Kirshnick Khari Ball
Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Takeoff’s information about his formal education isn’t available.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – is a hairdresser.
- Siblings – Unknown
- Others – Quavious Keyate Marshall aka Quavo (Uncle) (Rapper and member of hip-hop group, Migos), Lilian Janet Bird (Great Aunt) (Quavo’s Mother), Kiari aka Offset (Uncle) (Rapper and member of hip hop group, Migos)
His hip hop group Migos is managed by Coach K.
They are also represented by FPA Agency.
Hip hop, trap
Quality Control Music, Atlantic Records, 1017 Brick Squad
5 ft 9½ in or 177 cm (Approx)
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Takeoff has dated
- Katy Perry (2017) – Takeoff was going out with pop singer Katy Perry in May 2017. It was claimed that Takeoff and Perry had attended Saturday Night Live after party together as a couple. The sources alleged that they had hit it off while his rap group was collaborating for her single, Bon Appetit. They started dating shortly after working on the single.
- London Dallaz – Takeoff reportedly had a fling with stripper London Dallaz in June 2017. The news of his alleged fling found space in leading tabloids because Dallaz had clicked his pictures while he was sleeping in bed with her. Some sources in the media even claimed that London is a transgender. The claim, however, can’t be verified.
- DreamDoll (2019)
Race / Ethnicity
- Dreadlocks hairdo
- Loves wearing gold jewelry
Takeoff’s music group has done endorsement work for –
- Beats by Dre
- Avianne Jewelers
- Champs Sports
He is a devout Christian and is a firm believer in God.
Best Known For
Being a member of the popular hip-hop group, Migos. This Atlanta based group found fame with the popularity of their music album, Culture, which debuted at the 1st position on Billboard 200 chart.
In July 2015, his hip-hop group Migos released their debut studio album, Yung Rich Nation, which managed to reach #3 on the Top Rap Albums chart in U.S.
In 2015, Takeoff appeared in a documentary Fresh Dressed.
First TV Show
In 2016, rapper Takeoff made his first TV show appearance as himself in Go for Broke episode of comedy-drama series, Atlanta.
- In March 2014, his rap group Migos’ van was shot on the highway in Miami while they were returning from a performance. However, no one from their entourage was injured.
- Takeoff along with Migos entourage was arrested in April 2015 at the Georgia Southern University. They were charged with marijuana and controlled substance possession and carrying firearms in school safety zone.
- He was drawn to music from a very young age and he started rapping by the time, he was in 7th grade. He also used to perform in school and local events.
- In 2009, his uncle Quavious Keyate Marshall, and Kiari Kendrell Cephus asked him to join the rap group which they were putting together. They were very impressed with his raw ability.
- Even after joining the rap group, Takeoff didn’t take music seriously. Quavo and Offset had to sit him down and explain that he was wasting away his talent.
- His music group Migos was known by the name of Polo Club till 2010.
- Takeoff and his Migos band members are infamous for carrying leather backpacks stuffed with dollars wherever they go. They also carry Jesus piece chains.
- Takeoff has been criticized for his homophobic leanings in the past. It has been alleged that his rap group refused to perform at Katy Perry event because she had hired drag queens to perform alongside them.
- In July 2017, he was ordered to leave a flight while traveling from Atlanta to Des Moines, Iowa. He had refused to transfer his bag from floor to overhead storage bin before the flight takeoff.
- In their early struggling days, Takeoff and his bandmates used to offer small payments and free drinks to DJs to get them play their music in the clubs.
- His music group started trending when Drake decided to remix their popular single, Versace. Drake decided to include the single in his new music album.
- Follow him on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image via The Come Up Show / Flickr / CC BY 2.0