|Selma Blair Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||June 23, 1972|
Selma Blair is an American actress, theatre artist, producer, and voiceover artist who has gained acclaim with her work in a number of shows and movies such as Feast of Love, Mom and Dad, In Their Skin, The Fog, Mothers and Daughters, The Poker House, Ordinary World, A Guy Thing, After, Kath & Kim, A Dirty Shame, Storytelling, Dark Horse, WΔZ, Cruel Intentions, Hellboy, Hellboy II: The Golden Army, The Sweetest Thing, Anger Management, The People v. O. J. Simpson: American Crime Story, Another Life, Lost in Space, and Zoe, Duncan, Jack and Jane. In the year 2000, she won the Young Hollywood Award for “Exciting New Face – Female” and received the Universal Smile Award at the 2015 Operation Smile.
Selma Blair Beitner
Southfield, Michigan, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Selma went to Hillel Day School in Farmington Hills, Michigan. She subsequently took admission into Cranbrook Kingswood in Bloomfield Hills.
Then, she studied photography at Kalamazoo College in Kalamazoo, Michigan.
Selma was enrolled in New York University for further studies and simultaneously, she was taking acting classes at Stella Adler Conservatory. She also learned acting from the Column Theatre and the Stonestreet Screen Acting Workshop.
Finally, she returned back to her city Michigan to complete her education and graduated magna cum laude from the University of Michigan in 1994.
Actress (Film, TV, and Theater), Producer, Voiceover Artist
- Father – Elliot I. Beitner (Attorney, Labor Arbitrator) (Died in 2012 at the age of 82)
- Mother – Molly Ann (née Cooke) Beitner (Judge)
- Siblings – Katherine Beitner (Older Sister), Marie Beitner (Older Sister), Elizabeth Beitner (Older Sister)
- Others – Abraham Beitner (Paternal Grandfather), Esther Yachnitz (Paternal Grandmother), James H. Cooke/Cook (Maternal Grandfather), Lillian Frances Minor (Maternal Grandmother)
She has been signed with The Gersh Agency, Inc., Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
52 kg or 115 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Selma Blair has dated –
- Jason Schwartzman (2001) – The two actors Jason Schwartzman and Selma dated briefly in 2001 when both of their careers were starting to take off.
- Ahmet Zappa (2002-2006) – In 2002, she commenced dating musician, writer, and music producer Ahmet Zappa. After dating for a year, the couple got engaged in October 2003. The couple got married on January 24, 2004. However, the couple split just after more than two years of successful married life and Selma filed for divorce on June 21, 2006, which was finalized in December 2006. They are still good friends.
- Johnny Messner (2006-2008) – The Sweetest Thing co-stars Johnny Messner and Selma were romantically linked to each other from 2006 to 2008.
- Mikey Day (2008-2009) – This time Selma started dating her Kath & Kim co-star, Mikey Day in December 2008. Their on-screen romance was brought to off-screen as well in late 2008. They continued dating each other until late 2009.
- Josh Groban (2010) – In July 2010, Selma was seen with 9 years her junior, musician Josh Groban. They were pictured at The Grove in Los Angeles going for a movie date.
- Jason Bleick (2010-2012) – In 2010, Blair was a romancing fashion designer, Jason Bleick after they worked on EVER fashion line. Soon, she was pregnant with her first child. Selma gave birth to their son Arthur Saint Bleick on July 25, 2011. Next year, in September 2012, the couple called it quits.
- Ron Carlson (2015-Present) – In February 2015, filmmaker Ron Carlson and Selma were first linked together. They split after dating for some time. They again made the news in October 2018 when they were seen kissing at the Studio City Farmers Market.
- David Foster (2016) – In March 2016, Selma sparked dating rumors after she was spotted with Canadian musician David Foster on a dinner date.
Race / Ethnicity
Selma Blair is of Ashkenazi Jewish, Scottish, and English descent.
Thin body frame
33-23-33 in or 84-58.5-84 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU)
7 (US) or 4.5 (UK) or 37.5 (EU)
She narrated the London Olympics 2012 ads and Xfinity ads in 2012.
She has also been seen in several print ads such as Chanel (2005), Skin cancer campaign (2006).
Best Known For
Playing Liz Sherman in the supernatural superhero film series Hellboy.
She appeared in the 1996 film The Broccoli Theory for her role as Pretzel Cart Lesbian.
First TV Show
In 1995, Selma guest appeared in the Nickelodeon children’s series The Adventures of Pete & Pete for her role as Penelope Ghiruto in an episode entitled “Das Bus.”
She has worked with numerous trainers such as celebrity trainer, Bob Harper.
You can check a workout plan devised by him for his followers.
Selma Blair Favorite Things
- Beauty Product – Egyptian Magic
- On-Screen Kiss – with Sarah Michelle Gellar
Selma Blair Facts
- Selma started her career in 1995.
- Selma’s Hebrew name is Bat-Sheva.
- She has a dog named, Ducky. She had another dog, having one eye named, Wink until February 2011 (died at that time).
- She lost her childhood sweetheart in an accident in 1990 (at the age of 18).
- Selma is best friends with actress Reese Witherspoon.
- After watching the 1975 film Jaws, she developed a fear of water and sharks.
- Her first-ever audition was for a cereal commercial in mid-1990.
- She has done smoking for about 20 years.
- When she was 23, her parents got divorced.
- When she was studying in her freshman year, she wanted to become a horse trainer and ballerina.
- She enjoys doing horseback riding and ice skating.
- She provided vocals to the character of Liz Sherman in the 2008 video game Hellboy: The Science of Evil.
- In high school, she used to go by the name “Blair” most of the time as she hated her first name.
- She narrated The Diary of a Young Girl: The Definitive Edition in 2010 and for this, she received a 2011 Grammy Award nomination in the “Best Spoken Word Album for Children” category.
- Her acting career has been influenced by Judy Davis, Sissy Spacek, Julie Hagerty.
- She deleted her Twitter account in July 2018 to support James Gunn.
- Her role of Carol Young played by her in the films After (2019) and After We Collided (2020) didn’t get renewed further and it was handed over to Mira Sorvino.
- At the 2020 MTV Movie & TV Awards: Greatest of All Time, she won the “Legendary Lip Lock” award along with Sarah Michelle Gellar for their iconic kiss in the 1999 drama film, Cruel Intentions.
- As a theatre artist, she has been a part of productions like The Little Theatre of The Green Goose and Gruesome Playground Injuries.