|Robin Givens Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||November 27, 1964|
Robin Givens is a talented actress and model. She is known for her roles in Riverdale, Head of the Class, Ambitions, 90210, Twisted, Sparks, Tyler Perry’s House of Payne, Chuck, Foreign Student, Dangerous Intentions, Good Night To Die, Restraining Order, and Airplane Vs Volcano. She has one book credit to her name, Grace Will Lead Me Home. Robin was seen in Toni Braxton’s music video, He Wasn’t Man Enough. She is an alumna of Sarah Lawrence College in New York. She has a huge social media fan base with more than 500k followers on Instagram.
Robin Simone Givens
New York City, New York, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Robin Givens attended New Rochelle Academy. Later at the age of 15, she joined Sarah Lawrence College in New York and graduated in 1984.
- Father – Reuben Givens
- Mother – Ruth Roper
- Siblings – Stephanie Givens (Sister)
- Others – Grace Turner (Maternal Grandmother)
Robin Givens is managed by Marshak/Mills, Artist Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Robin Givens has dated –
- Mike Tyson (1987-1989) – In 1987, Robin began dating boxer, Mike Tyson. The couple soon tied the knot on February 7, 1988. Robin stated that she had a miscarriage with their daughter the same year in May 1988. However, the couple’s marriage was short-lived, and they separated on February 14, 1989.
- Brad Pitt – Robin was rumored to have been in a relationship with actor Brad Pitt while she was still married to Mike Tyson. However, Robin denied the allegations stating that “nothing, ever, happened” between them.
- Svetozar Marinkovic (1997-1998) – In 1997, Robin started a relationship with tennis coach Svetozar Marinkovic. The pair even got married on August 22, 1997. However their marriage lasted just a year and they divorced on September 23, 1998.
- Murphy Jensen (1999–2002) – In 1999, Robin had a relationship with former professional tennis player Murphy Jensen. The couple has a son William Givens Jensen (b. October 1999) together. The couple separated in 2002.
- Howard Stern (2000) – Robin has a brief relationship with radio and TV personality Howard Stern in 2000. After being quizzed by Andy Cohen about her relationship with Howard on Watch What Happens Live on Sunday Night, Robin described Howard as a “magnificent lover”.
Robin Givens also has an adopted son named Michael Givens (b. 1992).
Race / Ethnicity
She has African-American ancestry.
- Dimpled smile
- Toned legs
Robin Givens has either endorsed or promoted brands like –
- Roberto Rodriguez
- Jlhani Jewelry
- Celia Kritharioti
- Sam Edelman
She was raised a Catholic.
Best Known For
Her numerous roles in TV series like Riverdale as Sierra McCoy, Head of the Class (1986-1991) as Darlene Merriman, Sparks (1996-1998) as Wilma Cuthbert, Tyler Perry’s House of Payne (2008) as Tanya, and Chuck (2011) as Jane Bentley
In 1978, she made her theatrical film debut in the adventure fantasy film The Wiz as one of the Guests at Aunt Emma’s Party. However, she was uncredited for her appearance.
In 1991, she formally made her theatrical film debut in the comedy film A Rage in Harlem as Imabelle.
First TV Show
In 1985, she made her first TV show appearance on the comedy series The Cosby Show as Susanne.
Robin Givens Favorite Things
- Acting Mentor/Best Friend – Howard Hesseman
Source – IMDb
Robin Givens Facts
- Her parents divorced when she just 2 years old, and her mother raised her and her sister.
- She lost her sister Stephanie due to an aggressive form of breast cancer in 2014.
- John Willis’ Screen World, Vol. 43 included her in their list of 12 “Promising New Actors of 1991”.
- In 1995, she was ranked #88 in the “100 Sexiest Stars in Film History” list composed by Empire magazine.
- On January 28, 2004, she critically injured an 89-year older woman while driving her SUV in Miami. The case was resolved after a lawsuit for an undisclosed amount was paid to the injured woman.
- She studied together with Holly Robinson Peete at Sarah Lawrence College.
- She had suffered from depression.
- On June 5, 2007, she released a book titled Grace Will Lead Me Home.
- In 2000, she appeared in Toni Braxton’s music video, He Wasn’t Man Enough.
- She is an avid activist for the organization Black & Positively Golden.
- Robin is also the spokesperson for National Domestic Violence Hotline.
- In 1994, she did a n*de photo shoot for Playboy magazine.
- Follow her on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Robin Givens / Instagram