|Avril Lavigne Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||September 27, 1984|
Avril Lavigne is a Canadian singer, songwriter, actress, designer, and philanthropist who released her debut studio album, Let Go, in 2002 and it became the best-selling album of the 21st century by a Canadian artist. Since then, she has also released albums like Under My Skin, Goodbye Lullaby, Head Above Water, Avril Lavigne, and The Best Damn Thing, and has been considered a key musician in the development of pop-punk music.
Avril Ramona Lavigne
Avie, Av, Abbie (given by her dad), Abbey Dawn
Belleville, Ontario, Canada
She never enjoyed being in school. She was also kicked out sometimes for misbehaving. She dropped out of high school after 11th grade when she grasped a record deal.
Singer-songwriter, Fashion Designer
- Father – Jean-Claude Joseph Lavigne
- Mother – Judith-Rosanne “Judy”
- Siblings – Matthew (Older Brother), Michelle (Younger Sister)
- Others – Joseph-Charles Yves-Maurice Lavigne (Paternal Grandfather), Lucie Dzierzbicki/Dzierbicki (Paternal Grandmother), William John Loshaw (Maternal Grandfather), Ramona Luella Bartman (Maternal Grandmother)
She has been repped by Vector Management, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
Pop punk, pop-rock, power pop
Vocals, guitar, piano, drums
5 ft 1 in or 155 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Avril Lavigne has dated –
- Blake Thompson (1999-2001)
- Jim Bakely (2001-2002)
- Matt Gould (2001) – It was RUMORed that she hooked up with American television personality Matt Gould in 2001.
- Evan Taubenfeld (2002) – RUMOR
- Jesse Colburn (April 2002-November 2003) – Jesse Colburn, an accomplished guitarist dated Avril Lavigne from 2002 to 2003. He was also a bandmate of her from this time. During that time, the two of them were hot and heavy. Their relationship saw an end at the end of 2003.
- Deryck Whibley (2003-2010) – Canadian musician and lead singer and guitarist for the band “Sum 41”, Deryck became friends in 2001 (When Avril was 17). Soon, this friendship converted to dating in 2003 when they were seen getting close to each other. He proposed to her on June 27, 2005, on a trip to Venice, Italy. Their marriage was held on July 15, 2006. But, unfortunately, this relationship also saw an end. Lavigne filed for divorce on September 17, 2009, which was finalized on November 16, 2010.
- Mitch Allan (2003) – In November 2003, she was RUMORed to have had an affair with American record producer, songwriter, and musician Mitch Allan.
- Doug Robb (2004) – Avril was RUMORed to have had an encounter with American singer Doug Robb in September 2004.
- Brandon Davis (2008) – Actor Brandon Davis and Avril were RUMORed to have hooked up in December 2008.
- Wilmer Valderrama (October 2009-January 2010) – They both had a fling together at the end of 2009. Their bonding lasted just 2 months.
- Andrew Levitas (2009) – In December 2009, it was speculated that she had an affair with Andrew Levitas, an American painter, sculptor, filmmaker, writer, producer, photographer, restaurateur, and actor.
- Justin Murdock (October 2009-February 2010) – Avril was rumored to be dating Dole company heir, Justin Murdock. They also went to Hawaii together, but things didn’t work out.
- Brody Jenner (February 2010-January 2012) – American TV personality, Brody Jenner dated Lavigne for 2 years. In the starting, the couple did not like to be photographed and showed off their matching tattoos. The romance ended in early 2012.
- Marilyn Manson (2012) – In the year 2012, she was RUMORed to have had a fling with Marilyn Manson.
- Chad Kroeger (2012-2015) – After splitting with Brody Jenner, she quietly began dating the frontman of the band, Nickelback in February 2012. Together, they wrote the lyrics of a song for Avril’s 5th album and things changed. She announced her engagement with Chad in August 2012. On July 1, 2013, the couple married each other. Chad is 10 years older than Avril. They separated in 2015.
- Ryan Cabrera (2015-2017) – It was RUMORed that she had an affair with American musician Ryan Cabrera between 2015 and 2017.
- J.R. Rotem (2017-2018) – She had a short-termed romance with American actor J.R. Rotem from August 2017 to May 2018.
- Phillip Sarofim (2018-2019) – In 2018, she began dating American business professional Phillip Sarofim but the duo parted ways the following year in November.
- Pete Jonas (2019) – She was RUMORed to have had an encounter with Pete Jonas in November 2019.
- Mod Sun (2021-Present) – After collaborating on the song Flames in January 2021, singers Mod Sun and Avril were rumored to be dating each other. The rumors got more grip after Mod Sun was found with the tattoo of Avril’s name on the back of his neck.
Race / Ethnicity
Avril has French-Canadian and Polish ancestry on her father’s side while she is of English, Irish, and Scottish descent on her mother’s side.
She prefers to dye her hair ‘Dark Brown’.
Blue with a hint of green
- Small height
34-24-32 in or 86-61-81 cm
She signed an endorsement deal with Canon Canada in 2008 to promote their Rebel digital SLR cameras and ELPH compact point and shoot cameras.
Best Known For
She got much attention after getting her single “Girlfriend” at no. 1 position at U.S. Billboard Hot 100. Some of her other singles, which got worldwide attention are – Complicated, Sk8er Boi, I’m with You, My Happy Ending, Nobody’s Home.
Lavigne’s debut album was “Let Go” released on June 4, 2002. It consists of 13 tracks plus 1 Japanese bonus track, making a total of 14 tracks. The total length of the album songs is exactly 48:41 minutes. It was certified as Diamond in Canada, 7x Platinum in Australia, 6x Platinum in the US, etc.
Canadian teen/comedy film, released in 2004, named Going the Distance. She had a cameo role in this film, as she sang a song titled “Losing Grip” from her debut album “Let Go”.
First TV Show
Avril appeared on the American sitcom Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, based on the Archie comic book series of the same name. She had a cameo role as herself in 2002. She featured the song “Sk8er Boi” (no. 1 single worldwide) in that show.
Gregory Joujon-Roche has worked with Avril Lavigne who says that always focus on yourself. She insists on doing only those things which can make an individual full of joy. But, this doesn’t mean that Lavigne would not focus on her workouts and diets. Earlier, she indulged herself in junk food mostly and destroyed her body shape. Now, she still eats pastries and other fast food but only occasionally, and mainly intakes proteins, fiber, vitamins in the form of vegetables, eggs, low-calorie fruits, etc.
Avril Lavigne Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Pizza
- Favorite Colors – Black, and red
- Favorite Song – Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls
- Favorite Band – Goo Goo Dolls, Third Eye Blind
Avril Lavigne Facts
- Avril started singing church songs with her mother at the age of 2.
- ‘Avril’ is a French word for the English word ‘April’.
- Her name was kept by her father.
- Avril has 1 pet – a dog named, Sam of Miniature Schnauzer breed.
- She was always supported by her parents for her singing career. Though, she didn’t pay much attention to school and was also dropped out of high school.
- She has 2 siblings and is the second child out of 3 children.
- Her favorite food is pizza and her favorite pizza topping is olives.
- Avril was originally pursuing a career in folk and country music. But, shifted to rock due to a bright scope in this field of music.
- Lavigne was featured in the 2003 game – The Sims: Superstar, as a non-playable celebrity.
- She launched the clothing line Abbey Dawn in July 2008. The brand’s exclusive U.S. retailer is Kohl’s.
- Abbey Dawn is Lavigne’s childhood nickname, which is designed by herself.
- The designs have also been featured on the Internet game – Stardoll.
- In June 2021, Avril had officially joined TikTok.
- Her first TikTok post was with skateboarder Tony Hawk which had gone viral.