Selma Blair Beitner
Southfield, Michigan, U.S.
Los Angeles, California, United States
Selma went to Hillel Day School in Farmington Hills, Michigan. She subsequently took admission into Cranbrook Kingswood in Bloomfield Hills.
Then, she studied photography at Kalamazoo College in Kalamazoo, Michigan.
Selma was enrolled into New York University for further studies and simultaneously, she was taking acting classes at Stella Adler Conservatory.
She also learned acting from the Column Theatre and the Stonestreet Screen Acting Workshop.
Finally, she returned back to her city Michigan to complete her education and graduated magna cum laude from the University of Michigan in 1994.
Actress (Film, TV, and theater)
- Father – Elliot I. Beitner (Attorney, Labor Arbitrator) (Died in 2012 at the age of 82)
- Mother – Molly Ann (née Cooke) Beitner (Judge)
- Siblings – Katherine Beitner (Older Sister), Marie Beitner (Older Sister), Elizabeth Beitner (Older Sister)
The Gersh Agency, Inc.
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
52 kg or 115 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Selma Blair dated –
- Jason Schwartzman (2001) – The two actors Jason Schwartzman and Selma dated briefly in 2001 when both of their careers were starting to take off.
- Ahmet Zappa (2002-2006) – In 2002, she commenced dating musician, writer, and music producer Ahmet Zappa. After dating for a year, the couple got engaged in October 2003. The couple got married on January 24, 2004. But, after just more than two years of successful married life, the couple split and Selma filed for divorce on June 21, 2006, which was finalized in December 2006. They are still good friends.
- Johnny Messner (2006-2008) – The Sweetest Thing co-stars Johnny Messner and Selma were romantically linked to each other from 2006 to 2008.
- Mikey Day (2008-2009) – This time Selma started dating her Kath & Kim co-star, Mikey Day in December 2008. Their on-screen romance was brought to off-screen as well in late 2008. They continued dating each other until late 2009.
- Josh Groban (2010) – In July 2010, Selma was seen with 9 years her junior, musician Josh Groban. They were pictured at The Grove in Los Angeles going for a movie date.
- Jason Bleick (2010-2012) – In 2010, Blair was romancing fashion designer, Jason Bleick after they worked on EVER fashion line. Soon, she was pregnant with her first child. Selma gave birth to son Arthur Saint Bleick on July 25, 2011. Next year, in September 2012, the couple called it quits.
Race / Ethnicity
Thin body frame
33-23-33 in or 84-58.5-84 cm
2 (US) or 32 (EU)
She has appeared in a commercial for the EA games’ The Sims Online video game in 2002, GAP clothing‘s Merry Mix It with Rainn Wilson, etc.
She narrated London Olympics 2012 ads and Xfinity ads in 2012.
She has also been seen in several print ads such as Chanel (2005), Skin cancer campaign (2006).
Best Known For
Playing Liz Sherman in the supernatural superhero film series Hellboy.
She appeared in 1996 film The Broccoli Theory for her role as Pretzel Cart Lesbian.
First TV Show
In 1995, Selma guest appeared in the Nickelodeon children’s series The Adventures of Pete & Pete for her role as Penelope Ghiruto in an episode entitled “Das Bus.”
She has worked with numerous trainers such as celebrity trainer, Bob Harper.
You can check a workout plan devised by him for his followers.
Selma Blair Favorite Things
- Beauty Product – Egyptian Magic
- On-screen Kiss – with Sarah Michelle Gellar
Source – IGN, Daily Mail
Selma Blair Facts
- Selma started her career in 1995.
- Selma’s Hebrew name is Bat-Sheva.
- She has a dog named, Ducky. She had another dog, having one eye named, Wink until February 2011 (died at that time).
- In an accident, she lost her childhood sweetheart in an accident in 1990 (at the age of 18).
- Selma is best friends with actress Reese Witherspoon.
- After watching 1975 film Jaws, she developed a fear of water and sharks.
- Her first ever audition was for a cereal commercial in mid-1990.
- She has done smoking for about 20 years.
- When she was 23, her parents got divorced.
- When she was studying in her freshman year, she wanted to become a horse trainer and ballerina.
- She enjoys doing horseback riding and ice skating.
- In high school, she used to go by the name “Blair” most of the times as she hated her first name.
- Her acting career has been influenced by Judy Davis, Sissy Spacek, Julie Hagerty.
- Find Selma on Twitter.