|Sarah Silverman Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||December 1, 1970|
Sarah Silverman is an American comedian, actress, and writer who is best known for her appearance on shows like Saturday Night Live and The Sarah Silverman Program. Her comedy addresses several controversial topics such as sexism, racism, homophobia, religion, and politics. She has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as School of Rock, Sarah Silverman: Jesus Is Magic, A Million Ways to Die in the West, Wreck-It Ralph, The Book of Henry, Space Jam: A New Legacy, Marry Me, I Smile Back, and many more. In 2010, she released her book, The Bedwetter: Stories of Courage, Redemption, and Pee. Faber & Faber. During the course of her career, Sarah has been honored with several awards such as the Primetime Emmy Award and Seymour Cassel Award.
Sarah Kate Silverman
Bedford, New Hampshire, U.S.
Sarah attended The Derryfield School in Manchester. Post that, she went to New York University but dropped out.
Stand-up comedian, actress, writer, producer, voice actress, singer
- Father – Donald Silverman
- Mother – Beth Ann (née Halpin) (1941-2015)
- Siblings – Rabbi (Older Sister), Susan Silverman (Older Sister), Jodyne Silverman (Older Sister) (Screenwriter), Laura Silverman (Older Sister) (Actress), Jeffrey Michael (Brother) (Died at the age of 3 months)
She is signed to Thruline Entertainment, Inc.
Blue comedy, black comedy, character comedy, insult comedy, musical comedy, political satire
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
59 kg or 130 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sarah Silverman dated –
- Kevin Brennan (1988) – In 1988, she dated writer and comedian, Kevin Brennan for a couple of months. She lost her virginity to Kevin, which has revealed in her autobiography Bedwetter.
- Dave Attell (1989) – Then, in 1989, she was romantically linked to another comic person, Dave Attell.
- Colin Quinn (1990) – Stand-up comedian, Colin Quinn and Sarah then dated for a couple of months in 1990. He is around 12 years her senior.
- Louis C.K. (1990) – In 1990, she got her name attached to the Mexican actor, Louis C.K.
- Garry Shandling (1996) – In 1996, she had a fling with comedian, Garry Shandling.
- Sam Seder (1996-1997) – From 1996 to 1997, she and comedian Sam Seder were an item. They also worked on a TV mini-series together.
- David Cross (1997) – Comedian David Cross and Sarah dated briefly in 1997.
- Tom Gianas (2001) – In 2001, she dated film producer, Tom Gianas.
- Jimmy Kimmel (2002-2008; 2008-2009) – In September 2002, she started dating talk show host, Jimmy Kimmel after she met him at N.Y. Friars Club Roast of Hugh Hefner (Playboy magazine founder). They dated for a pretty long time until July 2008. They reconciled for a short time later in 2008, but finally ended the relationship for good in 2009.
- Rob Huebel (2008-2009) – Starting from December 2008, she dated actor Rob Huebel for a couple of months. They split somewhere in 2009.
- Alec Sulkin (2010-2011) – From 2010 to 2011, she and screenwriter Alec Sulkin were an item.
- Kyle Dunnigan (2012-2013) – From 2012 to 2013, Sarah Silverman dated another comedian, Kyle Dunnigan.
- Michael Sheen (2014-2017) – In January 2014, Sarah started dating Welsh actor, Michael Sheen. They remained together for 4 years and separated towards the 2017 end which she announced in February 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
Sarah has Russian Jewish and Polish Jewish ancestry.
- Misleading sarcasm
- Black hair
36-26-36 in or 91.5-66-91.5 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
8.5 (US) or 39 (EU)
She has appeared in a TV commercial on Orbit Gum in 2014.
Later, she was seen in the T-Mobile Super Bowl commercial in 2015.
Though, her family is Jewish.
Best Known For
Her satirical comedies on the topics like religion, racism, and sexism, to name a few.
As a Singer
She has sung on various occasions. For Fox’s animated sitcom Bob’s Burgers, she is also the lead singer, besides playing various voice roles.
Sarah starred in her debut film Who’s the Caboose? a comedy film that was released in 1997. She played the role as Susan and also served as the co-producer.
First TV Show
From 1993 to 1994, she appeared in NBC’s live television sketch comedy series Saturday Night Live in various roles in 18 episodes. Sarah was also a part of the writing team during this.
Sarah’s fitness secret is she always keeps moving. For example, play sports such as tennis, basketball, wash clothes, move here and there, etc.
She keeps track of how many calories she has eaten. For that, she uses an iPhone app called “Lose It.” The app tells her how many calories, this particular food contains.
At 10, she turned vegetarian. She even stays away from alcoholic beverages.
Sarah Silverman Favorite Things
- Movie – The One and Only (1978)
- Traffic Sign – Slow Children
Sarah Silverman Facts
- Sarah’s career was started in 1992.
- She has influenced the careers of other comedians and writers Amy Schumer, Daniel Dickey, and Erez Ben-Ari.
- Sarah’s career got influenced by comedians like Joan Rivers, Larry David, Moms Mabley, and Steve Martin.
- Her parents divorced but remarried.
- Silverman was born in Bedford but grew up in Manchester, New Hampshire.
- Sarah has served as the personal campaign photographer of George McGovern.
- At 17, she first did stand-up comedy in Boston.
- She is the founder of the theater company, New Thalian Players.
- She had run the clothing store called Crazy Sophie’s Outlet.
- She has suffered from clinical depression in the past, which addicted her to Xanax.
- In April 2010, her autobiography The Bedwetter was released.
- She has also written for Penthouse Magazine.
- Sarah once made a tattoo on her fan’s body. She wrote “WWSD” (What Would Sarah Do) on that fan’s leg.
- She does not like to wear reusable 3D glasses in the theater just because of hygienic purposes.
- In October 2020, she launched her podcast titled The Sarah Silverman Podcast.
- In July 2023, Sarah filed a lawsuit against ChatGPT creator OpenAI and Mark Zuckerberg‘s Meta for copyright infringement. She claimed that they were using her books without permission to train ChatGPT and LLaMA chatbots.