|Sofia Samodurova Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||July 30, 2002|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Sofia Samodurova is a Russian figure skater who rose to prominence in 2019 by winning both the European Championships held in Minsk and the CS Ice Star Championship. This was in continuation of the hot form that she had displayed in the previous 2 years where she had won the ‘Silver’ medal at the 2018 Rostelecom Cup, the ‘Silver’ medal at the 2018 CS Lombardia Trophy, and the ‘Bronze’ medal at the 2018 Skate America championship. At the junior level, she had excelled by winning both the 2017 ISU Junior Grand Prix Croatia and the 2017 ISU Junior Grand Prix Italy events as well as finishing as a runner-up at the NRW Trophy in the 2015-16 season. As of July 2020, at the age of just 17, she was ranked at a remarkable number 10 in the International Skating Union (ISU) rankings for ladies’ singles skaters, which had been updated following the completion of the 2019-20 figure skating season. In 2019, she had also represented Russia at the ISU World Team Trophy in Figure Skating event and clinched the overall ‘Bronze’ medal in the combined team standings.
Sofia Vyacheslavovna Samodurova
Krasnoyarsk, Krasnoyarsk Krai, Siberia, Russia
Saint Petersburg, Russia
As of July 2020, Sofia was a high-school graduate.
- Siblings – She has a sister.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
51 kg or 112.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Russian descent.
- Toned physique
- Shoulder-length, straight hair
- Affable smile
- Radiant face
- Has a tattoo on her left side
- Has a mole on her upper lip and another between her eyebrows
Sofia Samodurova Favorite Things
- Hobbies/Interests – Singing, Watching TV Series, Shopping, Reading
- Sportsperson – Martin Fourcade
- Music Genre – Rap
- Writer – Agatha Christie
- Book/Movie Genre – Mystery Thriller
Sofia Samodurova Facts
- Sofia’s family had moved to the city of Saint Petersburg in 2007 when she was 5 years old. It was at this time that she began getting trained in the art of figure skating, which by her own admission, was a little too late to start.
- Her first major competitive event was the 2015 Russian Junior Championships where she had finished in 16th place. She had improved dramatically over the next 12 months or so and had claimed 6th place in the subsequent edition of the championship, in 2016.
- The same year, she made her ISU Junior Grand Prix (JGP) debut in Yokohama, Japan, and finished a creditable 4th. She also made her senior nationals debut that year by participating in the Russian Championship in December 2016 and finished in 9th place. She was not due to compete but had been called in as a reserve replacement at the 11th hour due to an injury sustained by one of the listed gymnasts.
- Her rise to prominence in the Russian figure skating circles was cemented at the fag end of the 2016-17 season when she clinched the ‘Silver’ medal at the Triglav Trophy, an annual international figure skating competition held in Slovenia.
- She is adept at playing the piano.
Featured Image by Sofia Samodurova / Instagram