|Owen Wilson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10½ in|
|Date of Birth||November 18, 1968|
Owen Wilson is an American actor, voice actor, producer, and writer who has been cast in a variety of films such as The Cable Guy, The Minus Man, The Royal Tenenbaums, Permanent Midnight, Breakfast of Champions, The Haunting, Wedding Crashers, I Spy, Meet the Parents, Zoolander, Zoolander 2, Shanghai Noon, Behind Enemy Lines, Shanghai Knights, The Big Bounce, Around the World in 80 Days, Starsky & Hutch, The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, Meet the Fockers, The Wendell Baker Story, Cars, Mater and the Ghostlight, The Darjeeling Limited, Marley & Me, Night at the Museum, Night at the Museum 2, Night at the Museum 3, How Do You Know, Midnight in Paris, Father Figures, The Internship, The Big Year, The Grand Budapest Hotel, Secret Headquarters, Inherent Vice, She’s Funny That Way, Masterminds, No Escape, Lost in London, Marry Me, and The French Dispatch.
Owen Cunningham Wilson
Dallas, Texas, United States
Owen went to St. Mark’s School of Texas, from where he was expelled during the 10th grade. He then finished his sophomore year at Thomas Jefferson School and went on to attend the New Mexico Military Institute in Roswell, New Mexico.
He has a Bachelor of Arts degree in English from the University of Texas, based in Austin, Texas, U.S.
Actor, Voice Actor, Writer, Producer
- Father – Robert Andrew Wilson (Advertising Executive and Operator of KERA, a public TV station in Dallas)
- Mother – Laura Cunningham Wilson (Photographer)
- Siblings – Luke Wilson (Brother) (Actor), Andrew Wilson (Brother), Jade Wilson (Sister)
- Others – Joseph Murray Wilson (Paternal Grandfather), Elizabeth McGrail (Paternal Grandmother), Edward J. Cunningham (Maternal Grandfather), Rosemary White (Maternal Grandmother)
Owen has been signed with –
- United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Slate PR, Public Relations Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
His net worth has been $70 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 10½ in or 179 cm
165 lbs or 75 kg
Girlfriend / Spouse
Owen Wilson has dated –
- Sonja Morgan – He had a fling with television personality, socialite, and philanthropist Sonja Morgan in the past.
- Xhoana Xheneti – Back in 1999, there were RUMORs about Owen dating Xhoana Xheneti.
- Sheryl Crow (1999-2001) – Owen and Sheryl started dating in 1999. They met each other on the set of the movie “The Minus Man” and briefly after that, they went into a relationship. Their affair lasted for 2 years before they split in 2001. Although they are no longer together, they still remain friends.
- Gina Gershon (2000-2002) – Back in 2000, when Owen was with Sheryl, he started dating the American actor Gina Gershon. They were in a relationship till January 2002 and broke up after that.
- Demi Moore (2002) – Another RUMOUR that appeared in 2002 connected Owen with the well-known actor Demi Moore. One media source stated that Owen and Demi were in a secret relationship, which obviously wasn’t true as Owen clarified that he is just friends with this American actor.
- Angel Boris Reed (2005) – In the year 2005, Wilson had an encounter with the American model Angel Boris Reed. She admitted the fact that though the two were not formally dating, they were still having fun in the bedroom. Angel also said that Owen used to give her a call once in a while and they had done it again and again. Though they both separated in the same year i.e. 2005, still, they remain friends.
- Kate Hudson (2006-2009) – Owen met Kate Hudson on the set of “You, Me and Dupree” back in September 2006. Wilson and Kate kept their relationship a secret because Kate split with her husband a small time ago before she started dating Wilson. They were together for almost a year before they said that they were splitting up. Eventually, they got back together in 2008 and were seen together at different Hollywood parties. After breaking up more than 10 times, in 2009, Owen and Kate finally parted ways.
- Caroline Lindqvist (2007) – In 2007, Owen had an encounter with an American fitness trainer Caroline Lindqvist despite the fact that she was married. They were having fun in the bedroom once in a while and in 2013, it was reported that Caroline is pregnant and they were going to have a baby. Caroline and Owen were never in a relationship, but for one tabloid, Caroline said – “With Owen, we decided to make a baby, even we are not in a relationship. We are just two friends, who are having a baby together,” said the 42-year-old trainer, who immediately after getting pregnant started a divorcing process with her husband. On January 30, 2014, Owen and Caroline welcomed their child, son Finn.
- Le Call (2007-2008) – In November 2007, Owen met and started dating an American model Le Call. These two were in Hawaii together, celebrating Owen’s birthday. They broke up in January 2008.
- Jade Duell (2009-2011) – Owen and Jade started dating back in 2009 and were in a relationship for 2 years. On January 10, 2011, it was announced that these two were going to have a baby, and immediately after 4 days, their child was born. The child was a son, and they named him Robert Ford Wilson. Owen broke up with Jade briefly after their son was born in June 2011.
- Scarlett Benchley (2017) – In the summer of 2017, Owen was romantically linked with the lingerie model, Scarlett Benchley.
- Varunie Vongsvirates – In 2017, Owen started dating Varunie Vongsvirates. The couple welcomed a baby daughter together named Lyla in October 2018. This was Owen’s third child. He also had a paternity test in June 2018 which proved that he is the father of Varunie’s child. The couple later broke up. In October 2021, Varunie claimed that Owen had never met Lyla.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Irish descent.
- His nose
- Soft voice
- Blonde hair
- Often works with his brother
- He often plays friendly characters
- Great sense of humor
- His charity
- Improvisation abilities
11 (US) or 10 (UK) or 44 (EU) or 28.5 (JAP)
Owen appeared in a TV commercial for Hertz “Traveling and the speed of Hertz.”
He also appeared in a Radio Commercial for Michel Lite and Heineken.
Best Known For
For his roles in Meet the Parents (2000), Shanghai Noon (2000), Zoolander (2001), Shanghai Knights (2003), Night at the Museum (2006), Cars (2006), Midnight in Paris (2011), Cars 2 (2011) and The Internship (2013).
Owen Wilson first gained notice in the movie Bottle Rocket (1996) in which he played the role of Dignan.
First TV Show
For the first time, Owen appeared on TV back in 2001 in the TV series King of the Hill where he played the character of Rhett Van Der Graaf.
His personal trainer is Caroline Lindqvist with whom he had an encounter back in 2007, and a son in 2013.
Owen says that he eats anything and even exercises. He says –
“I love to eat everything despite I admire healthy lifestyle and healthy eating. I eat everything from the “junk foods,” but when I exercise I often eat a lot of vegetables, vegetable juices and fruit.”
About his workout routine, Owen does different types of training such as circuit training, weight training, sprinting or tempo runs. In his own words –
“It really helps me to release myself from all negativity and after the hard working day, that is the best way I can keep my body and spirit healthy. I exercise on a constant basis, couple days in a week.”
Owen Wilson Favorite Things
- Food – Cheeseburger, French fries
- Football Club – Chelsea FC
- Movies – Scarface (1983), Punch-Drunk Love (2002)
Owen Wilson Facts
- In 2007, he attempted suicide after he broke up with Kate Hudson.
- Wilson planned to join the Marines if the movie Bottle Rocket (1996) hadn’t been successful.
- He once suffered from depression.
- Writing is his passion.
- In high school, he used to play football.
- He has a dog named, Garcia.
- His brother Luke Wilson is also an actor.
- In Shanghai Noon (2000), he starred with Jackie Chan.
- Wilson dropped out of the film Tropic Thunder (2008) when he was getting treatment from Cedars-Sinai Medical Center for depression.
- He is a huge fan of Winston Churchill.
- Owen is left-handed.
- He is a non-smoker.
- In 2011, he appeared as Gil Pender in the fantasy comedy film Midnight in Paris and this role got him nominated for a Golden Globe Award for “Best Actor in a Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical”.
- He has a tattoo.
- He co-starred as M. Chuck (a Society of the Crossed Keys concierge) in the 2014 comedy-drama film The Grand Budapest Hotel.
- Alongside Jennifer Lopez, Maluma, John Bradley, Chloe Coleman, and Sarah Silverman, he co-starred as Charlie Gilbert in the 2022 romantic comedy-drama film Marry Me.
- He likes to play table tennis and water sports like swimming and surfing.
- In February 2022, during an interview, Owen revealed that his mother, Laura, had again gotten married at the age of 80.
- Owen doesn’t have any official social media accounts.