|Garcelle Beauvais Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||November 26, 1966|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Garcelle Beauvais is one of the most prominent Haitian actresses in Hollywood. She has managed to pave the way for racial diversity in Hollywood. She was a prominent model before becoming an actress on The Jamie Foxx Show and portraying the character of Francesca Monroe. Although the show didn’t receive rave reviews, it helped Garcelle bag the iconic role of Valerie in the crime drama NYPD Blue. She has a huge social media fan base with more than 500k followers on Instagram and more than 2 million followers on Facebook.
Los Angeles, California, United States
Garcelle Beauvais studied at North Miami Beach Senior High School and Norland High School.
- Father – Axel Jean Pierre (Lawyer)
- Mother – Marie-Claire Beauvais (Nurse)
- Siblings – She has 5 brothers and 2 sisters.
Innovative Artists manages Garcelle Beauvais.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Garcelle Beauvais has dated –
- Will Smith (1990-1991) – Garcelle started dating actor Will Smith in 1990. They dated for almost a year before breaking up in 1991.
- Daniel Saunders (1991-2001) – Garcelle bumped into producer Daniel Saunders during her modeling. The two instantly hit it off and began dating. The two tied the knot in 1991 and welcomed their son Oliver. Nearly a decade-long union came to a halt when they decided to split in 2001.
- Mike Nilon (2001-2010) – Love knocked on Garcelle’s door once again when she met Mike Nilon. The two decided to tie the knot on May 12, 2001. The two welcomed their twin sons Jax Joseph and Jaid Thomas Nilon on October 18, 2007. Their fairytale romance came to a halting end when Garcelle discovered that Mike was cheating on her for nearly 5 years in April 2010. She went public and released an email of her husband’s infidelity and eventually filed for divorce on May 10, 2010.
- Sean Penn (2011) – Garcelle was reportedly dating actor Sean Penn in 2011.
Race / Ethnicity
Garcelle has African-Haitian ancestry.
She has dyed her hair in different shades such as warm crimson.
- Her long legs
- Her smile
Garcelle has endorsed the following brands –
- Lerner New York Clothing Line
- Neiman Marcus
- Calvin Klein
- Isaac Mizrahi
- Jet June
Best Known For
Her portrayal of Francesca “Fancy” Monroe from 1996 to 2001 on the hit show The Jamie Foxx Show. She also had a pivotal role in the crime drama NYPD Blue (2001–2004) as Valerie Heywood.
Garcelle Beauvais made her theatrical film debut in the criminal horror mystery Manhunter as a Young Woman Housebuyer in 1986.
First TV Show
Garcelle Beauvais made her television show debut on the action crime drama show Miami Vice as Waitress in 1984.
Garcelle trains with her trainer Miguel Novo from Body Sculpt Studio. She attributes her sculpted lower back thanks to hamstring curls and resistance training exercises. Garcelle hits the gym and exercises regularly to stay fit even at this age.
Along with a rigorous workout, she ensures that she maintains as a well-balanced diet and loves to binge on cheat meals with her children once in a while.
Garcelle Beauvais Facts
- She is tri-lingual and can speak French, Creole, and English.
- She learned to converse in English by watching the children show Sesame Street on TV.
- Her parents divorced when Garcelle was young and soon Garcelle decided to shift base to the United States with her family.
- She has a pet dog named Bear.
- Garcelle revealed that she made a deal with her former co-star Jamie Foxx to not get romantically involved with each other.
- She is good friends with Hollywood legend Halle Berry. The two often hang out together over lunches and playdates.
- Garcelle Beauvais introduced her own children’s jewelry line called Petit Bijou in 2008.
- In December 2021, it was revealed that Garcelle had been tested positive for COVID-19.
Featured Image by Lloyd Klein / Flickr / CC BY-2.0