|Avril Lavigne Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||September 27, 1984|
Avril Lavigne is a Canadian singer, songwriter, actress, designer, and philanthropist who released her debut studio album, Let Go, in 2002 and it became the best-selling album of the 21st century by a Canadian artist. Since then, she has also released albums like Under My Skin, Goodbye Lullaby, Head Above Water, Avril Lavigne, and The Best Damn Thing, and has been considered a key musician in the development of pop-punk music.
Avril Ramona Lavigne
Avie, Av, Abbie (given by her dad), Abbey Dawn
Belleville, Ontario, Canada
She never enjoyed being in school. She was also kicked out sometimes for misbehaving. She dropped out of high school after 11th grade when she grasped a record deal.
Singer-songwriter, Fashion Designer
- Father – Jean-Claude Joseph Lavigne
- Mother – Judith-Rosanne “Judy”
- Siblings – Matthew (Older Brother), Michelle (Younger Sister)
- Others – Joseph-Charles Yves-Maurice Lavigne (Paternal Grandfather), Lucie Dzierzbicki/Dzierbicki (Paternal Grandmother), William John Loshaw (Maternal Grandfather), Ramona Luella Bartman (Maternal Grandmother)
She has been repped by Vector Management, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
Pop punk, pop-rock, power pop
Vocals, guitar, piano, drums, bass
5 ft 1 in or 155 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Avril Lavigne has dated –
- Blake Thompson (1999-2001)
- Jim Bakely (2001-2002)
- Matt Gould (2001) – It was RUMORed that she hooked up with American television personality Matt Gould in 2001.
- Evan Taubenfeld (2002) – RUMOR
- Jesse Colburn (April 2002-November 2003) – Jesse Colburn, an accomplished guitarist dated Avril Lavigne from 2002 to 2003. He was also a bandmate of her from this time. During that time, the two of them were hot and heavy. Their relationship saw an end at the end of 2003.
- Deryck Whibley (2003-2010) – Canadian musician and lead singer and guitarist for the band “Sum 41”, Deryck became friends in 2001 (When Avril was 17). Soon, this friendship converted to dating in 2003 when they were seen getting close to each other. He proposed to her on June 27, 2005, on a trip to Venice, Italy. Their marriage was held on July 15, 2006. But, unfortunately, this relationship also saw an end. Lavigne filed for divorce on September 17, 2009, which was finalized on November 16, 2010.
- Mitch Allan (2003) – In November 2003, she was RUMORed to have had an affair with American record producer, songwriter, and musician Mitch Allan.
- Doug Robb (2004) – Avril was RUMORed to have had an encounter with American singer Doug Robb in September 2004.
- Brandon Davis (2008) – Actor Brandon Davis and Avril were RUMORed to have hooked up in December 2008.
- Wilmer Valderrama (October 2009-January 2010) – They both had a fling together at the end of 2009. Their bonding lasted just 2 months.
- Andrew Levitas (2009) – In December 2009, it was speculated that she had an affair with Andrew Levitas, an American painter, sculptor, filmmaker, writer, producer, photographer, restaurateur, and actor.
- Justin Murdock (October 2009-February 2010) – Avril was rumored to be dating Dole company heir, Justin Murdock. They also went to Hawaii together, but things didn’t work out.
- Brody Jenner (February 2010-January 2012) – American TV personality, Brody Jenner dated Lavigne for 2 years. In the starting, the couple did not like to be photographed and showed off their matching tattoos. The romance ended in early 2012.
- Marilyn Manson (2012) – In the year 2012, she was RUMORed to have had a fling with Marilyn Manson.
- Chad Kroeger (2012-2015) – After splitting with Brody Jenner, she quietly began dating the frontman of the band, Nickelback in February 2012. Together, they wrote the lyrics of a song for Avril’s 5th album and things changed. She announced her engagement with Chad in August 2012. On July 1, 2013, the couple married each other. Chad is 10 years older than Avril. They separated in 2015.
- Ryan Cabrera (2015-2017) – It was RUMORed that she had an affair with American musician Ryan Cabrera between 2015 and 2017.
- J.R. Rotem (2017-2018) – She had a short-termed romance with American actor J.R. Rotem from August 2017 to May 2018.
- Phillip Sarofim (2018-2019) – In 2018, she began dating American business professional Phillip Sarofim but the duo parted ways the following year in November.
- Pete Jonas (2019) – She was RUMORed to have had an encounter with Pete Jonas in November 2019.
- Mod Sun (2021-2023) – After collaborating on the song Flames in January 2021, singers Mod Sun and Avril were rumored to be dating each other. The rumors got more grip after Mod Sun was found with the tattoo of Avril’s name on the back of his neck. The couple got engaged on March 27, 2022, in Paris. In February 2023, it was reported that they had ended their engagement.
- Tyga (2023-Present) – In March 2023, Avril was rumored to be dating rapper Tyga after they were seen together in Paris. Later that month, the couple seemingly confirmed their relationship by sharing a kiss during Paris Fashion Week. In March 2023, it was reported that Tyga had gifted an $80,000 diamond necklace to Avril.
Race / Ethnicity
Avril has French-Canadian and Polish ancestry on her father’s side while she is of English, Irish, and Scottish descent on her mother’s side.
She prefers to dye her hair ‘Dark Brown’.
- Small height
34-24-32 in or 86-61-81 cm
She signed an endorsement deal with Canon Canada in 2008 to promote their Rebel digital SLR cameras and ELPH compact point-and-shoot cameras.
Best Known For
She got much attention after getting her single “Girlfriend” at no. 1 position at U.S. Billboard Hot 100. Some of her other singles, which got worldwide attention are – Complicated, Sk8er Boi, I’m with You, My Happy Ending, Nobody’s Home.
Lavigne’s debut album was “Let Go” released on June 4, 2002. It consists of 13 tracks plus 1 Japanese bonus track, making a total of 14 tracks. The total length of the album songs is exactly 48:41 minutes. It was certified as Diamond in Canada, 7x Platinum in Australia, 6x Platinum in the US, etc.
Canadian teen/comedy film, released in 2004, named Going the Distance. She had a cameo role in this film, as she sang a song titled “Losing Grip” from her debut album “Let Go”.
First TV Show
Avril appeared on the American sitcom Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, based on the Archie comic book series of the same name. She had a cameo role as herself in 2002. She featured the song “Sk8er Boi” (no. 1 single worldwide) in that show.
Gregory Joujon-Roche has worked with Avril Lavigne who says that always focus on yourself. She insists on doing only those things which can make an individual full of joy. But, this doesn’t mean that Lavigne would not focus on her workouts and diets.
Earlier, she indulged herself in junk food mostly and destroyed her body shape. Now, she still eats pastries and other fast food but only occasionally, and mainly intakes proteins, fiber, vitamins in the form of vegetables, eggs, low-calorie fruits, etc.
Overall, she keeps her diet sugar-free, yeast-free, dairy-free, and gluten-free and eats organic food.
Avril Lavigne Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Pizza
- Favorite Restaurant – La Pizzeria in Napanee, Ontario
- Favorite Colors – Black and Red
- Favorite Song – Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls
- Favorite Band – Goo Goo Dolls, Third Eye Blind
- Favorite Cheat Day Food – Poutine (It’s a Canadian dish that is melted curd cheese on french fries with gravy)
- Favorite Holiday – Christmas
- Favorite Music – Christmas Music
- Favorite Place To Travel – Japan
Source – Us Magazine
Avril Lavigne Facts
- Avril started singing church songs with her mother at the age of 2.
- ‘Avril’ is a French word for the English word ‘April’.
- Her name was kept by her father.
- Avril has 1 pet – a dog named, Sam of Miniature Schnauzer breed.
- She was always supported by her parents for her singing career. Though, she didn’t pay much attention to school and was also dropped out of high school.
- She has 2 siblings and is the second child out of 3 children.
- Her favorite food is pizza and her favorite pizza topping is olives.
- She also has a pizza named after her.
- She has a free lifetime pizza offer from her favorite La Pizzeria in her hometown of Napanee, Ontario.
- Avril was originally pursuing a career in folk and country music. But, shifted to rock due to a bright scope in this field of music.
- Lavigne was featured in the 2003 game – The Sims: Superstar, as a non-playable celebrity.
- She launched the clothing line Abbey Dawn in July 2008. The brand’s exclusive U.S. retailer is Kohl’s.
- Abbey Dawn is Lavigne’s childhood nickname, which is designed by herself.
- The designs have also been featured on the Internet game – Stardoll.
- In June 2021, Avril had officially joined TikTok.
- Her first TikTok post was with skateboarder Tony Hawk which had gone viral.
- In 2021, Avril was ranked #44 in the list of “50 Most Influential People on Twitter” as per Brandwatch Consumer Research. Taylor Swift was ranked #1.
- In November 2021, Avril released her new song titled Bite Me.
- In January 2022, Avril released a new song titled Love It When You Hate Me. The song is from her album, Love Sux, which was later released in February 2022.
- If a biopic is made on her life, Avril would like Kristen Stewart to play her role.
- In August 2022, Avril was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Avril has dyed her hair to almost every color of the rainbow in the past.
- In 2012, she relocated to France by herself in order to learn French. She didn’t know anyone there.
- In 2010, she started Avril Lavigne Foundation.
- Avril has shown her desire to have a teacup dog one day.
- She loves painting and art.
- Avril has established a recording studio at her home.
- Her older brother is her idol.
- Avril enjoys watching chick flicks and romantic comedies.
- In April 2015, she revealed that she was diagnosed with Lyme disease which happened because of an insect bite.
- Avril actually has a French passport.
- She loves doing yoga and meditation.
- Lavigne is a vegan or a vegetarian.
- Avril likes cooking gourmet dishes.
- She is also passionate about fashion design, art, and acting.
- In 2023, Avril listed her 3,455 square feet house in Malibu for $12 million.
Avril is such a gorgeous woman.
I’m 150cm, i’m 10 and I’m a girl.
sorry for my tallness.
you look so fashion and dresses.
she is so wonderfull,not too tall i think more cute
I kind of like pizza.
Who said anything about pizza?
I’m 4″9 and almost 10.
I’m 15 and 5’10 sorry Avril ily
But I’m sure you are not as trimmed as she is
Ohhhhh my good!!!!!!
I’m 12 yers old and i am 164 cm !!!
And my doctor say “you don’t grow anymore”
I’m 15 this year and I’m 6’1 … Sry Avril but I still love you 🙂
u r so beautiful i love u
U r beautiful
Iam 12,and my height is 155cm…I thought she was tall..But I don’t care!!Iam still her fan!!Love you somuch Avril!!I wish to be taller than that..
omg i am just like her , my fav color is black or red and i luv pizza! im 11 and i am around 5 foot 0
yehey! Im 5 feet and 2 1/2 inches. Not bad, its still close to Ms. Avril’s height. :)) Im a fan of yours. Phillippines. :)))))))))
OMG I am 11 n my height is 157
I’m one inch shorter than she is and I’m 13…
STOP SAYING HOW TALL YOU AND HOW OLD YOU ARE! NOBODY GIVES A DAMN!!!!
Why do you people comment your age and height then say “sorry Avril. I still love you” as if her height has any influence in your decision to like her. Human stupidity is astonishing nowadays.
that is so true she is amazing even if shes short height and age dose not matter
Well maybe because they are all silly little kids, all there ages are in between 9-15 if you pay attention, seriously calm down
i m 13 and my height is 5’4
Seriously. Nobody gives a sh*t about how old you are and how tall you are. Get a goddamn life, losers.
seriously, nobody cares about what you think of their lifes. I mean, if you are so lonely and pathetic that you have to tell people that their lifes suck, you have an damn bad life. And you should find yourself a damn hobby…LOSER
Im 11 and my height is 150cm and i love avril so much. Avril is beautiful
I’m 13 years old and I am 1,72. I always thought Avril Lavigne was roundabout the same height as me. Well, not. But that doesn’t mean she’s not incredibly talented!!!
I love u Avril…..u r so cute.height is not matter..u r so talented..love u my sweet avie
Well, I’m 16 and 180 cm tall ;P
Avril is such a wonderful lady. The one and only idol whom i love so damn much more than anything in this world
I love Avril!!! I’ve literally been a fan since I was 4 🙂 and i’m 15 and 5 feet 6 in.
I always thought she was taller oh well still love her <3
Avril is my best best best singer I love Avril shes incredible she’s my first best song that means the epic one I wish I see Avril in England but she’s from canida oh well if I see her ill be telling all my friends so Avril gets more popular
..hi to everyone..so look so hot avril thats why im one of your pans..wre the same eye avril..i like you..ever..you look so wonderfull and cute..
COOL! Soooowww cute and pretty:-)
My body measurements are 34/19/32 and arnd 5’3 16yrs i thght ur tall bt still ily nd all ur songs
ive listen to all your songs you are so amazing and your really beautiful and dont lisen to this people that are saying how tall they are and there age height and age dose not matter
One more distinctive feature. She is very tomboyish ??➡️??
Ha, I’m a guy and only 5’5″ 109 pounds. Avril’s got a pound on me! oh 31 YO!
I grew up listening to this woman’s songs. She’s absolutely gorgeous, she was my crush. She still kind of is. I love her!
156 ㎝ / 47 ㎏ / B type
weight: 47 kg
avril and mod sun should do a song together. that would be so awesome
Between Blue and Green Eyes
I think more close to Green than Blue
Green 70 % Blue 30 %
I”m a few inches taller but Avril does outweigh me according to this. Hmmmm Avril could probably KMA pretty easily!