|Pell James Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||April 30, 1977|
|Spouse||Michael R. Burns|
Pell James is an American actress who came to widespread attention after her portrayal of Malerie Sandow in the 2005 movie The King. She was born and brought up in the state of Virginia, United States. However, she moved to New York at the age of 19 to pursue an acting career. She worked as a waitress and delivery girl to save enough money to enroll in New York University’s prestigious theatre program. Eventually, she did not complete the course as she started losing interest in addition to the fact that the steep fees were slowly becoming unaffordable. In 1999, she went to Los Angeles for attending a few auditions and ended up staying there.
She got her first acting chance with a small role in 2002 for an episode in the TV Series Law & Order. That helped her get the role of Julie in the 2003 movie Uptown Girls. Thereafter, she appeared in a supporting role in the 2005 film Broken Flowers and earned a breakthrough starring role in another 2005 film The King, opposite William Hurt. Since then, Pell has gone on to appear in notable films like Undiscovered (2005), Deceit (2006), Zodiac (2007), Fanboys (2009), Shrink (2009), The Lincoln Lawyer (2011), Brawler (2011), Dark Circles (2013), Pawn Shop Chronicles (2013), Only the Brave (2017) and Peppermint (2018).
Virginia, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Pell did her schooling in her home state of Virginia. She moved to New York in her late teens and enrolled in the prestigious Tisch School Of The Arts, New York University. She studied there for 2 years but did not complete the course as the fees were becoming unaffordable.
- Father – John David Pellegrin (Legal Counsel)
- Mother – Diane Lynn Ramee (née Bingman) (Therapist, Counselor)
- Others – Mark Ramee (Step-Father) (Retired Foreign Service Officer)
Pell is represented by –
- Anonymous Content
- United Talent Agency
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Pell James has dated –
- Michael R. Burns (2006–Present) – While playing the lead in the 2005 movie Undiscovered, Pell met Michael R. Burns, one of the producers of the movie. They dated for about a year and eventually got married in a Roman Catholic ceremony on June 11, 2006. Michael is the vice-chairman of the movie studio Lionsgate. The couple has 3 children together.
Race / Ethnicity
- Petite Figure
- Neck-Length, Blonde Hair
In 2003, Pell appeared as a stoned hippie in a New York Lotto commercial.
In 2002, Pell James appeared in Living Room, a 2002 commercial directed by noted movie director Wes Anderson for Swedish furniture company Ikea.
Best Known For
Her acting roles in films such as The King (2005), Undiscovered (2005), Zodiac (2007), Brawler (2011) and Dark Circles (2013)
Pell made her theatrical film debut in the 1999 drama film, Black & White. However, she was uncredited for her role.
She made her credited theatrical film debut as Julie in the movie Uptown Girls in 2003.
First TV Show
Pell made her TV show debut in 2002 as Chloe in an episode titled Access Nation of the TV Series Law & Order.
Pell James Favorite Things
- TV Shows – 30 Rock, Little Britain, and The Office
- Actress – Faye Dunaway
- Director – David Fincher
Pell James Facts
- She was named Pell after her grandfather’s surname, Pellegram. Her father was adopted, so, that surname did not stick with the family. But, her father wanted to pay tribute to the Pellegram name and hence she was named Pell.
- She had always wanted to be a writer and has written a TV pilot with her best friend. In 2019, they sold the pilot to American pay television channel FX.
- She decided to move to Los Angeles from New York to land more auditions as well as save money on the constant to-and-fro travel for auditions.
- She has credited her family for always being very supportive, especially in the early part when she was struggling with auditions and her studies in New York.
- Pell was offered and eventually played the guest lead role of Ellie Parker on the pilot of Hudson’s Way. She also played the role of the newscaster Lynda Zapp in the promo for the 2002 season of MTV’S reality TV Series The Real World.
- In an interview for the promotion of her 2005 film The King, Pell revealed that she was still paying off the USD 40,000 debt that she had taken to study for 2 years at New York University. In the same interview, she admitted that she used to mention even those films names in her CV in which she had never been in. She did it in desperation because most casting directors wanted to select experienced actors.
- She co-produced the 2009 film Shrink, where she also appeared in the supporting role of Daisy.
- Pell James is not active on social media.
Featured Image by Movieclips Trailers / YouTube