|Julia Fox Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||February 2, 1990|
Julia Fox is an American actress and filmmaker who came into the limelight after the release of the 2019 crime thriller movie Uncut Gems, her debut feature film. For her portrayal of Julia De Flore in the film, she was nominated for the ‘Breakthrough Performance’ award by the Columbus Film Critics Association, the Chicago Film Critics Association, and the Georgia Film Critics Association. She is also well recognized for writing and directing the short film Fantasy Girls, which revolves around the lives of a group of teenage girls who live in Reno, Nevada, and are involved in s*x work.
Milan, Lombardy, Italy
New York City, New York, United States
Julia had attended the City-As-School High School in Manhattan, New York City.
- Siblings – She has a younger brother and an older brother.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Julia has dated –
- Peter Artemiev (2018–Present) – Julia had married private pilot Peter Artemiev in November 2018. In February 2021, Julia revealed that she had given birth to a son on January 17, 2021, after secretly being pregnant during the pandemic.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Italian descent on her mother’s side and American descent on her father’s side.
She often tends to dye her hair blonde or light brown.
- Curvaceous figure
- Shoulder-length, straight hair
- Plump lips
- Gleaming face
- Cryptic smile
- Has the word ‘Sancti’ (meaning Holy) tattooed on her right shoulder and the word ‘Spiritus’ (meaning Spirit) tattooed on her left shoulder
Julia Fox Facts
- Born in Milan, Italy, Julia had grown up under the care of her grandfather. When she was 6 years old, she had emigrated to the United States with her father and older brother; while her mother and younger brother continued to stay in Italy. Her father had chosen to settle down in Yorkville, Manhattan.
- During her years of struggle, she had worked in a wide range of jobs and locations including at a shoe store, an ice cream shop, and a pastry shop. She had even worked as a dominatrix for nearly 6 months.
- She had also worked as a model and had posed for Playboy magazine in 2015, before landing short-term stints as an exhibiting painter and photographer.
- Before landing her breakthrough role of Julia De Flore in the film Uncut Gems (2019), for which she had defeated 300 other girls in the audition process, she had played The Bride in the 2018 short film titled The Great American Mud Wrestle. It was around this time that she had launched a successful women’s knitwear line called Franziska Fox, with her friend Briana Andalore.
- Interestingly, she had known the Safdie brothers, the producers of Uncut Gems, for almost a decade before she was shortlisted for a part in the film. She had met Josh Safdie through a chance encounter at a cafe in SoHo, Manhattan.
- She has also self-published 2 books on photography – Symptomatic of a Relationship Gone Sour: Heartburn/Nausea (2015) and PTSD (2016).
- In 2017, she had hosted an art exhibition in which she had displayed silk canvases that were painted with her own blood. The show was titled R.I.P. Julia Fox.
Featured Image by Julia Fox / Instagram