Brian Hugh Warner
Canton, Ohio, United States
He lives in a Spanish style mansion with goth vibes in Hollywood Hills, California.
Marilyn Manson studied at the Heritage Christian School from the first grade to the tenth grade. He later got enrolled at the GlenOak High School and graduated in 1987.
In 1990, he got admission at the Broward Community College in Fort Lauderdale to pursue a degree in journalism.
Singer, Songwriter, Musician, Composer, Actor, Painter, Author, Music journalist
- Father – Hugh Angus Warner
- Mother – Barbara Warner Wyer
- Siblings – He is the only child.
- Others – John/Jack Angus Warner (Paternal Grandfather), Beatrice Frank (Paternal Grandmother), Allie Dee Wyer (Maternal Grandfather), Blanche Pearl Jones (Maternal Grandmother)
Marilyn Manson is represented by Tony Ciulla from Los Angeles based Ciulla Management.
Industrial rock, Alternative metal, Hard rock, Glam rock
- Hell, etc.
- Cooking Vinyl
- Loma Vista
- Caroline International
- Dine Alone Records
6 ft 1 in or 185 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Marilyn Manson has dated –
- Lexa Vonn – Marilyn reportedly dated singer and fashion designer Lexa Vonn in the 90s. They dated on and off for nearly two decades and came to an end when he allegedly abused her at his Los Angeles home in 2011. In her report filed with LAPD, she claimed that in October 2011, he held her on the knifepoint and went on to cut her and savage her with other weapons during their sordid sexual encounter.
- Wendy Moore – Manson reportedly had an affair with journalist and author Wendy Moore in the past.
- Michele Greenberg – Marilyn was in a relationship with Michele Greenberg in early days of his musical career. He has even written about her in his autobiography and opted to call her Rachelle in the book. He claimed in the book that they had a turbulent and bit volatile relationship.
- Missi Romero (1992-1997) – Manson first had an eye contact with Missi Romero in 1992 at the Beastie Boys concert. They dated for about 5 years before going separate ways in 1997. He later revealed that she had got pregnant in the course of their relationship. However, he underwent abortion during her second trimester.
- Jenna Jameson (1997) – Marilyn Manson had an affair with p*rnographic actress Jenna Jameson while she was married to adult movies’ director Brad Armstrong. Marilyn had first met Jenna at a red-carpet event in 1997.
- Rose McGowan (1997-2001) – Manson had a huge crush on actress Rose McGowan. When they eventually first met at the entrance of a restaurant, she asked him about his supposed crush and it served as the spark that brought them together. They got engaged after having dated for about one and a half years. However, about two years after their engagement, she decided to dump him as she couldn’t take his rampant drug abuse anymore. Plus, she found it tiring to adjust to his rock and roll lifestyle.
- Dita Von Teese (2001-2006) – Marilyn Manson started dating popular burlesque dancer in 2001. They had first met after he had approached her to appear in one of his music videos. On the eve of his 32nd birthday, she brought a bottle of his favorite absinthe for him, which served to be the start of their relationship. In March 2004, he proposed to her with a 7-karat antique diamond ring. They got married in a non-denominational ceremony at their home in November 2005. They had a bigger ceremony at Gurteen Castle in Ireland the following month. However, their marriage hardly lasted a year as she filed for divorce in December 2006. The divorce was finalized in December 2007.
- Evan Rachel Wood (2006-2010) – It was later revealed that Dita and Marilyn’s marriage came to an end due to his extra-marital affair with actress Evan Rachel Wood. Their affair was confirmed by Dita herself in her interview. He had grown close to the young actress after having cast her in the music video of his single, Heart-Shaped Glasses. Their relationship was made public in 2007 as it was revealed that they had been living together. Their relationship was more of an on and off in nature. While performing in Paris in January 2010, he proposed to her. However, they decided to broke their engagement later that same year.
- Isani Griffith – In December 2008, Marilyn brought Isani Griffith along for an art exhibition and he introduced her as a special lady friend. He even made paintings for her.
- Stoya (2009) – Manson started dating p*rnographic actress Stoya in the early months of 2009. Their relationship officially came to an end in November 2009 as she herself took to Twitter to reveal that they had gone separate ways because they felt they weren’t right for each other.
- CariDee English (2010) – In 2010, the popular Goth rocker was rumored to be going out with singer CariDee English. It was claimed that he had helped her put up her debut music album and they fell for each other while working on the album.
- Esmé Bianco (2010-2011) – According to the reports, Marilyn Manson started going out with English actress and model, Esmé Bianco in 2010. They were spotted together at a series of events.
- Lindsay Usich (2010-2015) – Towards the end of 2010, Manson started dating photographer and model Lindsay Usich. Their first public appearance was at upscale Boudoir in West Hollywood. Their relationship was officially revealed in a coverage of his art exhibition by the Revolver magazine.
- Peaches Geldof (2011) – Marilyn Manson was rumored to be going out with British socialite Peaches Geldof in early months of 2011 after they were pictured together at a couple of events.
- Lana Del Rey (2012) – In 2012, Marilyn was linked with singer and songwriter Lana Del Rey based on their appearances in Berlin.
Race / Ethnicity
He has German, Irish, and English ancestry.
- Often wears a black eyeliner
- Wears a heavy makeup
- Bizarre dressing style
- Weird and over the top music videos
Marilyn Manson hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand.
While growing up, he went with his mother to the Episcopal church. He was also enrolled in a Catholic school.
However, as an adult, he is a member of the Church of Satan, which is an infamous atheist organization. In fact, he has been ordained to the church.
Best Known For
- Being one of the most infamous and iconic personalities of the metal music scene.
- His controversial and outrageous persona and antics.
In 1994, he released his debut studio album, Portrait of an American Family. The album was initially titled as The Manson Family Album, which was a nod to notorious serial killer Charles Manson’s gang.
In 1997, he made his theatrical film debut in a minor role in a thriller movie, Lost Highway.
First TV Show
In February 1995, Marilyn Manson made his first TV show appearance on the talk show, Donahue.
With the advancing age, Marilyn Manson has realized the importance of exercise and has started hitting the gym fairly often. He usually spends 10 minutes on the treadmill and then works on his arms and legs. He prefers using machines for his workouts and certainly isn’t a fan of lifting free weights.
Marilyn Manson Favorite Things
- Item in Makeup Bag – Black Eyeliner
- Most Treasured Possession – His bedroom walls (because he has written his lyrics all over the walls) or Hitler’s coat hanger
- Smell – Cocaine
- Word – Etcetera
- Movie – Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory
Marilyn Manson Facts
- In 1989, he and guitarist Scott “Daisy Berkowitz” Putesky collaborated to start Marilyn Manson & the Spooky Kids. He had taken the first name of an actress (Marilyn Monroe) and last name of a serial killer (Charles Manson) for his infamous stage name.
- He loves collecting vintage metal lunch boxes as well as fake body parts and medical prosthetics such as glass eyeballs and artificial limbs. Once, he was reported to have had a human fetus in a glass jar.
- In 2007, he launched an exclusive range of absinthe called Mansinthe. The bottle featured a self-portrait of Manson as an old man on the label.
- He has been diagnosed with a medical condition known as Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome, which is characterized by a rapid increase in heart rate, caused by an abnormal extra electrical pathway of the heart.
- He is a huge supporter of organizations such as Music for Life and Little Kids Rock, which provide music training and instruments to underprivileged children.
- Apart from being an accomplished musical artist, he is also a competent painter. He owns an art studio called The Celebritarian Corporation Gallery of Fine Art in Los Angeles. He has also hosted art exhibitions in Cologne, Paris, and Berlin.
- His music album Mechanical Animals was banned from several stores because he was featured as a naked alien on the album cover.
- Interestingly, the cover of Mechanical Animals was edited in Japan, not because he has shown naked on it, they had objections over him having six fingers on each hand.
- His first contact with the music industry was as a journalist for the 25th Parallel, which is a Fort Lauderdale based magazine, which has been rebranded as a lifestyle magazine.
- In 2000, a security guard that was hired for his concert in Michigan, filed a sexual misconduct against Manson, alleging that Manson had rubbed his pelvis against his head. The lawsuit was later dropped.
- In 2010, he started his own record label Hell, etc., which is a vanity label that works under UK based record company Cooking Vinyl.
- He has worked tirelessly with the Project Nightlight, which is a charitable group that gives backing to the teenagers and children to open up about the physical and sexual abuse that they had endured or were experiencing.
- In April 2002, a woman named Maria St. John accused Manson of supplying cocaine to her daughter Jennifer Syme and asking her to drive under influence. Manson insisted that she was driven to her home and it was then, she had got behind the steering wheel and had fatally crashed her car into three parked vehicles.
- In September 2017, he was involved in a serious accident as two big props toppled over him during his concert at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York. His fibula bone was fractured in two places and the doctors had to insert a metal plate and 10 screws in the bone.
- In February 1998, he published his autobiography The Long Hard Road Out of Hell, which was written with the help of Rolling Stones journalist Neil Strauss.
- In aftermath of the Columbine High School massacre, he was wrongly vilified by several publications as they claimed that shooters were influenced by his music. Some publications even alleged that assailants were wearing Marilyn Manson makeup.
- The producers of the horror movie The Texas Chain Saw Massacre had approached him to create a musical score of the iconic horror movie. However, he was busy with his album The Golden Age of Grotesque, so he had to bail out.
- He had got his stage name Marilyn Manson trademarked. It has been revealed that between 1994 and 1999, he had filed four trademarks for the branding and merchandising purposes.
- On his mother’s suggestion, he got a plastic surgery done to take care of his long earlobes.
- He counts actor Johnny Depp amongst his closest friends, in fact, they have got matching tattoos. They have ‘No reason’ etched on their wrists as well as ‘Charles Baudelaire, the flowers of evil, this giant skeleton thing’ tattooed on their backs.
- While growing up, he was molested on several occasions by one of his family’s neighbors. It eventually became too much for him as he broke down and told his mother about it.
- Visit his official website @ marilynmanson.com.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Myspace, and YouTube VEVO.
Featured Image by Andreas Lawen / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0