|Thomas Rhett Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||March 30, 1990|
|Spouse||Lauren ‘Gregory’ Akins|
Thomas Rhett is an American country-pop singer known for his hit singles like It Goes Like This, Get Me Some of That, Make Me Wanna, Die a Happy Man, and Life Changes. He has won numerous awards for his superior singing skills like Country Music Association Award, Billboard Music Award, and iHeartRadio Music Award, among others. He has earned more than 4 million followers on Instagram and more than 3 million followers on Twitter. Thomas also has a self-titled YouTube channel with more than 1 million subscribers.
Thomas Rhett Akins Jr.
Valdosta, Georgia, United States
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Thomas Rhett studied communications at the Lipscomb University in Nashville, Tennessee, but dropped out to pursue his music career.
- Father – Rhett Akins (Singer)
- Mother – Paige Braswell
- Siblings – Tyler Lankford (Brother), Kasey Lee Akins (Sister)
- Others – Lisa A Gregory (Mother-In-Law), Thomas Dempsey Akins, Jr. (Paternal Grandfather), Pamela “Pam” Marie LaHood (Paternal Grandmother)
Thomas Rhett is managed by William Morris Endeavor Entertainment LLC, in Beverly Hills, California, United States.
Country, Country Rock, Country Pop, R&B
Vocals, Guitar, Drums
Valory Music Group
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Thomas Rhett has dated –
- Lauren ‘Gregory’ Akins – In 2011, Thomas rekindled his high school relationship with nurse and childhood friend, Lauren Gregory. Thomas and Lauren attended the same school in the 2nd grade. They had a brief relationship during their teens, which did not work out. They broke up, dated other people, and almost got engaged to someone else. It was in 2011 when Thomas was invited to attend Lauren’s sister’s graduation party that her father almost threateningly told Thomas to reveal his feelings for Lauren. Thomas did and after that the pair dated for 5 months before tying the knot on October 12, 2012. On May 12, 2017, they adopted a baby girl from Uganda, Willa Gray Akins (b. November 1, 2015). They also have 2 biological daughters named Ada James Akins (b. August 12, 2017) and Lennon Love Akins (b. February 10, 2020). In May 2021, the couple announced that they were expecting their 4th daughter together. On November 15, 2021, they welcomed a baby girl named Lillie Carolina Akins. Lillie weighed 7.5 lbs at the time of her birth.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Middle Eastern)
He has German, Swiss-German, English, Irish, Scottish, and 1/8 Syrian-Lebanese ancestry.
- Dimpled smile
- Tends to keep long spiky hair
Thomas Rhett has done endorsement work for brands like –
He has also been featured in Zaxby’s commercial with country singer Brett Eldredge in 2015.
Best Known For
- The success of his songs including It Goes Like This, Get Me Some of That, Make Me Wanna, Die a Happy Man, Star of the Show, Unforgettable, Marry Me, and Life Changes
- Winning numerous awards including “Top 50 Songs” in BMI Country Awards (2015) for the song Make Me Wanna, “Song of the Year” in Country Music Association Awards (2016) for the song Die a Happy Man, “Top Country Song” in Billboard Music Awards (2016) for Die a Happy Man, iHeartRadio Music Awards (2017 & 2018) for “Country Artist of the Year”, and many more
On October 29, 2013, he released his first studio album titled It Goes Like This with Valory Music Group. The album consisted of 12 original tracks.
First TV Show
In 2012, he made his first TV show appearance on the talk show Big Morning Buzz Live.
Thomas Rhett follows the high-intensity training program to stay in form. Previously, he partnered with Snap Fitness gym to promote fitness pointing out that anyone can work out any time of the day, as the gym operates 24 hours. Thomas Rhett’s workout routine is as following –
- Movement Prep (12 minutes) – He starts the workout with a series of stretch exercises.
- Workout (35 minutes) – The main workout consists of two types namely- 1) Hip Exercises – Using Power Bands, he performs a series of adduction, abduction, flexibility, and extension exercises. 2) Weight Exercises – Then using some weights, bars, and suspensions, he does 3 circuits of kettlebell swings, barbell deadlift, burpee pull-ups, TRX muscle up, and farmer’s walk.
- Regeneration (8 minutes) – For recovery, he does quick static stretches and foam rolling exercises.
As for his diet, he follows a semi-strict balanced diet.
Thomas Rhett Favorite Things
- Restaurant – Zaxby’s
Source – PopCulture.com
Thomas Rhett Facts
- While in high school, he was a part of a band called The High Heeled Flip Flops.
- In his early days, he played drums for his father’s band.
- He has written songs for other artists like Jason Aldean, Lee Brice, Florida Georgia Line, LoCash, and Michael Ray, among others.
- He often writes songs about his personal life like Die A Happy Man, Marry Me, and Life Changes featuring his wife Lauren in the music videos.
- The 3 artists outside of country music who have influenced him are Adele, Justin Timberlake, and Frank Sinatra.
- He loves playing golf.
- He supports charities like 147 Million Orphans, Love One International, St. Jude, and Feeding America, among others.
- At the 2021 ACM Awards, Thomas was awarded the ‘Male Artist of the Year’.
Featured Image by Thomas Rhett / Instagram