Los Angeles, California, United States
After the completion of her school education, Roxanne Mckee got enrolled at the Royal Holloway, University of London. She graduated from the university with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Social Policy & Political Studies.
- Siblings – She has a brother.
Roxanne Mckee is represented by –
- London-based Curtis Brown Group Ltd. (Talent Agency)
- Los Angeles-based Insight Entertainment (Talent Management Company)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Roxanne Mckee has dated –
- Gary Sewell – Roxanne has previously dated entrepreneur Gary Sewell. As Roxanne prefers to keep her dating life away from the public domain, not much is known about the start of their relationship. Even, while they were dating, they rarely made public appearances as a couple. In fact, Sewell was never seen with her on the red carpet. In May 2009, they made their rare public appearance while holidaying in Marbella. They reportedly decided to end their relationship in 2012. The separation was reported to be amicable as they remained on good terms.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Irish ancestry.
Dark Brown (Natural)
She often tends to dye her hair ‘blonde’.
- Long legs
- High cheekbones
- Blue eyes
Roxanne Mckee has appeared in a TV commercial for Smirnoff Iced Cake and Kissed Caramel.
In 2009, she was also made the face of Clothes Show Live.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Louise Summers in the iconic British soap opera, Hollyoaks.
- Having played the role of Doreah in the popular fantasy drama TV series, Game of Thrones.
- Being cast in the female lead role in popular movies such as Vendetta, The Legend of Hercules, and Ironclad: Battle for Blood.
In 2010, she made her theatrical film debut in a supporting role in the British horror movie, F.
First TV Show
In 2005, Roxanne Mckee made her first TV show appearance in the long-running soap opera, Hollyoaks.
Roxanne relies on Pilates to keep herself in the right shape. When she is London, she heads to the Bootcamp Pilates for her workouts. She has also added yoga to her workout regime. For her regular workouts, she has hired Georgie Okell as her personal trainer.
She doesn’t mind switching her workout regime around to help her prepare for a particular role. For example, for her role in Dominion, she focused on building her stamina. While shooting in Cape Town, she used to wake up at 4:30 in the morning and go for a three and a half hours hike on Table Mountain. She used to incorporate a bit of running in her hike as well. She also had to do a lot of shooting practice.
Roxanne Mckee Favorite Things
- Snack – Chocolate Bar
- Dream Role – Lizzie Bennett in Pride and Prejudice
Source – Mirror, Crave Online
Roxanne Mckee Facts
- She was discovered as a part of the talent hunt Hollyoaks On the Pull, which was launched by Channel 4 to discover a fresh talent for the popular TV show. She had to overcome competition from more than 35,000 applicants to win the talent hunt.
- Roxanne had an interest in acting from a very young age but she decided to continue her studies so that she would always have a backup option to fall on to in case she couldn’t find a break in acting.
- For her role in Hollyoaks, she was selected as the Sexiest Female at the British Soap Awards in 2007.
- Her role of Doreah in Game of Thrones was only supposed to be a guest character in the 1st season. Based on the positive reaction, her character was written into the script of the 2nd season as well.
- Before her acting career took off, she did a variety of jobs including working as a recruitment consultant and a waitress.
- When she initially started her acting career, her parents were shocked but they eventually came around after they realized that it was a solid job.
- Follow her on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Roxanne Mckee / Instagram