|Poppy Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||January 1, 1995|
Poppy is an American singer, songwriter, and YouTuber who rose to acclaim via YouTube. Her discography consists of albums, extended plays, and tracks like Poppy.Computer, All the Things She Said, Flux, Bloodmoney, I Disagree, Am I a Girl?, Poppy.Remixes, A Very Poppy Christmas, Everybody Wants to Be Poppy, Let’s Make a Video, Adored, Fashion After All, Metal, Time Is Up (ft. Diplo), X, Scary Mask (ft. Fever 333), So Mean, I Won’t Be Home for Christmas, Fear of Dying, Her, and Fill the Crown. In 2021, her song titled Bloodmoney was nominated for the Grammy Award for “Best Metal Performance”, making her the first female artist to be nominated in a metal category.
Moriah Rose Pereira
That Poppy, Poppy Chain
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Singer, Songwriter, Actress, Dancer, YouTuber
- Father – Her father used to be a drummer in a band.
- Others – Anthony Winston “Win” Chase (Maternal Grandfather), Edith Leary (Maternal Grandmother)
Poppy is managed by Nick Groff of Geffen Records.
She is also represented by –
- British Reece of PMK•BNC
- Matt Meyer of Paradigm Agency
- Mike Malak & Clementine Bunel of CODA Agency
Electropop, Synth-pop, Ambient, J-pop
Vocals, Guitar, Piano, Electronic Organ
- I’m Poppy
- Mad Decent
- Island Records
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Poppy has dated –
- Titanic Sinclair – She is rumored to have started dating film director, music video director, musician, and YouTube personality, Titanic Sinclair, in July 2016. They have worked together extensively writing songs, creating albums, a concert tour, a YouTube Red television show, and their continuing series of several hundred YouTube videos. The couple was also spotted together quite often either attending some event or simply enjoying their time together. However, things allegedly ended between the duo after a while.
- Ghostemane (2019-2021) – In October 2019, she started going out with rapper, singer, and songwriter Ghostemane and she announced on social media in July 2020 that they were engaged. However, the duo later parted ways and called off their engagement in late 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Portuguese descent on her father’s side and has English, Irish, Scottish, and Dutch roots on her mother’s side.
She often tends to dye her hair ‘platinum blonde’.
- Platinum blonde dyed locks
- Petite figure
- In 2016, she was signed up by the Japanese brand, Sanrio as a brand ambassador. She was made the face of the Hello Sanrio collection.
- She has also been hired to do endorsement work for the footwear giant Steve Madden.
Best Known For
- Her regular appearances in the popular comedy web series, Chaos Wolves
- The popularity of her official YouTube channel. Her videos have attracted more than 300 million views.
- The viral success of her song, Lowlife. The music video of the single has managed to gain more than 40 million views.
In October 2017, she released her debut studio album, Poppy.Computer. She went on a 40-city tour to promote her new album.
First TV Show
In 2015, she made her first television show appearance in Jessie. However, her appearance wasn’t credited.
In 2017, Poppy made her first credited TV show appearance as herself on the popular talk show, The Late Late Show with James Corden.
Poppy Favorite Things
- Star Wars Character – R2-D2
- Sanrio Character – Badtz-Maru
- She often incorporates Illuminati and satanic symbolism in her videos, music, and other works, which has often led to claims that she is a cult leader.
- Her passionate and ardent fans identify themselves as “Poppy Seeds”.
- Nick Groff decided to represent her after someone at his former employer Island Records sent him links to her videos. He was confused with her videos but he realized that he was drawn to these videos and was binge-watching them before he realized it.
- While growing up, it was her dream to join the iconic dance company The Rockettes. She even took dance training for 11 years.
- While studying in a school in Boston, she was often bullied for being shy and quiet. She eventually found that music was a perfect escape for her.
- At the age of 15, she decided to move to Los Angeles to pursue a career in the entertainment industry.
- She has been a vocal supporter of the LGBTQ cause.
- She has established her own record label, I’m Poppy, which has served as the co-producer for her music.
- In the summer of 2017, she published her book, which was titled The Gospel of Poppy. It is a parody of sorts of Bible and contains her prayers and transcripts of some of her YouTube videos.
- On October 31, 2018, she released her 2nd studio album titled Am I a Girl? and it includes songs like Fashion After All, Iconic, Time Is Up (ft. Diplo), The Rapture Ball, X, and Play Destroy (ft. Grimes).
- Her 3rd studio album I Disagree was released on January 10, 2020, through Sumerian Records and Malvika Padin of Gigwise called the album “A true masterpiece in almost every way imaginable…” and “…the perfect album to start 2020 with.”
- On September 24, 2021, her 4th studio album Flux was released and it peaked at number #16 on the UK Rock & Metal Albums (OCC) chart and at number #60 on the US Top Current Albums (Billboard) chart.
- Visit her official website @ impoppy.com.
Featured Image by Universal Music Group / Universal Music Group / CC BY-SA 4.0