|Marisa Tomei Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4.5 in|
|Date of Birth||December 4, 1964|
Marisa Tomei is an Academy Award-winning American actress of Italian origin. Some of her notable roles include As the World Turns, A Different World, My Cousin Vinny, In The Bedroom, The Wrestler, What Women Want, Anger Management, Wild Hogs, Captain America: Civil War, Spider-Man: Homecoming, and Avengers: Endgame. She is also involved in theater works like Daughters, Wait Until Dark, Top Girls, and The Realistic Joneses. She studied for a year at Boston University. Marisa has a huge social media fan base with more than 800k followers on Instagram and more than 500 followers on Facebook.
Brooklyn, New York, United States
- New York City, New York, United States
- Los Angeles, California, United States
Marisa Tomei studied at the Andries Hudde Junior High School and passed out from Edward R. Murrow High School in 1982. Later, she joined Boston University for a year.
- Father – Gary A. Tomei (Trial Lawyer)
- Mother – Adelaide Tomei (English Teacher)
- Siblings – Adam Tomei (Younger Brother) (Actor)
- Others – Romeo Robert Tomei (Paternal Grandfather), Lindoro Tomei (Paternal Great Grandfather), Faustina Maria/Marie Lucchesi (Paternal Great Grandmother), Rita Albina Elvira Calvosa (Paternal Grandmother), Demetrio Carlo/Charles “Albert” Calvosa (Paternal Great Grandfather), Maria/Mary Preziozi/Preziosi/Prezioso (Paternal Great Grandmother), Armando Bianchi (Maternal Grandfather), Francesco Leopoldo Bianchi (Maternal Great Grandfather), Adelaide Maria Angiola Canovaro (Maternal Great Grandmother), Maria/Mary D’Ignoti (Maternal Grandmother), Giacomo “James” D’Ignoti (Maternal Great Grandmother)
Marisa Tomei is managed by –
- Bella Vida Productions, Own Company, New York City, New York, United States
- Shelter PR, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Untitled Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States
5 ft 4½ in or 164 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Marisa Tomei has dated –
- Robert Downey Jr. (1994) – In 1994, Marisa dated actor Robert Downey Jr. The two acted together in Chaplin (1992) and Only You (1994). However, they separated amicably. They were seen together onscreen again in Captain America: Civil War (2016) and Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017).
- Dana Ashbrook (1999) – In 1999, Marisa dated actor Dana Ashbrook.
- Frank Pugliese (2001-2004) – In 2001, Marisa began a relationship with Italian artistic director and television writer Frank Pugliese. Their relationship supposedly lasted till 2004.
- Christian Slater (2003) – In 2003, Marisa was linked to actor Christian Slater with whom she was cast together in Untamed Heart (1993).
- Lenny Kravitz (2004) – In 2004, Marisa was rumored to be dating singer, musician, and actor Lenny Kravitz. Lenny at that time was married to Marisa’s best friend Lisa Bonet and she was also the godmother of their children.
- Logan Marshall-Green (2008-2012) – In 2008, Marisa began a relationship with actor Logan Marshall-Green. At one point in their relationship, they were rumored to be engaged, but Marisa’s representative denied it. They dated for almost 4 years before breaking up in 2012.
- Josh Radnor (2014) – In 2014, Marisa briefly dated actor Josh Radnor.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Italian ancestry.
She often tends to highlight her hair.
- Soft facial features
- Bright, beautiful smile
- Slender figure
Marisa Tomei has appeared in the commercials for brands like Hanes (2005).
Best Known For
Her roles in films like My Cousin Vinny (1992) as Mona Lisa Vito, In The Bedroom (2001) as Natalie Strout, The Wrestler (2008) as Cassidy / Pam, What Women Want (2000) as Lola, Anger Management (2003) as Linda, Parental Guidance (2012) as Alice Simmons, and Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017) as May Parker
In 1984, she made her theatrical film debut in the horror film The Toxic Avenger as Health Club Girl. However, she was uncredited for her role.
In 1984, she made her formal theatrical film debut in the comedy-drama film The Flamingo Kid as Mandy.
In 2002, she made her debut as a voice actress in the animated adventure-comedy film The Wild Thornberrys Movie as Bree Blackburn.
First TV Show
In 1984, she made her first TV show appearance on the romantic-drama series As the World Turns as Marcy Thompson.
In 1996, she lent her voice in the creation of documentary series S*x, Censorship and the Silver Screen as the Quote Reader.
Marisa Tomei does not believe in maintaining a fixed schedule for workouts. Her physical activity involves walking on the treadmill, yoga, doing calisthenics or hiking from time to time. She does a lot of dance meditation for her spiritual, mental, and, physical wellbeing. She used to go for Pilates classes with Saul Choza at Winsor Pilates. While preparing for the film The Wrestler (2008), she trained with Key Son, who showed her new ways of working out with resistance bands.
As for her diet, she tries to indulge in local, seasonal, and organic foods. She usually begins her day with a cup of hot water and lemon, which is followed by protein-rich breakfast of boiled egg, drizzled with few drops of little olive oil or some fresh berries and granola with whole-milk yogurt. Marisa loves to keep high protein snacks handy.
Marisa Tomei Favorite Things
- Book – Shakti Woman by Vicki Noble
- Eyelash Curler – Shiseido eyelash curler
Source – Shape
Marisa Tomei Facts
- Her family is from Tuscany, Sicily, Campania, and Calabria.
- While in junior high school, she did a school production of How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying playing the character of Hedy LaRue.
- Marisa was one of the 12 actors included in John Willis’ Screen World, Vol. 43 lists of “Promising New Actors of 1991”.
- She has a small Egyptian Eye of Ra tattoo on her right foot.
- She told Entertainment Tonight before the 1993 Oscar ceremony that her biggest fear was tripping on the steps to the stage, and funnily the incident happened.
- Marisa has dual citizenship of the United States and Italy.
- Before taking up the role of the younger version of Aunt May in Captain America: Civil War (2016), she had never been a part of a sequel film.
- In 2009, People magazine included her in their list of “Most Beautiful People of the Year”.
- She and Lisa Bonet were actual roommates in real life even while playing roommates in the series A Different World (1987).
- In March 2004, she performed The Vag*na Monologues alongside Indian and Pakistani actresses on stage in Bombay in celebration of the International Women’s Day.
- The one beauty product she can’t live without is her eyelash curler.
- Whenever she travels, she wears her ‘onesie’ or jumpsuit, which she feels is perfect for long plane rides.
- She likes visiting flea markets in her visit to new cities.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by David Shankbone / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0