|Ghostemane Quick Info
|5 ft 11 in
|Date of Birth
|April 15, 1991
Ghostemane aka Baader-Meinhof, GASM and formerly Ill Biz, is an American musician, rapper and singer who attained popularity on SoundCloud for fusing together the rap and metal genres and creating successful numbers such as John Dee, Venom, and Kybalion. He is also known for his numerous EPs like Dogma (2015) and albums such as the underground hit N/O/I/S/E (2018). He worked together with rapper Pouya on the single 1000 Rounds (2017) which went viral and racked up more than 16 million views on YouTube.
Ghostemane, Baader-Meinhof, GASM, Ill Biz
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
He completed his college graduation with astrophysics as his subject.
Musician, Rapper, Singer
- Father – His father was a phlebotomist.
- Siblings – He has 1 brother.
He is represented by Celebrity Talent International.
Trap Metal, Doom Metal, Hip Hop, Hardcore Punk, Noise, Black Metal
Vocals, Guitar, Drums
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Ivy Suicide
- Poppy (2019-2021)
Race / Ethnicity
He often tends to dye his hair in different shades.
- Tattoos all over his body
- Sharp features
- Scary (intentional) looks and makeup
- Long hair
Thelema, a religion created by the occultist Aleister Crowley.
Ghostemane Favorite Things
- Biggest Influence – Black metal band Bathory
- Influences In Rap Music – Southern rap groups like OutKast and Three 6 Mafia
- Bands That Inspired Him – Circle Takes the Square, The Number Twelve Looks Like You
- His parents had shifted to Florida from New York just a year earlier to his birth.
- In his childhood, Ghostemane was very good in academics and always used to score high grades in his school.
- He was drawn to music ever since he was a child.
- During his growing up years, he used to follow hardcore punk rock. He got interested in learning music and used to take guitar lessons.
- When he was a teenager, he played the guitar with bands like Nemesis and Seven Serpents. A bandmate of his from Nemesis introduced him to rap music.
- Ghostemane discovered Memphis rap and got obsessed with it. He also got deeply interested in studying philosophy, the occult, and the sciences.
- He has frequently dealt with dark themes like depression, occultism, nihilism, and death, in his songs which became hugely popular with like-minded listeners.
- Ghostemane has revealed that his heroes have been stars in bands like Nine Inch Nails and OutKast who have paved the path for us to see through the artificial mask of polite society and have wanted to expose the real truth that lies underneath.
- Ghostemane has stated that he made N/O/I/S/E for those who have felt alone or lost in a meaningless world in order to make them realize that there is a vast number among us who have felt the same way. He had recorded the album intending to create music that felt free and true. He had delved deep inside his brain and persona and expressed every bit of torment that he experienced in his life.
- Ghostemane has more than 2 million followers on Instagram.
- He has stated that when he performs, he wants to send across the message that although the world may be burning with injustice, pain, and cruelty, we are all in it together. We have the power to be free and if we realize that, we can build something better before the whole world crashes.
- In October 2018, Ghostemane teamed up with Zubin for a new track titled Broken.
- He released a new studio album titled N/O/I/S/E in 2018.
- In 2021, the music video for Ghostemane’s song AI was nominated for the “Most Bizarre” award at the Berlin Music Video Awards.
Featured Image by Ghostemane / Instagram