|Wes Anderson Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||May 1, 1969|
Wes Anderson is an American film director, film producer, screenwriter, and actor who is best known for directing films such as Bottle Rocket (1996), Rushmore (1998), The Royal Tenenbaums (2001), The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (2004), The Darjeeling Limited (2007), Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009), Moonrise Kingdom (2012), The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014), and Isle of Dogs (2018).
Wesley Wales Anderson
Houston, Texas, United States
Paris, Île-de-France, France
Wes had graduated, in 1987, from St. John’s School, a coeducational, independent K–12 day school in his hometown of Houston.
After his high school graduation, he had joined the University of Texas at Austin, a public research university in Austin, Texas. He had graduated from there in 1991 with a B. A. (Bachelor of Arts) degree in philosophy.
Film Director, Film Producer, Screenwriter, Actor
- Father – Melver Leonard J. Anderson (Former Advertising and Public Relations Executive)
- Mother – Texas Ann Anderson (née Burroughs) (Realtor, Archaeologist)
- Siblings – Mel Anderson (Older Brother) (Physician), Eric Chase Anderson (Younger Brother) (Writer, Artist, Illustrator, Actor)
- Others – Melver Leonard Anderson (Paternal Grandfather), Mildred Nelson (Paternal Grandmother), Edgar Wales Burroughs (Maternal Grandfather), Texas Pringle Bates (Maternal Grandmother)
Wes Anderson’s net worth had been $50 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Wes has dated –
- Juman Malouf (2010-Present) – Wes had started dating Lebanese writer, costume designer, voice actress, and actress Juman Malouf in 2010. They have a daughter together named Freya (b. 2016). She was named after a character from the 1940 drama film The Mortal Storm.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Swedish and Norwegian descent on his father’s side and English, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, and German descent on his mother’s side.
- Lanky frame
- Center-parted, neck-length, wavy hair
- Affable smile
- Clean-shaven look
Wes Anderson Facts
- He had shown an early inclination towards filmmaking and used to create silent films as a child using his father’s Super 8 camera. These films would often feature his brothers and friends. His first dream, though, was to be a professional screenwriter.
- While he was studying at the University of Texas at Austin, he used to work part-time as a cinema projectionist. His roommate at the university was the future actor, comedian, producer, and screenwriter Owen Wilson. The duo went on to collaborate on numerous films.
- He had used his alma mater, St. John’s School, in Houston, as a prominent location throughout the shooting of the 1998 coming-of-age comedy-drama film Rushmore, his 2nd feature-length directorial venture.
- In 2006, in a poll conducted by BBC Culture, to recognize the greatest films produced since 2000, 3 of his films – The Royal Tenenbaums (2001), Moonrise Kingdom (2012), and The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014) – had made the cut.
- As a matter of coincidence, Wes was nominated for the Academy Award in the category of ‘Best Original Screenplay’ for all 3 films. The last of those films had also earned him his first Academy Award nominations in the category of both ‘Best Director’ and ‘Best Picture’.
- He had also been nominated for Academy Awards in the ‘Best Animated Feature’ category for his stop-motion films Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009) and Isle of Dogs (2018).
Featured Image by Wes Anderson / Instagram