. But, now, Zooey is not. She couldn’t restrict herself to just vegan food. Though, she is allergic to eggs, dairy, and wheat gluten.
- She has attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- She has been friends with Joseph Gordon-Levitt.
- She is a huge fan of actress and musician Parker Posey.
- In December 2020, she starred in the music video of Not the End of the World by Katy Perry.