|Josh Radnor Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11.5 in|
|Date of Birth||July 29, 1974|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Josh Radnor is an acclaimed American actor, director, and musician who is best known for playing the lead role of Ted Mosby in the hit CBS sitcom, How I Met Your Mother (2005-2014).
Joshua Thomas Radnor
Columbus, Ohio, United States
- Hollywood Hills, Los Angeles, California, United States (Settled in Los Angeles in 2003)
- New York City, New York, United States
Radnor’s early high school education was in orthodox Jewish day schools and one of them was Columbus Torah Academy. He later attended Bexley High School and graduated in 1992. He is an alumnus of Thespian Troupe 2512 of that school.
Josh acquired his Bachelor’s degree in liberal arts from Kenyon College in Gambier, Ohio in 1996. During his undergraduate program, Josh was awarded the Paul Newman award that allowed him to study at Eugene O’Neill Theater Center for the spring semester of 1995.
Josh studied further for a Master’s degree in Fine Arts at New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts. In 1997, he also participated in a Jewish volunteering program called Livnot U’Lehibanot in Safed, Israel.
Actor, Director, Screenwriter, Musician
- Father – Alan T. Radnor (Medical Malpractice Lawyer)
- Mother – Carol Radnor née Hirsch (Elementary School Teacher, High School Guidance Counselor)
- Siblings – Melanie Radnor (Older Sister), Joanna Radnor Vilensky (Younger Sister) (Teacher)
- Others – Robert Clarence Radnor (Paternal Grandfather), Rose Faye Chester (Paternal Grandmother), Charles B. Hirsch (Maternal Grandfather), Rose Altschuler (Maternal Grandmother)
Josh is represented by –
- United Talent Agency, (UTA)
- Gold Village Entertainment, New York City, New York, United States
- Blaire Preiss, B Company, Publicist, New York City, New York, United States
- Rachel Hurley, Baby Robot Media, Publicist, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Andrew Hurwitz, Frankfurt Kurnit Klein & Selz (Law Firm)
- Diggers Factory
- Gold VE
5 ft 11.5 in or 182 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Josh Radnor has dated –
Race / Ethnicity
He has Irish, English, and Polish ancestry.
- Guy next door personality
- Deep, somber voice
- Often maintains a beard in between work projects
He has also read about Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, and Christian spiritual traditions.
Josh Radnor Favorite Things
- Bands – Cloud Cult, Blind Pilot, Dr. Dog
- Movies – Tootsie (1982), The Breakfast Club (1985), Broadcast News (1987), Before Sunrise (1995), Before Sunset (2004)
- Filmmaker – Richard Linklater
- Director – Nicole Holofcener
- Foreign Film – The Lives of Others (German) (2006)
- TV Show – Girls (2012-2017), Orange is the new Black (2013–2019), Key & Peele (2012–2015)
- Jewish Holiday – Yom Kippur, Passover and revelry of Purim
- Guilty Pleasure – French Toast, Ice-cream
- Cuisine – Japanese, Italian, Chinese, Korean
- Life Philosophy – “Everything in moderation, including moderation.” – Oscar Wilde
- Advice – “Character doesn’t count in the short term; it counts in the long term.” By his father
- Drink – Club soda with lime (with or without bitters)
- Restaurants (NYC) – The Smith or PJ Clarke’s for a post-show bite, Shun Lee for Chinese, Parm for eggplant parm, and Marea for everything
- Acting Platform – Theatre
Josh Radnor Facts
- He claims to practice transcendental meditation.
- Josh is a registered democrat.
- The actor always leaves his house with a packet of Kleenex in his back pocket.
- He is an avid reader and consciously includes this activity in his daily routine.
- Radnor learned to play the guitar at the age of 43 to enhance his musical contribution to the band that he formed with Ben Lee in 2017 collectively called Radnor & Lee.
- The actor is very cautious with spending money and was the last cast member of How I Met Your Mother sitcom to buy a house. He prefers to spend money on travel experiences rather than material things. The only exception to this rule is that he likes to collect guitars.
- Josh gave up swearing in 2016 because he saw it as a ‘resonance of negativity.’
- Radnor does not drink coffee. Instead, he uses a yerba mate concoction for his daily caffeine kick.
- He is allergic to dogs.
- Radnor was not aware of Katy Perry’s music or her celebrity status when she made a cameo on How I Met Your Mother sitcom that shocked his co-star, Neil Patrick Harris.
- Ted was not the first choice to play Ted Mosby on the series How I Met Your Mother. Before Josh, it was also offered to Jason Biggs, since he turned down the offer, it was then played by Josh.
Featured Image by vagueonthehow / Flickr / CC BY-2.0