|Mod Sun Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5½ in|
|Date of Birth||March 10, 1987|
Mod Sun is an American rapper who rose to fame after his debut album titled Look Up with Rostrum Records released in 2015 and went on to be the number 1 on the Billboard Chart. He was a drummer for the band Four Letter Lie from 2004-2009 and then, later on, went on to join Scary Kids Scaring Kids from 2009 to 2010. His style of music is unique and is called Hippy Hop. He has released numerous mixtapes, extended plays, studio albums, and singles.
Mod had dated Bella Thorne and both of them performed on a lot of shows together before splitting apart in 2019. He has collaborated with various artists like ScHoolboy Q, Nipsey Hussle, and G-Eazy. He was one of those 16 independent artists from around the world who competed for the cover of Rolling Stone in 2011. Mod believes that nowadays everyone is caught up with the negativity of the media and hence considers his music to be a refreshing one to relieve them of it.
Bloomington, Minnesota, United States
Woodland Hills, Los Angeles, California, United States
Mod Sun attended the Thomas Jefferson High School in Bloomington, Minnesota but had to keep relocating due to his mother’s job.
Musician, Songwriter, Author, Poet
- Mother – Deb Smith
- Siblings – Danielle Smith (Sister)
Mod Sun is managed by –
- Andrew Lieber (Booking Agent)
- Danielle Smith (Publicist)
Alternative, Hip Hop, Post-Hardcore, Emo
Vocals, Guitar, Piano, Drums
Currently, he is independent.
5 ft 5½ in or 166.5 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mod Sun has dated-
- Bella Thorne (2017-2019) – Mod and actress and singer Bella started dating in October 2017. Bella was also in an open relationship with Tana Mongeau, a YouTuber while she was dating Mod. A video that surfaced on social media showed that Mod and Bella had been married but none of them confirmed the same. They split in April 2019 and Bella herself posted a picture with the caption “I will always love you. All good things must come to an end” on her Instagram. Later on, they were also involved in an ugly battle on Twitter.
- Demi Lovato (2020) – Rumor
- Avril Lavigne (2021-Present) – After working together in the song Flames in January 2021, singers Avril Lavigne and Mod were rumored to be dating each other. In February 2021, Mod was spotted having a permanent tattoo of Avril’s name on the back of his neck which gave more support to the dating rumors. Mod and Avril got engaged on March 27, 2022, in Paris.
Race / Ethnicity
- Long hair
- His entire body is covered with tattoos.
- Mod Sun endorses his own merchandise and clothing store.
- He has also endorsed brands such as SUPRA Footwear.
Best Known For
His debut album with Rostrum Record titled Look Up in 2015 that went onto be the number 1 album on the Billboard Top Heatseekers chart
Mod Sun released his first album titled Look Up with Rostrum Records in 2015.
First Web Show
He made his first web show appearance on the Netflix series, Cooking on High in 2018.
Mod Sun Facts
- He has his own merchandise brand.
- His parents divorced when he was young.
- He was a part of several bands before becoming an independent artist.
- Before rising to fame, he was homeless and lived on beaches.
- He is an accomplished writer and has released a non-fiction book titled Did I Ever Wake up? in 2012 along with 2 poetry books titled My Dear Pink and So Long Los Angeles in the year 2015 and 2018 respectively.
- He has never cut his hair short since his childhood.
- Mod wrote his first song at the age of 19.
- He was the first person to introduce the term “Hippy Hop”.
- Mod released his first single titled Need That in 2010.
- His name Mod Sun is an acronym for “Movement on Dreams, Stand under None”.
- He has a YouTube subscriber base of more than 300k and his Instagram followers are more than 700k.
Featured Image by Mod Sun / Instagram