|Trent Reznor Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||May 17, 1965|
Trent Reznor is an American musician, singer, songwriter, record producer, and music composer who has served as the lead vocalist and songwriter of the industrial rock band Nine Inch Nails which he had founded in 1988. As of April 2021, he had released 12 albums with the group. He had started his musical career a few years before founding Nine Inch Nails, working as a member of synth-pop bands like Option 30, The Innocent, and Exotic Birds.
Michael Trent Reznor
New Castle, Lawrence County, Pennsylvania, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Trent had attended the Mercer Area Junior/Senior High School in Mercer, Pennsylvania. After his graduation in 1983, he had joined Allegheny College, a private liberal arts college in Meadville, Pennsylvania, and studied computer engineering.
Musician, Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer, Music Composer
- Father – Michael Reznor
- Mother – Nancy Lou (née Clark)
- Siblings – Tera Reznor (Younger Sister)
- Others – George Watson Reznor (Paternal Grandfather), Helene Patricia O’Mahoney (Paternal Grandmother), William Paul Clark (Maternal Grandfather), Clara Belle Fetterolf (Maternal Grandmother), George Reznor (Paternal Great Grandfather) (Founder of the Heating/AC Manufacturer The Reznor Company)
Industrial Rock, Industrial Metal, Alternative Rock, Post-Industrial, Synth-Pop, Electronic
Vocals, Guitar, Synthesizer
- Columbia Records
- Nothing Records
- Interscope Records
- Universal Music Group
- TVT Records
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Trent has dated –
- Seraphim Ward
- Gigi Hangach
- Tori Amos
- Courtney Love (1994)
- Joy Suzanne Grazer (1995-2009)
- Denise Milfort (2006)
- Mariqueen Maandig (2009-Present) – Trent had married Filipino-American musician Mariqueen Maandig in October 2009. They have 5 children together – 4 sons including Lazarus Echo Reznor (b. October 10, 2010) and Balthazar Venn Reznor (b. December 31, 2011), and a daughter named Nova Lux Reznor (b. December 2016).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of German, Irish, English, and distant Swiss, French, Belgian, and Dutch descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped hair
- Affable smile
- Often sports a rugged beard
Trent Reznor Facts
- Trent’s parents got divorced when he was 6 years old after which he had lived with his maternal grandparents while his sister had lived with their mother.
- He was enthused with music from an early age and had started playing the piano from the age of 12. During his high school days, he had also learned to play the tenor saxophone and tuba and was a member of the school’s jazz band and marching band.
- In 2009, with his wife Mariqueen Maandig and long-term Nine Inch Nails collaborators Atticus Ross and Rob Sheridan, he had formed a post-industrial supergroup called How to Destroy Angels. A year later, he and Atticus started to compose musical scores for movies and TV shows. The pair has composed music for films such as The Social Network (2010), The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011), Gone Girl (2014), Patriots Day (2016), Bird Box (2018), Waves (2019), Mank (2020), and Soul (2020). They had also done the same for the superhero drama TV series Watchmen (2019) and won a Primetime Emmy Award for it.
- He was included in Time magazine’s list of the most influential people of 1997.
- He and Atticus Ross had won the Academy Award in the category of ‘Original Score’ for the 2010 film The Social Network.
Featured Image by Trent Reznor / Instagram