|Stipe Miocic Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||August 19, 1982|
|Spouse||Ryan Marie Carney|
Stipe Miocic is an American professional mixed martial artist and firefighter-paramedic who began competing in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) in 2011, in the heavyweight division. As of January 2021, he has had 2 reigns/stints as the UFC Heavyweight Champion and has defended the title 4 times.
Stone Cold, The Silencer
Euclid, Cuyahoga County, Ohio, United States
Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, Ohio, United States
Stipe had attended the Eastlake North High School, a public school in Eastlake, Ohio. He had pursued his higher education at 3 different institutions – Cleveland State University, Coker University, and Trevecca Nazarene University.
He had majored in marketing and communications at Cleveland State University and had eventually graduated from Trevecca Nazarene University, majoring in communication studies.
Professional Mixed Martial Artist, Firefighter-Paramedic
- Father – Bojan Miocic
- Mother – Kathy Miocic
- Others – Jonathan (Younger Half-Brother). He has a step-father.
He is represented by Lloyd Pierson, Business Manager and Booking Agent, VaynerSports, Talent Management Agency, Dallas, Texas, United States.
6 ft 8 in or 203 cm
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
111 kg or 244.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Stipe has dated –
- Ryan Marie Carney (2013-Present) – Stipe had started dating Ryan Marie Carney in January 2013 and the couple got married on June 18, 2016, at the Divine Word Catholic Church in Kirtland, Ohio. They have a daughter together named Meelah (b. 2018).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Croatian descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped hair
- Often sports a light stubble or a trimmed beard
- Has multiple tattoos on his back, along the spinal cord
Stipe Miocic Facts
- Stipe, his birth name, is the trimmed version of the Croatian name Stjepan.
- His parents got divorced when he was still a child. He was then brought up by his grandparents for a while before settling down with his mother, stepfather, and younger half-brother Jonathan.
- Encouraged by his mother to try different sports since childhood, he used to compete in baseball, American football, and wrestling, while he was studying at Eastlake North High School. He had even received offers from Major League Baseball (MLB) teams during his collegiate years at Cleveland State University and Trevecca Nazarene University.
- He had played Division II baseball at Coker University during his junior year of college. In his senior year, he had recorded an average of .344 with 7 home runs to help the team win the 2005 TranSouth Athletic Conference regular-season and tournament titles.
- As of January 2021, he had held the UFC record for most wins in heavyweight title fights as well as the record for the longest title defense streak in the heavyweight division (3 successive defenses).
- In parallel with his MMA career, he has worked as a part-time firefighter paramedic in Oakwood and Valley View, Ohio. He has often stated that he would become a full-time firefighter upon retirement.
- As of January 2021, he had also held the record for most fight-night bonus awards (9) in the UFC heavyweight division. This includes ‘Fight of the Night’ (3 times), ‘Performance of the Night’ (5 times), and ‘Knockout of the Night’ (Once).
Featured Image by Stipe Miocic / Instagram