Ermias Davidson Asghedom
Nipsey was born on August 15, 1985.
Nipsey was killed on March 31, 2019, in South Los Angeles, California in the parking lot of his store, Marathon Clothing. He was 33 at the time of death.
Los Angeles, California, United States
Nipsey Hussle dropped out of high school at the age of around 15 or 16. He later took classes in a community college in West Los Angeles. He studied English, psychology, and philosophy.
- Father – His father migrated to the United States from Eritrea.
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Samiel Asghedom (Brother)
Nipsey Hussle was represented by The Marathon Agency.
All Money In, Cinematic Music Group, Epic Records
6 ft 3 in or 191 cm
81 kg or 179 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Nipsey Hussle had dated
- Lauren London (2013-2019) – Nipsey started going out with actress and model Lauren London in 2013. Nispey and Lauren had largely kept their relationship firmly out of the spotlight and barring a couple of occasions, were rarely seen together in the public. In the summer of 2016, it was rumored that they had broken up. However, Nipsey quickly released his statement to refute such rumors. In August, he tweeted that they were still solid. In late August 2016, she gave birth to a baby boy. Lauren had given birth to her first son Cameron Carter in 2009. She was in a relationship with rapper Lil Wayne at that time. Nipsey also had a daughter named, Emani from his previous relationship. They were together at the time of Nipsey’s death in March 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
On his father’s side, he was of Eritrean descent. While, on his mother’s side, he had African American ancestry.
- His flamboyant hairstyles
- Thick eyebrows
- Loves wearing flashy chains
He was speculated to be wearing a shoe of size 12 (US).
Nipsey Hussle (alongside Serena Williams) had appeared in a TV commercial for Beats Color.
He had also promoted these brands –
- Beats By Dre
- Elite Human Hair
- Lace Me Up
Best Known For
- The popularity of his Bullets Ain’t Got No Name series, which was released in three mixtape installments.
- Having collaborated with popular rappers such as Snoop Dogg, Rick Ross, and YG.
In December 2005, Nipsey released his debut mixtape, Slauson Boy.
His debut studio album Victory Lap was released in 2017.
In 2007, Nipsey made his first theatrical film appearance in the supporting role in the music drama movie, I Tried.
First TV Show
In 2013, Nipsey made his TV show debut as himself in the music talk show, GGN: Snoop Dogg’s Double G News Network.
Nipsey Hussle Favorite Things
- Books – Contagious by Jonah Berger, The Immutable Laws of Marketing by Al Ries and Jack Trout
Source – The Source
Nipsey Hussle Facts
- He had to drop out of high school after he was accused of breaking into the computer lab. Over the years, he had maintained that he was innocent.
- After dropping out of high school, he got involved in petty crimes and for his troubles was put in the juvenile program through the Lennox Sheriff department.
- In his teens, he was a member of the Rollin 60s Neighborhood Crips gang. However, he decided to leave them after a period of time.
- In 2013, he decided to price his mixtape Crenshaw at $100 a piece. He had only put 1,000 copies on sale and managed to sell all of them with Jay-Z buying 100 copies.
- He was forced to go independent due to his clause with Epic Records. After he left them in 2010, they had made it legally mandatory for him to give 5 percent of his earnings to them if he signed with any record label before the end of 2013.
- He had launched his clothing range under the label of ‘The Marathon Clothing’. In June 2017, he opened an exclusive store in his native Los Angeles.
- In August 2014, he was arrested by the Los Angeles authorities after a raid at Slauson Avenue Clothing. He was arrested for obstructing a police officer as he was reported to be interfering with an arrest.
- He collaborated with the rapper YG to release single FDT (F*ck Donald Trump), which obviously created a huge controversy.
- He owned a quarter of the record label ‘All Money In No Money Out’. The rest of the equity was divided between his brother and friends Adam Andhban and Steven Donaldson.
- In March 2011, he got into an altercation with former manager Eugene “Big U” Henley. Henley attacked him and to defend Nipsey, his brother had to pull out a weapon and fire in the air, which led to his arrest by LAPD.
- Nipsey can be followed on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Myspace, and Soundcloud.
Featured Image by Soundtrack Beat Battle / Wikimedia / CC BY 2.5