|Howard Stern Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||January 12, 1954|
Howard Stern is an American radio and television personality, comedian, and author who is best known for his radio show, The Howard Stern Show, which was nationally syndicated on terrestrial radio from WXRK in New York City between 1986 and 2005. It was the highest-rated morning radio program in the New York area from 1994 to 2001 and also became the most fined show, after a total of $2.5 million in fines were issued by the Federal Communications Commission for what it deemed indecent material. Crediting himself as the “King of All Media”, Stern has also hosted and produced various late-night television shows, pay-per-view events, and home videos. Moreover, the multifaceted artist has authored books like Private Parts, Howard Stern Comes Again, and Miss America.
Howard Allan Stern
Howeird, Howchie, King of All Media, How, The Howard, Howie
Queens, New York City, New York, United States
Howard owns a house in Southampton, New York where he lives part-time. He also has a five-bedroom house on the North End of Palm Beach, Florida, United States.
As a child, Stern studied in Washington-Rose Elementary School and Roosevelt Junior-Senior High School. Simultaneously, Stern attended a Hebrew school.
At 15, he joined the South Side High School and graduated from there in 1972.
In 1972, Stern wanted to pursue a Communications degree from Boston University, but due to his average high school grades, he had to spend the first 2 years in its College of Basic Studies. During his 2nd year in college, he worked at the campus radio station WTBU, playing records, reading the news, and hosting interviews. So finally in 1974, he gained admission to the university’s School of Public Communications.
Later in 1975, he studied a diploma at the Radio Engineering Institute of Electronics in Fredericksburg, Virginia acquiring a first-class radiotelephone operator license. In May 1976, Stern graduated with a 3.8-grade point average majoring in broadcasting and film and with a minor in English and speech.
Radio and television presenter, Producer, Author, Actor, and Photographer
- Father – Benjamin Stern (Served in the U.S. Army during the war, Radio engineer, Co-owner of Aura Recording Inc. in Manhattan) (Died in 2022)
- Mother – Ray Stern (Office clerk, Inhalation therapist)
- Siblings – Ellen Stern (Older Sister)
- Others – Froim Stern (Paternal Grandfather), Anna Galler Stern (Paternal Grandmother), Sol Schiffman (Maternal Grandfather), Esther Reich Schiffman (Maternal Grandmother)
Howard has been managed by Don Buchwald & Associates N.Y., Talent and Literary Agency, New York City, New York, United States.
6 ft 5 in or 195.5 cm
92 kg or 203 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Howard Stern has dated –
- Irene (1967-1968)
- Ann Whitehead (1973) – He hooked up with Ann Whitehead in 1973.
- Alison Berns (1978-2001) – Howard met Massachusetts-based actress Alison during his days at the Boston University through a mutual friend. Their friendship grew over time and they tied the knot on June 4, 1978, at the Temple Ohabei Shalom in Brookline, Massachusetts. They had three daughters together, Emily Beth (born in 1983), Debra Jennifer (born in 1986), and Ashley Jade (born in 1993). In October 1999, they started living separately owing to Howard’s workaholic lifestyle. Finally, in 2001, they divorced with an amicable settlement.
- Angie Everhart (1998-2000) – During his separation period from his then-wife, Howard briefly dated Ohio-based actress and former model Angie around 1998 and 2000.
- Amy Lynn Baxter (1999) – He had a fling with actress, model, and exotic dancer Amy Lynn Baxter in December 1999.
- Robin Givens (2000) – Howard reportedly had a fling with American actress and model Robin Givens in 2000.
- Kylie Bax (2000) – In the year 2000, he had an encounter with the New Zealand-born model and actress Kylie Bax.
- Beth Ostrosky (2000-Present) – Howard started dating Beth in 2000. Beth is an American actress, model, author, and animal-rights activist. After 7 years of dating, Howard announced on his show his engagement to Beth on February 14, 2007. Then on October 3, 2008, they tied the knot at Le Cirque restaurant in New York City.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry.
- Curly messy hair
- Towering height
- Prominent jawline
As a radio and TV presenter, Howard has voiced and has been featured in adverts for –
- Howard Stern Don Imus WNBC
Best Known For
- His radio show, The Howard Stern Show, which features famous personalities, hot topics, and the news was fully meant for entertainment. The show was first aired in 1979.
- Being a judge at America’s Got Talent from 2012 to 2015, an American reality TV show. The show is a franchise of the global Got Talent and is produced by the NBC television network.
- His book Private Parts released on October 7, 1993, by Simon & Schuster became the fastest-selling book for the publisher.
Howard made his theatrical film debut in the 1986 detective comedy Ryder P.I. playing the character of TV presenter Ben Wah. The film was directed by Chuck Walker and Karl Hosch.
First TV Show
In 1981, Howard made his television show debut on Petey Greene’s Washington.
Howard’s personal workout schedules are not available, but he turned pescetarian in 2012 as part of his commitment to animal welfare.
On maintaining a diet, he advised on The Howard Stern Show to find a mentor who understands nutrition and stick with a health strategy that one can enjoy too.
Howard Stern’s Favorite Things
- Superhero – Superman
- Movie – Reservoir Dogs
- TV Shows – Walking Dead, Girls, The Affair, The Strain, The Leftovers, House of Cards, and Saturday Night Live
- A Character On TV – Bar Mitzvah Boy
- Artists – Edward Hopper, John Sell Cotman, and Drew Friedman
- Books – The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron, Getting Things Done by David Allen, The Creative Habit by Twyla Tharp, The Journey is the Destination: The Journals of Dan Eldon, Cabinet of Curiosities: My Notebooks, Collections, and Other Obsession by Guillermo del Toro
- Band Of The 90s – Trent Reznor and Nine Inch Nails
Source – Flickchart, HowardStern.com
Howard Stern’s Facts
- Howard’s Hebrew name is Tzvi.
- He took piano lessons for 5 years.
- He used to entertain his friends with marionettes show.
- During his school days, he formed a band called Electric Comicbook with two of his friends.
- Howard considers his experience at the Camp Wel-Met, a youth camp in Narrowsburg, New York as “the greatest experience”. He went there every summer from the age of 9 to his 2nd year at the university.
- Howard supports North Shore Animal League America and works towards raising funds for it.
- He has a brown belt in Japanese Shotokan Karate.
- Howard credits the Transcendental Meditation technique for helping him quit smoking, achieving his goals in radio, and beating obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- In 1990, he had undergone Liposuction and Rhinoplasty under his chin.
- In 2012, he was inducted into The National Radio Hall of Fame.
- Forbes placed Howard as the world’s highest-paid media personality in 2015.
- On March 22, 1994, Howard announced on his show that he was going to run against Mario Cuomo for the candidacy of the Governor of New York under the Libertarian Party ticket.
- Alongside Robin Quivers and Mary McCormack, he co-starred in the 1997 biographical comedy film, Private Parts. This performance won him the Blockbuster Entertainment Award for “Favorite Male Newcomer” in 1998 while he was also nominated for Golden Satellite Award for “Best Male Actor Performance in a Comedy or Musical”.
- With $90 million in total earnings, Howard was the 8th highest-paid celebrity of 2020 as per Forbes.
Featured Image by Bill Norton / Flickr / CC BY-2.0