Toni Michelle Braxton
Severn, Maryland, U.S.
Toni got a teaching degree from Bowie State University.
She also went to Glen Burnie High School.
Singer, Songwriter, Actress, Record Producer and Television Personality
- Father – Michael Conrad Braxton Sr. (Methodist, Clergyman and Power Company Worker)
- Mother – Evelyn Jackson (Former Opera Singer and Cosmetologist)
- Siblings – Michael Jr. (Younger Brother) (b. 1968), Traci (Younger Sister) (b. 1971), Towanda (Younger Sister) (b. 1973), Trina (Younger Sister) (b. 1974), Tamar (Younger Sister) (b. 1977)
She is repped by –
- International Creative Management
- LINK Entertainment
R&B, Soul, Pop
Vocals and Piano
- Blackground Records
- Def Jam Recordings
5 ft 2 in or 157 cm
55 kg or 121 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Toni Braxton has dated –
- Frankie Beverly – Frankie is a vocalist by profession and is famous for his recordings for Soul and Funk band. Frankie and Toni had an encounter.
- Curtis Martin – American Football player, Curtis Martin had dated Toni for some time in the past.
- Shemar Moore (1994-1995) – Toni and actor Shemar started dating in 1994. Shemar also appeared in Toni’s music video “How Many Ways”. They separated in 1995.
- Jim Jackson (1996) – Basketball player, Jim Jackson and Toni had an encounter which was like a sports fairy tale. Braxton went to the Maverick’s Hotel to pick up Jason Kidd for a date but instead, she went away with Jim Jackson. They both started dating in 1996 and got separated in the same year.
- Jason Kidd (1996) – Before Jim Jackson, Toni was dating Jason Kidd for some time, but they separated after the whole Maverick’s Hotel incident as mentioned above.
- Keri Lewis (2000-2009) – Singers Toni and Keri started dating in February 2000 and got married in April 2001. They have two children together – sons Denim Cole Braxton–Lewis (b. 2001) and Diezel Ky Braxton-Lewis (b. March 2003). Diezel was diagnosed with Autism. Braxton separated from Keri in 2009 and they got divorced on July 25, 2015.
- Eddie Murphy (2012) – Comedian Eddie Murphy and Toni were rumored to be dating together.
- Birdman (2016) – American rapper, Birdman and Toni started dating in 2016. However, this is no public report about them being separated.
Race / Ethnicity
She is African American.
- Beautiful Voice
- Perfectly toned body
Toni did a commercial for spreading Autism awareness for a foundation called “Autism Speaks”. She has served as the international spokesperson for this foundation.
Toni’s father was a preacher, but after some time, their family converted to “Methodism”.
Best Known For
Songs called “Un-Break My Heart” and “You’re Makin’ Me High”. Un-break my heart became her signature song.
In July 1993, Toni released her debut album, Toni Braxton. It peaked at #1 on Billboard 200 and had more than 10 million album copies sales worldwide.
She debuted with comedy-drama film, Kingdom Come in 2001 where she played the role as Juanita Slocumb.
First TV Show
In 1990, Toni was first seen in the romantic documentary series Sex in the 90’s.
Toni eats a balanced, low-fat diet and her exercise routine includes aerobics and jogging.
She walks for about 40 minutes on the treadmill. She also does some Zumba workouts.
Toni Braxton Favorite Things
- Song for Performing – “He Wasn’t Man Enough” and “Seven Whole Days”
- TV Show – House Hunters on HGTV
- Store – Ross Dress for Less
- Food – Mexican
- Book – Are You There God? It’s Me Margaret by Judy Blume
- Fashion Icon – Rihanna
- Toni Braxton Video – “He Wasn’t Man Enough For Me”
- Tamar Braxton Song – “Love and War”
Source – NBC News, US Magazine, YouTube
Toni Braxton Facts
- Toni was the first female to sign with Laface Records.
- Toni decided to choose singing as her career when William E. Pettaway, Jr. heard her singing (she was singing to herself) while pumping gas at the Annapolis Service Station. He had seen some of Toni’s local performances also. Pettaway introduced himself and said that he wanted to produce Toni.
- Toni’s song “Let it Flow” was included in the 1995 hit movie “Waiting to Exhale”.
- Toni appeared in the Aaliyah tribute video “Miss You” in 2002.
- Toni Braxton became the first black actress to play Belle in the Broadway production of Beauty and the Beast in 1998.
- Toni was one of the contestants in the show “Dancing with the Stars” in 2008 and was voted out in the 5th week.
- She has an auto-immune disease called lupus that makes her feel tired while performing on stage.
- Visit her official site @ tonibraxton.com.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by The Heart Truth / Flickr / Public Domain