|Ricky Gervais Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||June 25, 1961|
Ricky Gervais is an English comedian, actor, writer, producer, and director who is best known for creating/writing/directing/acting in popular TV shows such as The Office (2001-2003), Extras (2005-2007), The Ricky Gervais Show (2010-2012), Derek (2012-2014), and After Life (2019-Present). Besides his work on TV and his global comedy tours, he has acted in several films including Night at the Museum (2006), The Invention of Lying (2009), The Muppets (2011), and David Brent: Life on the Road (2016). He is also well recognized for his irreverent hosting of the Golden Globe Awards in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016, and 2020. As of December 2020, for his work, he had won 7 BAFTA Awards, 3 Golden Globe Awards, and 2 Primetime Emmy Awards.
Ricky Dene Gervais
Battle Hospital, Reading, Berkshire, England, United Kingdom
He splits his time between Hampstead, London, England, United Kingdom, and Marlow, Buckinghamshire, England, United Kingdom.
Ricky had attended the Whitley Park Infants and Junior Schools (now known as Whitley Park Primary and Nursery School) in Reading, England, and then the Ashmead Comprehensive School in Aylesbury, England.
After his high school graduation, he had taken a gap year before joining the University College London (UCL) in 1980. He had graduated from there with an upper second-class honors degree in philosophy in 1983.
Comedian, Actor, Writer, Producer, Director
- Father – Lawrence Raymond ‘Jerry’ Gervais (Laborer, Hod Carrier) (d. 2002)
- Mother – Eva Sophia Gervais (née House) (d. 2000)
- Siblings – Larry Gervais (Older Brother), Marsha Gervais (Older Sister), Robert Gervais (Older Brother)
- Others – Adélard Gervais (Paternal Grandfather), Florence-Irene Desloges (Paternal Grandmother), Frank Leonard House (Maternal Grandfather), Eva Kate Hawkins (Maternal Grandmother)
Black Comedy, Cringe Comedy, Observational Comedy, Satire, Insult Comedy, Musical Comedy
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ricky has dated –
- Jane Fallon (1982–Present) – Ricky had first met British author Jane Fallon in 1982 when he was studying at University College London (UCL). They began dating soon after and have been in a long-term relationship since then.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English descent on his mother’s side and French-Canadian, distant English, and Iroquois First Nations descent on his father’s side.
- Mildly stocky frame
- Short-cropped hair
- Sports a rugged beard
- Cheerful smile
- Dark sense of humor
- High-pitched laugh
Ricky Gervais Facts
- Ricky’s father had emigrated from Canada to the United Kingdom during the Second World War. He had met Ricky’s mother during a blackout at the time of the war. They had eventually settled down in Whitley, a suburb of Reading.
- After his high school graduation, he had taken a gap year in which he had worked as a gardener at the University of Reading.
- He had had a keen interest in insects, plants, and natural phenomena in general, since his childhood. Consequently, he had intended to study biology at University College London (UCL). However, 2 weeks after his enrollment, he had changed his mind and taken up philosophy.
- In the 1980s, he had attempted a career in the music industry, first as a singer of the new wave group Seona Dancing and then as the manager of the band Suede.
- In 2021, Ricky was ranked #28 in the list of “50 Most Influential People on Twitter” as per Brandwatch Consumer Research. Taylor Swift was ranked #1.
Featured Image by Ricky Gervais / Instagram