|Bishop Briggs Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7.5 in|
|Date of Birth||July 18, 1992|
Bishop Briggs is a British musician, singer, and songwriter who rose to fame following the release of her single River on January 22, 2016, which was quick to make its rounds in various music charts including the US Alternative chart where it peaked to no. 3.
Sarah Grace McLaughlin
London, England, United Kingdom
Los Angeles, California, United States
She graduated from Hong Kong International School and later moved to Los Angeles where she attended Musicians Institute.
Musician, Singer, Songwriter
Bishop Briggs is represented by Paradigm Talent Agency, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
Indie Rock, Indie Pop, Alternative Rock, Electronic, Folk, Soul
Vocals, Piano, Keyboards
5 ft 7.5 in or 171.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She has Scottish ancestry.
- Small Face
- Plump Lips
Bishop Briggs Facts
- At the age of 4, she moved to Tokyo with her family. At a Tokyo karaoke bar, she performed in public for the first time and realized that she wanted to be a performer. Growing up with Tokyo’s bar traditions and music ranging from Motown musicians to The Beatles, fueled her interest to pursue a career in music.
- At the age of 7, Briggs started writing her own songs, all of which she used to perform in front of her family. When she was 10 years old, she relocated to Hong Kong and lived there until she was 18 years old. Throughout her youth, she persistently pursued music and participated in numerous school talent shows and performances.
- After relocating to Los Angeles, she wrote and played around the city in any venue she could possibly go to. Later on, she finally had the chance to record her first single Wild Horses in July 2015. In that same year, her single became a chart-topper and eventually reached the top 30 on the Billboard Alternative Songs chart and top 13 on the Billboard Twitter Emerging Artist charts.
- In January 2016, she released another single called River which turned out to be a commercial success, peaking to no. 1 on Hype Machine’s Popular charts and on Spotify’s US Viral 50 and #2 on the Global Viral 50. The single also received an honorable mention on Shazam’s predicted “Songs of Summer 2016” list, which was featured in Billboard.
- She made her television show debut on August 1, 2016, during which she performed her topnotch single River on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.
- In December 2016, an official video for her 2015 song, Wild Horses was re-released through W Magazine.
- She opened on the main stage at the 2017 Panorama Festival in New York City and played Coachella 2017.
- Briggs contributed to the soundtrack of the 2017 film xXx: Return of Xander Cage with her song Mercy.
- Briggs was featured in Cold War Kids’ song So Tied Up, which was released in March 2017.
- In April 2017, her self-titled EP was re-released digitally, featuring 4 songs released on the vinyl EP and 2 previously unreleased songs, Dark Side and The Fire.
- She frequently uses the piano as her main tool when writing songs.
- In October 2019, she released 3 songs titled Champion, Tattooed On My Heart, and Jekyll & Hide as singles from her 2nd studio album, Champion. In November 2019, Briggs released the song Someone Else as part of the album which was officially released on November 8.
Featured Image by Justin Higuchi / Flickr / CC BY 2.0