|Josh Groban Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||February 27, 1981|
Joshua Winslow Groban
Josh, Golden Grobes
Los Angeles, California, United States
Josh Groban graduated from the Los Angeles County High School for the Arts in 1999 with a major in theater.
After that, he got enrolled at Carnegie Mellon University. He intended to study drama but left after four months as he was offered a recording contract.
He attended classes at the Interlochen Center for the Arts Camp in Michigan for the summers of 1997 and 1998. He also went to the Bridges Academy in Los Angeles.
Singer-songwriter, actor, record producer
- Father – Jack Groban (Businessman)
- Mother – Lindy Groban (School Teacher)
- Siblings – Chris Groban (Younger Brother)
- Others – Joseph Saul Groban (Paternal Grandfather), Evelyn Levin (Paternal Grandmother), Merril Johnston (Maternal Grandfather), Dorothy Zelda Blumberg (Maternal Grandmother)
Josh Groban is represented by William Morris Endeavor Entertainment.
Easy listening, vocal, operatic pop, and pop-rock
Lyric baritone, vocals, piano, drums, percussion, and accordion
143 Records, Reprise, Warner Bros. Records
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Josh Groban has dated –
- January Jones (2003-2006) – Josh started dating actress January Jones towards the end of 2003. They made their relationship public by walking the red carpet together at the premiere of Love Actually. Thereafter, they were constant by each other’s side at several high-profile events for more than two and half years. In June 2006, their representative revealed that they were taking a break but continued to remain great friends.
- Katy Perry (2009) – Josh had known pop star Katy Perry even before she had released her debut album. They were reported to be dating for a brief period in March 2009. He later admitted that they had sort of skated dating line but their relationship didn’t move ahead.
- April Bowlby (2009-2010) – From November 2009 to March 2010, Josh was romantically linked with actress April Bowlby.
- Selma Blair (2010) – Groban was linked with actress Selma Blair in 2010 after they were spotted out on a movie date at The Grove shopping center in Los Angeles in July 2010.
- Shenae Grimes (2010) – In September 2010, Josh had a fling with Canadian actress, Shenae Grimes.
- Michelle Trachtenberg (2012) – Josh was RUMORed to be going out with actress Michelle Trachtenberg in 2012 after they were pictured leaving a trendy restaurant in Beverly Hills. Michelle’s attempt to hide from the paparazzi pointed towards more than just two friends out for a dinner.
- Kat Dennings (2014-2016) – Groban started going out with actress Kat Dennings in 2014. They made their relationship public in October 2014 by arriving together at the Carousel of Hope Ball in Beverly Hills. Despite being in a relationship for some time, it was at the Ball that she heard him sing for the first time. In July 2016, they separated.
Race / Ethnicity
On his father’s side, he has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry. While on his mother’s side, he is of German, English, and Norwegian descent along with Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry.
- Curly hair
Josh has appeared in a Target commercial.
He has also been seen in a PSA of American Society.
Anglican / Episcopalian
Best Known For
- Being a very successful and one of the best-selling music artists. Many of his albums have been certified as ‘Platinum’.
- Having made guest or cameo appearances in a number of popular films and TV series such as Crazy, Stupid, Love (2011) and The Office from 2011 to 2012.
In 2001, Josh released his debut studio album, Josh Groban in November 2001. The album sold more than 5.2 million copies just in the U.S.
In 2011, Josh made his first film appearance in the romantic comedy movie, Crazy, Stupid, Love as Richard.
First TV Show
In 2001, Josh made his TV show debut in 2 episodes in a minor role in the comedy-drama series, Ally McBeal.
Josh Groban Favorite Things
- Cities to Dine – Paris and New York City
- Restaurant – Kate Mantilini in Los Angeles
- Most Memorable Meal – Joël Robuchon at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas
- Snack – Dried fruits, especially dried mangoes
- Dream Duet Partner – Björk
- Treasured Item – Book signed by Nelson Mandela
Source – BonAppetit.com, USMagazine.com
Josh Groban Facts
- Josh has been a longtime and staunch supporter of American Cancer Society. He even appeared in a series of TV commercials for the foundation that aimed to raise awareness about various forms of cancer.
- When he was 12 years old, he auditioned to work at Magic Castle, which is a Hollywood-based magic club. However, it didn’t go well as he ended up spilling all his coins on the floor.
- Since he was a child, he has been in love with tennis. He still tries to play it three to four times in a week.
- While growing up, Josh aspired to become a veterinarian and live on a farm.
- His pre-show or concert routine involves walking to the stage with chamomile or mint tea. Before starting the show, he makes sure that he drinks it in a big gulp.
- He is the founder of the nonprofit foundation, Josh Groban Foundation, which works to support needful children through healthcare, arts, and education.
- He is also a big advocate of arts education and has founded, Find Your Light Foundation, which works to support various art endeavors.
- In 2008, People magazine included him on the list of “100 Most Beautiful People”. He was named on the “100 Sexiest Newcomer” list by another publication in 2002.
- On the eve of his 27th birthday, his fans managed to raise more than $40,000, which was donated to a South Africa-based orphanage named Siyawela.
- In recognition of his advocacy and philanthropy for arts education, he was made a member of the Americans for the Arts Artists Committee.
- To raise awareness about poverty, he participated in Live Below the Line campaign, which was launched by the Global Poverty Project. The project involved living on $1.50 for a day.
- In 2004, the former South African President Nelson Mandela made him an official ambassador for his Project 46664, which aimed to raise awareness about AIDS endemic in Africa.