|Katy Perry Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||October 25, 1984|
Katy Perry is a singer, songwriter and television judge from the United States. In 2001, Katy signed with Red Hill Records and released her debut studio album, Katy Hudson. Katy’s second album, released in 2008, One of the Boys was her breakthrough to success.
Perry pursued her career in gospel music as a teenager and her interest in music from a young age pushed her to success and gain international recognition. Winner of several awards, this pop singer is one of the world’s best-selling artists and has sold more than 125 million singles and over 18 million albums worldwide. From 2011-2019, she has appeared in the annual list of Forbes as one of the highest-earning women in music.
Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson
Katy Hudson, Katy Brand, Katheryn Elizabeth Brand, Pickle, KP, Katy Bird, The Queen of Cool, KatyCat, K-Pez, Chuckie, Pussycat
Santa Barbara, California, USA
Katy Perry went to Dos Pueblos High School, Goleta, California, for 1 year. After, passing 1st year, she took her GED and left her education to pursue her career in music.
Singer, songwriter, actress
- Father – Maurice Keith Hudson (Pentecostal Pastor)
- Mother – Mary Christine Perry (Pentecostal Pastor)
- Siblings – Angela Hudson (Sister), David Hudson (Brother)
- Others – Frank Perry (Uncle)
Direct Management Group, Inc.
Pop, rock, disco
Vocals, piano, guitar
Red Hill, Java, Columbia, Capitol Records
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
61 kg or 134½ pounds
Katy Perry married Russell Brand (British Comedian) on October 23, 2010, in a traditional Hindu ceremony near the Ranthambhore tiger sanctuary in Rajasthan, India. Their marriage went until December 2011. Brand had proposed Katy at the same place, where they married and they remained engaged from December 2009 to October 2010. They split on December 31, 2011, and their divorce was finalized on July 16, 2012.
- James Valentine (2009) – Katy was rumored to be in a relationship with the lead guitarist of the band Maroon 5, James Valentine, in 2009.
- Benny Blanco (2011) – Katy was rumored to be dating American songwriter and record producer Benny Blanco in 2011 according to an Australian magazine. However, she later denied all these rumors and even took legal action towards the accusations.
- Robert Ackroyd (2012) – Katy Perry dated Robert Ackroyd (Guitarist from Florence+the machine) for about 1 month in April 2012.
- John Mayer (2012-2015) – This Jewish musician had dated ON and OFF with Perry from June 2012 to July 2015. They split in August 2012 after dating for a couple of months. She reconciled later and again separated in February 2014. The couple were again together and finally called it quits in July 2015.
- Riff Raff (2014) – RUMOR
- Diplo (2014-2015) – DJ Diplo aka Thomas Pentz started dating Katy in April 2014. After a month of dating, Diplo called off the relationship in May 2014. However, just like her previous relationship with John, she reunited with him again later in the year. But, again called it quits in March 2015.
- Jared Leto (2014) – Katy was rumored to have had a fling with fellow musician Jared Leto in 2014.
- Winston Marshall (2015) – Katy was rumored to be dating musician Winston Marshall in 2015.
- Orlando Bloom (2016-2017, 2018-Present) – British actor Orlando Bloom and Katy met at the Golden Globe’s party in January 2016 and started dating each other. They separated in February 2017 after a year of dating. She wanted to marry and have kids with Bloom, but he didn’t. Hence, they split. In 2018, they reconciled and started dating again. In September 2018, they had their first red carpet appearance in Monte Carlo, Monaco after getting back together in early 2018. They got engaged in February 2019.
- Takeoff (2017) – Migos’ rapper Takeoff and Katy were linked in May 2017 when they went to attend Saturday Night Live after-party together. They got together after his rap group Migos worked with Katy on her song Bon Appetit.
- Chris Martin (2017) – Just before Coldplay singer Chris Martin split with Annabelle Wallis in June 2017, he was romantically linked with Katy Perry at Glastonbury. They looked cozy which hinted that they might be dating.
Race / Ethnicity
Katy has English, German, Irish, and Portuguese ancestry.
But, she dyes her hair ‘black’. She also wears wigs of different colors. Katy Perry wears wigs to avoid paparazzi.
Blue with a hint of green
- Eccentric outfit
- Beautiful eyes
36-25-35 in or 91.5-63.5-89 cm
GHD (Haircare Product Manufacturer), ProActiv (2010), Purr Perfume (2010), OPI Nail Polish (2011), Purr by Katy Perry (2011), Thomas Sabo jewelry and others.
Best Known For
Her over-the-top fashions, unconventional style of dress, colorful wigs and catchy songs like “I kissed a girl” which was partially inspired by actress Scarlett Johansson.
“Katy Hudson” released on October 23, 2001. But, this failed to be ranked on record charts.
2010 film Get Him to the Greek as herself.
First TV Show
2008 TV Show The Young and the Restless as herself. Actually, she appeared in episode number 8914 only.
Katy Perry Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Mexican food, Thai food, Ice-cream and Crepes
- Favorite TV Programs – Ancient Aliens (2009)
- Favorite Movie – Lolita (1997)
- Favorite Bands – Beach Boys, Heart, Joni Mitchell, Paul Simon, Alanis Morissette, Imogen Heap, Gwen Stefani, Rufus Wainwright, Ting Tings
- Favorite Book – The Help (Kathryn Stockett) released in 2009
- Favorite Place To Visit– Japan
- Favorite Colors – Pink, Aqua, Blue
- Favorite Accessories – Fruit-shaped accessories (mainly watermelons), Sparkle, Nail Polish, Rainbow wigs, Bracelets
- Favorite Basketball Team – Los Angeles Lakers
Source – IMDb
Katy Perry Facts
- Katy had 13 cavities when she was a child.
- Katy Perry has 3 pets, namely, Kitty Purry (Cat), Krusty (Cat), Morrissey (Cat). Her cat Kitty Purry has its own blog.
- Katy Perry used to sing in the churches from the age of 9 to 17.
- Katy says that she would like to kiss Megan Fox.
- As a kid, she was not allowed to watch MTV.
- She knows how to play electric guitar and acoustic guitar.
- In April 2012, Katy Perry performed at the opening ceremony of the 5th edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) before a cricket match at Chennai.
- At the age of 15, Perry started visiting Nashville which gave her the experience of song recording demos and songwriting.
- She moved to Los Angeles at the age of 17 and collaborated with Glen Ballard which didn’t last long. Her collaboration with Columbia Records in 2004 didn’t do great as well and hence, she was dropped from this too.
- Katy Perry was voted no. 6 on FHM’s Sexiest Women List and no. 4 in Maxim’s Hot 100 List in 2012.
- Perry celebrated her 28th birthday with lunch with the then-First Lady Michelle Obama.
- She was having big breasts and was always teased for that during her high school days.
- In March 2009, she was shooting for a magazine with a chimpanzee. The chimpanzee urinated on Katy and she left the shoot in the middle and went for a shower.
- Katy smokes also and she likes vintage things.
- In 2009, while she was shooting for a magazine, the chimp on the set urinated all over her and she had to shower in the middle of the shoot.
- She was voted no. 16 on AskMen’s Most Desirable Women of 2012.
- She shares a close bond of friendship with Rihanna and Shannon Woodward. She is also friends with Ellen DeGeneres, Christina Milian, Adam Lambert and Perez Hilton.
- Katy has a thing for shoes. Her shoe collection is fabulous and has shoes for every occasion.
- In June 2017, Katy became the first person to reach the ‘100 million followers’ mark on Twitter.