Rose Arianna McGowan
Certaldo, Tuscany, Italy
Rose lives in an about 3,000 square feet house in Hollywood Hills.
Before she bought this four-bedroom house in 2011, she used to live in a historic mansion in Los Feliz area of Los Angeles.
Rose McGowan went to the Roosevelt High School in Seattle.
She later got admission at the Nova Alternative High School. Shortly before moving to Los Angeles, she studied at the art and beauty school.
Actress, singer, Director, Producer
- Father – Daniel McGowan (Commercial artist and ran an Italian chapter of the Children of God)
- Mother – Terri McGowan (Microsoft employee and former writer)
- Siblings – Daisy McGowan (Sister) (Artist), Nathaniel McGowan (Brother). Overall, she has 5 siblings, out of which one is older than her, while other four are younger than Rose. She also has 2 half-siblings.
- Others – James Robert McGowan (Paternal Grandfather), Nora Mascotte (Paternal Grandmother)
Rose McGowan is represented by Brigade Marketing.
Rock, Alternative Metal, Hard Rock, Electronica, Alternative
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rose McGowan has dated –
- Carlo Mondavi – Rose McGowan was reported to have had a fling with businessman Carlo Mondavi in the past.
- Marilyn Manson (1997-2001) – McGowan started going out with metal rock legend Marilyn Manson in September 1997. Before they had even met, Manson had a crush on her. When they eventually met at the entrance of a restaurant, Rose asked him about the crush he had for her. They started dating shortly after. After dating for around one and a half years, they got engaged. Marilyn had proposed to her while they were sitting in a bathtub surrounded by candles. She found the gesture incredibly romantic and said yes. About two years after their engagement, Rose decided to end their relationship. She claimed that she was finding it difficult to adjust to Marilyn’s rock and roll lifestyle. She also hinted in a later interview that drug use might have been one of the reasons behind their split.
- Norman Reedus – Rose McGowan reportedly had a short-lived affair with actor Norman Reedus towards the starts of the 2000s. It was claimed that they had grown close during his stint on her TV show, Charmed.
- Kip Pardue (2001) – Rose had started going out with actor Kip Pardue in 2001. They made their first public appearance at the premiere of his new movie Driven in Hollywood in April 2001. They were later seen together in the 2002 comedy drama movie, Strange Hearts. In fact, they had first met while shooting for this movie, in which they were cast in the role of lovers, and while playing the role of reel lovers, they became real lovers.
- Ahmet Zappa (2001-2002) – Rose first met musician and actor Ahmet Zappa in 2000 on the sets of Ready to Rumble. They officially started dating in August 2001. In her December interview with Jane Magazine, she spoke in glowing terms about her husband. However, in another interview given a year later to the same magazine, she revealed that they had broken up as they were on different levels of adoration.
- David Zinczenko (2002-2005) – Rose first met Men’s Health editor David Zinczenko in late 2002. She was standing in a line at concession stand but when her turn came, she realized that she didn’t have any money, so she turned to David, who was standing behind her to ask for some money. They started hanging out after that incident. While in a relationship, they had to overcome the long distance between them as he was based in New York City and she was living in Los Angeles. They used to meet up on the weekends. They decided to split by the spring of 2005.
- Steve Jones (2005) – McGowan was rumored to be seeing Welsh TV presenter Steve Jones in May 2005. She had met him while giving an interview for his show. And, reportedly, she was so charmed by him that she postponed her return to the United States.
- Jenson Button (2005) – Rose was linked with the English racing driver, Jenson Button, in 2005.
- Robert Rodriguez (2007-2009) – The director Robert Rodriguez first met Rose at the amfAR ‘Cinema Against AIDS’ Gala at the Cannes Film Festival in May 2005. He found her fiery and feisty personality endearing. He then cast her in his movie, Grindhouse – Planet Terror, and it was while shooting for this movie, they became close. It was rumored that their cozy behavior on the movie sets lead to his separation from his wife Elizabeth Avellán, with whom he had been married for 16 years. They made their relationship official in May 2007 by walking the red carpet at the Cannes Film Festival. By October 2007, they had got engaged. They planned to get married in 2009 but this relationship also saw an end by October 2009.
- Rob Adams (2011-2012) – In the early months of 2011, Rose started going out with a man named Rob Adams, who worked in the finance. She also revealed that he was an art collector and was planning to set up art fund for underprivileged artists. They dated for little over a year and decided to break up in July 2012.
- Davey Detail (2012-2016) – McGowan started dating artist Davey Detail in 2012. After dating for about a year, Davey proposed to her in July 2013. They got married in Los Angles in October 2013. However, their marriage didn’t last long as she filed for divorce in February 2016 citing irreconcilable differences. She also asked the judge to reject any claims for spousal support from Davey. Their divorce was finalized in November 2016.
- Boots (2016-Present) – Rose was spotted with musician and producer Boots (real name Jordan Asher) in October 2016. They made their relationship public in November by sharing a picture of them in a topless cuddle.
Race / Ethnicity
She has English, Irish and French ancestry.
- Her eccentric hairstyles, which includes a buzz cut
- Loves dressing up provocatively.
34-24-33 in or 86-61-84 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU)
6 (US) or 36.5 (EU)
Rose McGowan has been featured in a series of print adverts for BeBe clothing.
She was also cast in an advert for “Women Can Stop Trump” before the US presidential elections.
Early in her childhood, she was raised in a Christian cult.
But her parents got disenchanted by the cult by the time Rose was 10. Also, during her relationship with Marilyn Manson, she experimented by Satanism.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Ann-Margret in the CBS miniseries based on music legend Elvis Presley’s life and titles as Elvis.
- Having portrayed the character of Paige Matthews in the supernatural drama TV series, Charmed.
As a Singer
Rose was asked to do backing vocals in Marilyn Manson’s single Posthuman. She also wrote and sang Protection soundtrack for her movie, “Strange Hearts”.
Finally, in 2015, she released her debut single, RM486.
In 1992, she made her theatrical film debut in a minor role in the comedy movie, Encino Man. This movie was released as California Man in Europe.
First TV Show
In 1990, Rose made her first TV show appearance in Life with Fathers episode of Fox drama sitcom, True Colors.
Rose McGowan is consistent about her workout habits and is regularly spotted hitting Tracy Anderson gym in Los Angeles. Rose undoubtedly follows Anderson’s unique workout methods that rely on dancing or any other fast tempo cardio exercise to torch fat and high repetition exercises to tone muscles up.
Rose McGowan Favorite Things
- Style Icons – Marlene Dietrich and Ava Gardner
- Actresses and Actors – Ralph Fiennes, Sophia Loren, Linda Fiorentino, Susan Sarandon, Clara Bow, Bette Davis, Elizabeth Taylor, Jessica Lange, Joan Crawford, and Ava Gardner
- Hair Color – Dark
- Restaurant – Sushi Nozawa, Jan’s Diner, and Taco Bell on Beverly Boulevard by La Cienega
- Movies – Night of the Hunter (1955), Out of the Past (1947), The Godfather (1972), The Godfather Part II (1974), Scarface (1932), Some Like It Hot (1959)
Source – IMDb, Yahoo, Rotten Tomatoes
Rose McGowan Facts
- In October 2015, she fired a series of tweets in which she alleged that she was raped by a top Hollywood executive. She also alleged that a female criminal attorney told her that she won’t win the sexual assault case as she has done a s*x scene in the movie.
- In June 2015, she alleged that she was dropped by her agent after she pointed out sexism in the casting call made for Adam Sandler’s movie. The casting call required actors to show cleavage with the push-up bras.
- In 2008, she broke her foot in the gym while running down a flight of stairs to meet her personal trainer. In 2011, she suffered a hairline fracture on her baby toe due to wearing high heel shoes for 14 to 15 hours a day during the shooting.
- In June 2016, she slammed 20th Century Fox for promoting casual violence against women because of the posters of X-Men: Apocalypse, which depicted Oscar Isaac’s Apocalypse strangling Jennifer Lawrence’s Mystique.
- She spent much of her early childhood traveling along with Children of God group’s communes. They mostly traveled to Europe.
- She had some pretty rough teenage years. Early in her teens, she lived in Portland as a runaway teenager and often socialized with a group of drag queens in the city.
- By the age of 15, she decided to officially emancipate herself from her parents. She then relocated to Los Angeles, where she did a number of odd jobs, which she often got by lying about her age.
- She had done an audition for the role of Lisa Rowe in the 1999 movie Girl, Interrupted. However, Angelina Jolie was instead hired for the role.
- She was cast in her iconic role of Prue Halliwell in the TV series Charmed after the show producers had decided to fire Shannen Doherty when she had refused to sign a two-year contract extension.
- In 2002, she was placed on the 39th spot by the Stuff Magazine in the list featuring 102 Sexiest Women in the World.
- To prepare for her role of Ann-Margret in the miniseries Elvis, she repeatedly watched 1964 comedy, Viva Las Vegas, which had Ann-Margret and Elvis Presley in the lead roles.
- In 2007, the popular Maxim Magazine placed Rose in the #44 position in their annual Hot 100 list.
- In her teens, she worked for a very brief time at the McDonald’s restaurant. After working for around 5 days, she turned vegetarian in protest against non-vegetarian options available at the chain. Her protest amounted to nothing and she quit her job.
- She was all set to play female superhero Red Sonja in the remake of the 1985 movie of the same name. At the 2008 Comic-Con, two movie posters featuring Rose were also unveiled. However, the project was later scrapped.
- She has been an active supporter of the LGBT cause and has participated in campaigns against Proposition 8.
- While shooting for the movie Fifty Dead Men Walking, she gave a statement extending her full support to IRA. As IRA have been criticized and despised for the use of political violence, Rose landed right into a major controversy, which even led to some of her staunch supporters distancing themselves from her.
- At the age of 14, she was sent to a drug rehab even though she wasn’t doing drugs but her appearance made her look like an addict. She ran away from the rehab and was homeless for a year.
- She has been diagnosed with OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) and Agoraphobia.
- McGowan was cast in the role of Tatum Riley in Scream due to Melinda Clarke’s decision to turn down the offer to star in the movie.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, YouTube, iTunes, and Google+.
Featured Image by gdcgraphics / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0