|Takeoff Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9½ in|
|Date of Birth||June 18, 1994|
|Date of Death
||November 1, 2022|
Takeoff was an American rapper, singer, and songwriter who was best known as a member of the hip hop trio Migos, along with his uncle Quavo and first cousin once removed Offset. Formed in 2008, the group has released albums, tracks, extended plays, and mixtapes such as Yung Rich Nation, Culture, Culture II, Culture III, 3 Way, No Label, No Label 2, Rich Nigga Timeline, Back to the Bando, Hannah Montana, Versace, Handsome and Wealthy, Fight Night, Look at My Dab, One Time, Bad and Boujee (ft. Lil Uzi Vert), Say Sum, Slippery (ft. Gucci Mane), MotorSport (with Nicki Minaj and Cardi B), Narcos, Walk It Talk It (featuring Drake), Stir Fry, Pure Water (with DJ Mustard), Taco Tuesday, Straightenin, Give No Fxk (ft. Travis Scott and Young Thug), Need It (ft. YoungBoy Never Broke Again), and Racks 2 Skinny. Moreover, Takeoff had also worked as a solo artist and released his debut studio album titled The Last Rocket on November 2, 2018, via Capitol Records, Motown Records, and Quality Control Music.
Kirshnik Khari Ball
Takeoff was born on June 18, 1994.
Takeoff died on November 1, 2022, at the age of 28 in Houston, Texas, U.S. due to a gunshot wound.
Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Rapper, Singer, Songwriter
- Mother – was a hairdresser
- Others – Quavious Keyate Marshall aka Quavo (Uncle) (Rapper and member of the hip-hop group, Migos), Lilian Janet Bird (Great Aunt) (Quavo’s Mother), Kiari aka Offset (Uncle) (Rapper and member of the hip-hop group, Migos)
His hip-hop group Migos was managed by Coach K.
They had also been represented by FPA Agency.
Hip hop, trap
Quality Control Music, Atlantic Records, 1017 Brick Squad, Motown Records, Capitol
His net worth had been $26 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 9½ in or 177 cm (Approx)
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Takeoff had dated –
- Katy Perry (2017) – Takeoff was going out with pop singer Katy Perry in May 2017. It was claimed that Takeoff and Perry had attended the Saturday Night Live after-party together as a couple. The sources alleged that they had hit it off while his rap group was collaborating for her single, Bon Appetit. They started dating shortly after working on the single.
- London Dallaz – Takeoff reportedly had a fling with stripper London Dallaz in June 2017. The news of his alleged fling found space in leading tabloids because Dallaz had clicked his pictures while he was sleeping in bed with her. Some sources in the media even claimed that London was transgender.
- DreamDoll (2018) – He had a short-termed rumored affair with reality television personality DreamDoll in the year 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
- Had Dreadlock hairdo
- Loved wearing gold jewelry
Takeoff’s music group had done endorsement work for –
- Beats by Dre
- Avianne Jewelers
- Champs Sports
He was a devout Christian and a firm believer in God.
Best Known For
Being a former member of the popular hip-hop group, Migos. This Atlanta-based group found fame with the popularity of their music album, Culture, which debuted at the 1st position on the Billboard 200 chart.
In July 2015, his hip-hop group Migos released their debut studio album, Yung Rich Nation, which managed to reach #3 on the Top Rap Albums chart in the U.S.
As a solo artist, he released his debut album The Last Rocket on November 2, 2018, and it included songs like She Gon Wink, Casper, Vacation, None to Me, Last Memory, Soul Plane, Lead the Wave, and Infatuation. The album peaked at number #2 on the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) chart and at number #4 on the US Billboard 200 chart.
In 2015, Takeoff appeared in the documentary Fresh Dressed.
First TV Show
In 2016, rapper Takeoff made his first TV show appearance as himself in the Go for Broke episode of the comedy-drama series, Atlanta.
- In March 2014, his rap group Migos’ van was shot on the highway in Miami while they were returning from a performance. However, no one from their entourage was injured.
- Takeoff along with Migos entourage was arrested in April 2015 at the Georgia Southern University. They were charged with marijuana and controlled substance possession and carrying firearms in the school safety zone.
- He was drawn to music from a very young age and he started rapping by the time, he was in 7th grade. He also used to perform in school and local events.
- In 2009, his uncle Quavious Keyate Marshall, and Kiari Kendrell Cephus asked him to join the rap group which they were putting together. They were very impressed with his raw ability.
- Even after joining the rap group, Takeoff didn’t take music seriously. Quavo and Offset had to sit him down and explain that he was wasting away his talent.
- His music group Migos was known by the name of Polo Club till 2010.
- Takeoff and his Migos band members were infamous for carrying leather backpacks stuffed with dollars wherever they went. They also carried Jesus piece chains.
- Takeoff had been criticized for his homophobic leanings in the past. It had been alleged that his rap group refused to perform at the Katy Perry event because she had hired drag queens to perform alongside them.
- In July 2017, he was ordered to leave a flight while traveling from Atlanta to Des Moines, Iowa. He had refused to transfer his bag from the floor to the overhead storage bin before the flight takeoff.
- In their early struggling days, Takeoff and his bandmates used to offer small payments and free drinks to DJs to get them to play their music in the clubs.
- His music group started trending when Drake decided to remix their popular single, Versace. Drake decided to include the single in his new music album.
- On November 1, 2022, Takeoff was shot dead at a bowling alley where he was playing dice with his uncle and bandmate, Quavo. In December 2022, 2 suspects were arrested in relation to the shooting that killed Takeoff. One of the suspects was named Patrick Xavier Clark and he was charged with murder and the other suspect was Cameron Joshua, who faced charges for unlawful carrying of a weapon.
Featured Image via The Come Up Show / Flickr / CC BY 2.0