|Lydia Night Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||October 13, 2000|
Lydia Night is an American musician who is popularly known as the lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist of the California-based punk rock band The Regrettes. Before this band, she used to perform as the lead vocalist and guitarist of pop-rock bands Pretty Little Demons and LILA. She was also associated with the rock duo Dead Man’s Bones.
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
She went to Grand Arts High School situated in Downtown Los Angeles.
- Father – Morgan Higby Night (Writer, Director, Producer, DJ)
- Siblings – She has a younger brother.
She self-manages herself.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lydia Night has dated –
- Dylan Minnette (2018-Present) – Lydia Night is dating actor Dylan Minnette. The lovebirds tend to often post photos of them together on their respective social media accounts particularly on Instagram.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of American descent.
She often tends to dye her hair ‘dark brown’.
- Plump Lips
- Small Face
Lydia Night Facts
- She started performing live at the age of 2 during which she sang the Ramones’ song Beat on the Brat for the soundtrack at her father’s nightclub in New Orleans.
- When she was 7 years old, she formed her first band LILA which stood for “Little Independent Loving Artists” and performed at school events as well as in McCabe’s guitar shop situated in Santa Monica.
- In 2012, she founded the pop-rock band Pretty Little Demons alongside drummer and fellow musician Marlhy Murphy. In 2013, they performed South by Southwest and became the youngest musicians to perform at the festival. Night’s performance caught the attention of actor and musician Ryan Gosling who eventually asked her to join his band Dead Man’s Bones.
- Her band Pretty Little Demons released its debut EP titled Flowers in 2013. This was followed by an album titled Unknown Species that came into view in 2014.
- In 2015, Night and Murphy renamed their band from Pretty Little Demons to The Regrettes, dropping their four-track EP in October which they named Hey! accompanied by a music video for the song track Hey Now!. Shortly after Murphy exited from the band, the former Genessa members, Genessa Gariano, Sage Chavis, and Maxx Morando were signed on. With this new line-up, the band dropped their debut album Feel Your Feelings Fool! on January 13, 2017, which was then followed by another EP in 2018 titled Attention Seeker.
- On December 13, 2018, Night featured on Gerard Way‘s Christmas song Dasher.
- Night acknowledged influences from artists including The Crystals, Lesley Gore, Bikini Kill, Patsy Cline, 7 Year B*tch, L7, Diana Ross, The Marvelettes, and Four Tops.
- On April 8, 2019, she was featured on Morrissey’s cover of Wedding Bell Blues alongside Billie Joe Armstrong.
- On June 18, 2019, The Regrettes announced its sophomore studio album How Do You Love?.
Featured Image by Lydia Night / Instagram