|Courtney Love Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||July 9, 1964|
Courtney Love is an American singer, songwriter, musician, actor, and producer. She rose to popularity as the lead vocalist of the alternative rock band Hole and her personal life became highly publicized due to her romance with Kurt Cobain. Moreover, Love had been cast in many movies like The People vs. Larry Flynt, Man on the Moon, Beat, Sid and Nancy, Feeling Minnesota, 200 Cigarettes, and Trapped.
Courtney Michelle Harrison
Courtney Love-Cobain, CLover
San Francisco, California, United States
She divides her time amongst –
- Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, United States
- New York, United States
- London, England, United Kingdom
She received her early education from a Montessori school in Eugene.
She did her schooling at Nelson College for Girls, New Zealand, and later joined the Portland State University in Oregon, U.S. where she studied English and Philosophy.
She also enrolled herself in a Theology course from the Trinity College in Dublin where she only studied for two semesters. In 2010, she received honorary patronage from the University Philosophical Society of Trinity College.
Love took classes in film and acting from San Francisco Art Institute in California.
Singer, songwriter, musician, actor, producer
- Father – Hank Harrison (Publisher)
- Mother – Linda Carroll (Author)
- Siblings – Joshua Barraud (Brother) (Film Art Director), Benjamin Barraud (Brother) (Film Art Director), Daniel Menely (Brother), Jaimee Rodriguez (Sister), Nicole Rodriguez (Sister), Tobias (Half-Brother), Daniel (Half-Brother)
- Others – George Harry Harrison, Jr. (Paternal Grandfather), Edith Velma Cooke (Paternal Grandmother), Paula Fox (Maternal Grandmother) (Author), Paul Hervey Fox (Maternal Great Grandfather) (Writer), Elsie Fox (Maternal Great Grandmother) (Screenwriter), Douglas Fairbanks Jr. (Great Uncle), Phil Lesh (Godfather)
She has been managed by –
- Resolution, Talent Agency
- Crush Music Media Management, Inc., Music Artist Management Company, New York Cty, New York, United States
Alternative rock, punk rock, grunge, power pop, noise rock
Vocals, guitar, keyboards
Sympathy for the Record Industry, Caroline, DGC, Virgin Records, Ghost Ramp
Her net worth had been $100 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
55 kg or 121 pounds
Girlfriend / Boyfriend / Spouse
Courtney Love has dated –
- Mike Mooney
- Scott Weiland
- Ian Wagner
- Rozz Rezabek (1977-1978) – Musician Rozz Rezabek started going out with Courtney Love in 1977 but they separated the following year.
- Ted Nugent (1979)
- Billy Gould (1980)
- Jeff Mann (1980)
- Roddy Bottum (1984) – Love went out with musician, singer, and songwriter Roddy Bottum in 1984.
- James Moreland (1989) – She married The Leaving Trains vocalist James Moreland in 1989. Their relationship lasted only a few months.
- Eric Erlandson (1989-1990) – Love and her Hole co-musician Eric Erlandson got romantically involved for more than a year from 1989 to 1990.
- Billy Corgan (1989-1991, 2006-2010)
- Kurt Cobain (1991-1994) – Love met musician Kurt Cobain in 1991 and they started dating. The duo tied the knot on February 24, 1992, at the Waikiki Beach in Honolulu, Hawaii. They had a baby girl Frances Bean Cobain (b. August 18, 1992). Their relationship ended on a tragic note after two years of marriage when Cobain died in their Seattle home in April 1994. Love was in a Los Angeles rehab at the time and did not take the death of her husband too well.
- Amanda De Cadenet (1994)
- Evan Dando (1994) – Musician and frontman of the Lemonheads Evan Dando and Love had an affair in 1994.
- Trent Reznor (1994) – In September 1994, she hooked up with musician Trent Reznor.
- Twiggy Ramirez (1994)
- Gavin Rossdale (1996) – In 1996, it was RUMORed that she dated British musician Gavin Rossdale.
- Edward Norton (1996-1999) – She started dating Edward Norton, her co-star from The People vs. Larry Flynt in 1996. The couple split in 1999.
- Jesse Camp (1998) – She had a fling with musician and television personality Jesse Camp in 1998.
- James Barber (1999-2003) – She was involved with music producer James Barber between 1999 and 2003.
- Russell Crowe (2001) – Actor and singer Russell Crowe and Courtney Love had a one-night stand after meeting at Golden Globe Awards 2001. But, both denied this news.
- Julian Casablancas (2003) – In 2003, she hooked up with musician Julian Casablancas.
- Steve Coogan (2005) – Love had an encounter with English actor Steve Coogan in 2005.
- Jamie Burke (2006) – In late 2006, the English model Jamie Burke and Love were an item.
- Russell Brand (2006) – It is RUMORed that she had a fling with English comedian and actor Russell Brand in August 2006.
- Noel Fielding (2007) – In July 2007, English comedian and actor, Noel Fielding and Courtney dated each other.
- Mickey Rourke (2009) – RUMOR
- Dave Navarro (2010) – In April 2010, musicians Dave Navarro and Courtney Love were romantically linked after they were seen kissing during their performance in Hollywood. But, this wasn’t the first time that they were seen making out.
- André Balazs (2010-2013)
- Henry Allsopp (2010-2011)
- Aaron Sorkin (2014) – Courtney was reportedly linked with screenwriter Aaron Sorkin in 2014.
- Norman Reedus (2015) – In 2015, Courtney was seen on various outings (and nightclubs) with actor Norman Reedus which sparked dating RUMORs.
- Nicholas Jarecki (2015-2018) – Filmmaker Nicholas Jarecki and Love dated from December 2015 to 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Cuban, Welsh, Irish, German, and English descent.
- Blonde hair
- Deep raw-edged vocals
- Wears colored contact lenses
- Hippie style
34-24-34 in or 86-61-86 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU)
She had breast reduction surgery in 2007 as per People.
8.5 (US) or 6 (UK) or 39 (EU)
Love was seen in the Versace print advertisement in 1998. She was photographed by Bruce Weber.
She was featured in MTV’s Celebrity Skin Contest TV commercial in 1998.
Courtney has also been seen in commercials on NJOY E-cigarettes, Saint Laurent Paris, etc.
Best Known For
Her 1996 Miloš Forman film The People vs. Larry Flynt in which she portrayed the role of Althea Leasure Flynt.
She is also known for Man on the Moon (1999) and Trapped (2002).
Her first feature film appearance was in Alex Cox’s 1986 biopic Sid and Nancy in which she played a small role as Gretchen.
Though, before that, she was also seen in a short film Club Vatican for her role as a girl.
First TV Show
Her first TV show was Comedy Central Roast of Pamela Anderson in 2005 in which she appeared as herself.
Her first solo album was America’s Sweetheart that released in February 2004.
As a member of Hole, her first album was a hardcore punk album Pretty on the Inside released in September 1991.
Courtney Love dropped 52 pounds of body weight in 2007 with diet and exercise. She used to drink 1,200-calorie Isopure shakes in the daytime. During the nighttime, she used to eat vegetables and fish.
Talking about her workout, it included running on the treadmill besides Pilates and yoga.
Courtney Love Favorite Things
- Artists – Flipper, Kate Bush, Soft Cell, Lou Reed, Dead Kennedys
- Bands – Echo and the Bunnymen, The Smiths, The Teardrop Explodes, Bauhaus, Joy Division
- Fashion Designers – Rick Owens, Riccardo Tisci, Todd Lynn, Christopher Bailey
Source – IMDb.com, ElleUK.com
Courtney Love Facts
- Courtney Love was diagnosed with wild autism when she was 9 years old.
- When Love was 14, she was nabbed for shoplifting a T-Shirt and had to stay at the Hillcrest Correctional Facility.
- She was into drugs in her teens and when she was 19, she tried her hands on cocaine.
- She worked as an illegal stripper with the nickname “Love” to support herself.
- Some of her jobs before she became famous also include berry picking at a Troutdale, Oregon-based farm, and being a disc jockey.
- Love also worked as an erotic dancer in Taiwan in 1983.
- She formed the music band Sugar Babylon with her friends Ursula Wehr and Robin Barbur in Portland.
- Another band called Pagan Babies was created with friend Kat Bjelland after the two met in 1984 at the Satyricon club in Portland.
- In 1988, Love advertised for finding members for forming a new band and recruited lead guitarist Eric Erlandson; bassist Lisa Roberts and drummer Caroline Rue. They formed a band called Hole which ranked at No. 68 on 100 Greatest Women of Rock N Roll by VH1.
- In 1994, Love was voted as the Best Female Performer during the Metal Edge Readers’ Choice Awards. This had upset the past winner Lita Ford, who had been winning the title continuously for seven years before that.
- In 1995, she was ranked among the 10 Most Fascinating People by Barbara Walters.
- She tried to commit suicide on her 40th Birthday at her Manhattan apartment on July 9, 2004. The reason is not known.
- Love is a Buddhist organization Soka Gakkai International’s member.
- The song titled Heart-Shaped Box by Nirvana is based on Love.
- Courtney Love is good friends with American actor Winona Ryder.
- The musician endorsed the presidential campaign of Hillary Clinton in 2016.