|Sissy Spacek Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||December 25, 1949|
Sissy Spacek is an American actor, singer, director, and voice actor who has received several accolades, including at least an Academy Award, 3 Golden Globe Awards, a Screen Actors Guild Award, and nominations for 4 British Academy Film Awards, 3 Primetime Emmy Awards, and a Grammy Award. Her film credits include The River, Nine Lives, The Old Man & the Gun, The Help, Tuck Everlasting, In the Bedroom, Crimes of the Heart, Missing, Four Christmases, The Straight Story, Raggedy Man, Affliction, Get Low, North Country, and JFK. In addition to that, Sissy Spacek is also known for her television roles like playing Sally Rayburn in the Netflix original thriller drama series Bloodline, Ellen Bergman in the psychological thriller series Homecoming, Marilyn Densham in the HBO drama series Big Love, Irene York in the sci-fi drama series Night Sky, and Ruth Deaver in the psychological horror series Castle Rock.
Mary Elizabeth Spacek
Quitman, Wood County, Texas, United States
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
Sissy Spacek studied at Quitman High School and was named homecoming queen.
Actor, Singer, Director, Voice Actor
- Father – Edwin Arnold Spacek Sr. (County Agricultural Agent)
- Mother – Virginia Frances (née Spilman) (1917-1981)
- Siblings – Robbie Spacek (Older Brother) (Died of leukemia at the age of 18 in 1967), Ed Spacek (Older Brother) (Music Industry Consultant)
- Others – Arnold Adolph Špaček (Paternal Grandfather) (Served as mayor of Granger, Texas, in Williamson County), Mary Julia Červenka (Paternal Grandmother), Thomas Hall Spilman (Maternal Grandfather), Elizabeth Allen Holliday (Maternal Grandmother), Thelma Torn (née Spacek) (Paternal Aunt), Rip Torn (February 6, 1931 – July 9, 2019) (Cousin) (Actor, Voice Artist)
Sissy Spacek has been repped by MGMT Entertainment, Talent Management Company, West Hollywood, California, United States.
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, her net worth has been $15 Million.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sissy Spacek has dated –
- Jack Fisk (1974-Present) – She met production designer and art director Jack Fisk on the set of the film Badlands and they married in 1974. They parent 2 daughters – Schuyler Fisk (b. July 8, 1982) and Madison Fisk (b. September 21, 1988).
Race / Ethnicity
Sissy Spacek is of Moravian/Czech and German descent on her father’s side and has English roots on her mother’s side.
- Freckled face
- Sweet southern accent
Sissy Spacek Facts
- Her surname is pronounced as “SH:pah-chek”.
- It was her brothers who nicknamed her “Sissy” as they were all growing up.
- Sissy Spacek was greatly affected by the passing of her older brother Robbie in 1967 and has described the event as “the defining event of my whole life”. She has also said that it made her fearless as an actor: “I think it made me brave. Once you experience something like that, you’ve experienced the ultimate tragedy. And if you can continue, nothing else frightens you. That’s what I meant about it being rocket fuel—I was fearless in a way. Maybe it gave more depth to my work because I had already experienced something profound and life-changing.”
- She released her debut album Hangin’ Up My Heart in 1983 and it consists of songs like Have I Told You Lately That I Love You?, This Time I’m Gonna Beat You to the Truck, If I Can Just Get Through The Night, Hangin’ Up My Heart, Lonely but Only for You, Smooth Talkin’ Daddy, He Don’t Know Me, and If You Could Only See Me Now. The album peaked at number #17 on the U.S. Billboard Top Country Albums chart.
- In March 2001, Sissy Spacek was inducted into the Texas Film Hall of Fame in Austin, Texas.
- On August 1, 2011, she was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6834 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.
Featured Image by David Shankbone / Flickr / CC BY 2.0