|Harvey Weinstein Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||March 19, 1952|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Harvey Weinstein, also known as the film mogul, is a former American film producer who is known for co-founding the entertainment company, Miramax, along with his brother Bob Weinstein in 1979, which produced various successful films such as Sex, Lies, and Pulp Fiction (1994), and Shakespeare in Love (1998). Weinstein also became known as a supporter of progressive causes, but his reputation was extremely damaged after reports surfaced in October 2017 of his alleged s*xual harassment of women, resulting in his expulsion from The Weinstein Company and the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
Harvey Scissorhands, The Punisher
Queens, New York City, New York, United States
Westport, Fairfield County, Connecticut, United States
Harvey attended John Bowne High School and then he went to the State University of New York at Buffalo.
Producer, Actor, Writer
- Father – Max Weinstein (Diamond Cutter)
- Mother – Miriam (née Postel) Weinstein
- Siblings – Bob Weinstein (Younger Brother) (Film producer, Director, Businessman, Writer)
- Others – Joseph “Joe” Weinstein (Paternal Grandfather), Pauline Fischman (Paternal Grandmother), Joseph “Joe” (Maternal Grandfather), Sarah Kontsevich (Maternal Grandmother)
6 ft or 183 cm
112 kg or 247 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Harvey has dated –
- Eve Chilton (1987-2004) – Harvey married his assistant Eve Chilton in 1987. They have 3 children together – Remy (previously Lily) (b. 1995), Emma (b. 1998), and Ruth (b. 2002). However, they officially divorced in 2004.
- Georgina Chapman (2007-2017) – Weinstein and English fashion designer and actress, Georgina Chapman, got married in 2007. They have 2 children together, a daughter named India Pearl (b. 2010) and a son, Dashiell (b. 2013). However, on October 10, 2017, Georgina left him due to the s*xual harassment accusations.
- Jennifer Lawrence (2010)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent.
Salt & Pepper
- Puffy face
- Right eye smaller than the left eye
Best Known For
- Being the co-founder of the entertainment company, Miramax, which has produced various successful films such as Sex, Lies, and The Crying Game (1992), Pulp Fiction (1994), Heavenly Creatures (1994), Flirting with Disaster (1996), and Shakespeare in Love (1998)
- Being accused by dozens of women of rape, s*xual abuse, and s*xual assault
He made his film debut as himself in the comedy-drama film Cannes Man in 1997.
First TV Show
Harvey made his first TV show appearance as himself in the musical biography documentary series Behind the Music in 1998.
Harvey Weinstein Facts
- His production company Miramax is named after his mother, Miriam, and his father, Max.
- Harvey suffered a heart attack in August 2000.
- He is a member and a long time supporter of the Democratic Party and has also financially supported candidates like Hillary Clinton and also campaigned for Barack Obama and John Kerry.
- In October 2017, according to The New York Times and The New Yorker reports, American producer Harvey Weinstein was accused by dozens of women of rape, s*xual assault, and s*xual abuse over a period of at least 30 years.
- Women who had accused him of s*xual misconduct include Angelina Jolie, Salma Hayek, Eva Green, and Heather Graham.
- On March 2, 2012, he was granted the French Legion of Honor for his services and commitments to the film industry. However, on October 15, 2017, President Emmanuel Macron declared his intention to rescind the award as his s*xual misconduct allegations rose drastically.
- Weinstein was rated as one of Time magazine’s “100 Most Influential People in the World” in 2012.
- On April 19, 2004, he was nominated as honorary Commander of the Order of the British Empire for his contributions to the British film industry. As he is not a citizen of a commonwealth country, the award was considered honorary.
- In October 2017, due to the hike in s*xual harassment allegations against him, steps were taken to revoke the honor he was given by the British empire.
- In October 2017, Harvey was fired from his own company called The Weinstein Company due to several allegations of s*xual harassment cases against women that came to light in The New York Times.
- Meryl Streep had once called him ‘God’.
- He is one of the board members of Robin Hood Foundation, a New York City-based non-profit organization that targets poverty.
- More than 80 women in the film industry have accused Weinstein of s*xual misconduct. But, he denied all the allegations and shortly after, he was expelled from The Weinstein Company (now known as Lantern Entertainment), was removed from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, and many other professional associations. He also vanished from the public view.
- On May 25, 2018, Weinstein was arrested by the NYPD and was charged with rape, committing a criminal s*x act, s*xual abuse, and s*xual misconduct, but later he was released on bail. Harvey had paid $1 million in cash to get his bail, submitted his passport, and was also issued an ankle monitor. In February 2020, he was convicted of criminal s*xual assault in the first degree and of rape in the 3rd degree. Later, in March 2020, he was sentenced to 23 years in prison. It was later reported that he had filed paperwork for an appeal stating that the judge had made various errors that resulted in a rigged trial.
- In March 2020, he was tested positive for coronavirus.
- In November 2020, he was again tested for coronavirus as his condition had deteriorated and was suffering from high fever.
Featured Image by Nick Step / Flickr / CC BY 2.0