|Ana Gasteyer Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5½ in|
|Date of Birth||May 4, 1967|
Ana Gasteyer is an American actress, singer, and comedian who rose to fame as a member of Saturday Night Live from 1996 to 2002. Nevertheless, she is also recognized for starring in several sitcoms such as Suburgatory, Lady Dynamite, and People of Earth.
Ana Kristina Gasteyer
Washington, D.C., United States
Ana studied at Sidwell Friends School. Later, she graduated from the Northwestern University School of Communication in 1989.
She also attended The Groundlings.
Actress, Comedian, Singer
- Father – Phil Gasteyer (Former Lobbyist, Mayor)
- Mother – Marian Roumell-Gasteyer
- Siblings – Stephen Gasteyer (Brother)
- Others – Karl Francis Gasteyer (Paternal Grandfather), Mary Catherine Boyle (Paternal Grandmother), Stephen T. Roumell (Maternal Grandfather), Vilma Wilma Andras (Maternal Grandmother)
Ana is represented by Circle of Confusion and The Gersh Agency.
Jazz, Alternate, Holiday
Henry’s Girl Records
5 ft 5½ in or 166.5 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ana has dated –
- Charlie McKittrick – Ana got married to Charlie on November 9, 1996. The couple has 2 children – a girl named Frances Mary McKittrick (b. June 2002) and a boy named Ulysses McKittrick (b. March 2008).
Race / Ethnicity
She has English and German ancestry on her father’s side and Greek and Romanian ancestry on her mother’s side.
She often tends to dye her hair “Blonde”.
- Her Sweaty Balls sketch from SNL
- High cheekbones
Ana has appeared in the commercials for various brands including Oxygen Network (2003).
Ana Gasteyer Favorite Things
- Book – Stone Soup
- Restaurant Chain – Tender Greens
- Strange Food Combination – “Lentils, sardines, and spinach, chopped up together “
Source – Eater
Ana Gasteyer Facts
- While on Saturday Night Live, Gasteyer created several characters including the middle school music teacher Bobbie Moughan-Culp, NPR radio host Margaret Jo, Lilith Fair poetess Cinder Calhoun. Besides that, she also mimicked the likes of various stars such as Martha Stewart, Celine Dion, and Hillary Rodham Clinton.
- Her father Phil worked as a lobbyist before becoming the mayor of Corrales, New Mexico.
- She made her debut TV show appearance as a Woman in Seinfeld in 1995. Later, in 1997, Ana appeared in her first big-screen film as Rosemary Colletti in Courting Courtney.
- While at Northwestern University, Ana had initially enrolled for a major in vocals but she switched to theater studies.
- She and Amy Carter, daughter of U.S. President Jimmy Carter were good friends during their younger years. As of the year 2021, Ana was a close friend of actor, comedian, producer, former physician, and writer Ken Jeong.
- Her first name, Ana is pronounced as “On-uh” and her last name Gasteyer is pronounced as “gas-tire”.
- Ana was the first member of the cast of Saturday Night Live to continue working on the show while being pregnant.
- In 2019, she took part in the 2nd season of The Masked Singer and finished at 6th place.
- She voiced the character of Nut in Magical Girl Friendship Squad in September and October 2020.
- Ana released her first album titled I’m Hip in 2014. The album consisted of 12 songs in total that included the tracks Defying Gravity, Crazy People, Sister Kate, Cheek to Cheek, and One Mint Julep.
Featured Image By Ana Gasteyer / Instagram