Hillary Diane Rodham
Hrc, Unstable Hillary Clinton, Hillary “Rotten” Clinton, Crooked Hillary, Heartless Hillary, Hill
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Hillary attended a number of public schools in Park Ridge before joining the Maine East High School located in the north suburb of Chicago.
Along with other students, she was shifted to the new Maine South High School for her senior year. In 1965, she graduated from high school in the top five percent of her class and enrolled at the Wellesley College.
She graduated from the Wellesley College in 1969 with Bachelor of Arts with departmental honors in political science.
She then joined the Yale Law College. Hillary completed her studies at the Yale in 1973 and got her Juris degree. She stayed at the Yale for one more year to work on her postgraduate study at the Yale Child Study Center on children and medicine.
- Father – Hugh Ellsworth Rodham (Small Textile Business Owner)
- Mother – Dorothy Emma Howell (Housewife)
- Siblings – Hugh Edwin Rodham(Older Brother) (Lawyer and Democrat Politician), Anthony Dean Rodham (Younger Brother) (Consultant, Businessman)
- Others – Hugh Rodham (Paternal Grandfather) (First-generation immigrant), Hannah Jones Rodham (Paternal Grandmother), Edwin John Howell Jr. (Maternal Grandfather) (Chicago Firefighter), Della Murray (Maternal Grandmother) (Housewife), Isabelle Howell (Maternal Aunt)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm (Peak Height)
With advancing age, her current height is believed to be 5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm.
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Hillary Clinton has dated –
- Robert Reich – Robert Reich took Hillary Clinton out on a date, while Hillary was an undergraduate at the Wellesley College and Reich was enrolled at Dartmouth College. However, the exact dates of their relationship aren’t available.
- Bill Clinton (1971-Present) – Bill Clinton first saw Hillary in a political and civil rights class and was smitten at first sight. They met for the first time at the Yale University library, when Hillary found him staring at her and, their first date of sorts was a walk down at an art museum in 1971. In the summer of the same year, Hillary joined a law firm in Oakland as an intern and in order to spend time with her, Bill canceled his vacation plans. Also, she spent an extra year at Yale just in order to be with Bill. By 1974, she had turned down Clinton’s marriage proposal as she thought her identity would be lost. She eventually, agreed to marry him and their intimate wedding took place on October 11, 1975. Hillary gave birth to her only daughter Chelsea on February 27, 1980. Their relationship suffered the most difficult time in 1998 when Bill was found having an extramarital affair with White House intern Monica Lewinsky.
- Webb Hubbell – According to some reports, Webb is the real father of Hillary’s daughter Chelsea. However, these claims haven’t been verified, neither have a firm foundation. However, The Political Insider took Chelsea and Hubbell’s DNA to get patronage tests done. Although the tests were inconclusive but at the same time, the tests didn’t disapprove that Chelsea was Hubbell’s daughter.
Race / Ethnicity
On her father’s side, she is of Welsh and English descent. She has Scottish, French-Canadian, and Welsh ancestry on her mother’s side.
- Stocky Build
- Short Hair
Best Known For
Being United States First Lady (1993 – 2000)
Being US Senator from New York (2000 – 2009)
Being US Secretary of State (2009 – 2013)
As an actress, Hillary’s first film appearance was in a short historical film in 2015 titled, Occupy Peace: No Foreign Entanglements.
First TV Show
Her first TV show appearance came on the musical comedy show Saturday Night Live in 2008. Since then, she has appeared in a number of episodes in the show.
To take care of her health, Hillary prefers to take brisk walks and practice yoga. She often tries to find secluded trails and tracks to enjoy her leisurely walks in solitude. Although she doesn’t follow vegan-ish eating habits of her husband, she prefers to stay away from junk food and snacks. She is a big fan of hot peppers’ fat torching powers and keeps red pepper flakes with her whenever she is traveling. She also follows the minimalistic rule that if anything looks bad for you, it will be bad for you.
Hillary Clinton Favorite Things
- Snack – Goldfish Crackers
- TV Show – Love It or List It
- Movies – Casablanca (1942), The Wizard of Oz (1939), Out of Africa (1985)
- Actress – Meryl Streep
- Actor – Robert Redford
Hillary Clinton Facts
- During her primary school days, she won a number of badges for her diligent work as a Girl Scout and Brownie.
- At the age of 14, she got inspired by US efforts towards the space and moon expeditions and sent a letter asking NASA about the eligibility criteria to become an astronaut.
- While studying in high school, she was a part of the student council, contributed to the school newspaper and was part of the National Honor Society.
- During her junior year in high school, she was elected as the vice president of the class but lost in the presidential election during her senior year.
- She was the first student at Wellesley College to speak at the commencement after lobbying from senior students.
- Her speech at the college commencement event received a standing ovation that lasted 7 minutes and was covered in an article published in Life magazine.
- In 1997, Hillary got a Grammy Award for the audio version of her book It Takes a Village in the Best Spoken Word Album category.
- Hillary was a Republican until she switched her allegiance to the Democrats in 1968 after realizing that Republican policies on race and equality were unfair.
- She was a part of the team that worked on the presidential campaign of Barry Goldwater, who was the Republican candidate in the 1964 election.
- In 2016, she became the first woman candidate to be nominated for the presidential election by any mainstream party.
- During her stay in the White House as a first lady, she was assigned code name Evergreen by the secret services.
- When she became US senator on January 3, 2001, she achieved the distinction of being the only former first lady to hold public office.
- She was included in the top 100 most influential lawyers in the United States list by National Law Journal in 1988 and 1991.
- The gossip columnist Edward Klein accused Hillary of having lesbian affairs with aide Huma Abedin and other women in his explosive book The Truth About Hillary.
- Hillary tried to join marines in 1975 but she was turned down as she was too old, had a poor eyesight and was a woman.
- She was accused of violating House rules while serving as a part of inquiry along with 42 other lawyers to impeach President Richard Nixon.
- In 1996, she got the unfortunate distinction of being the first first lady to be subpoenaed by FBI to appear before a federal jury.
- She sat on the board of Walmart from 1986 to 1992 and received an annual salary of $18,000 along with $1,500 per meeting she attended.
- In 1998, she called the initial reports of her husband Bill Clinton’s affair with Monica Lewinsky a vast right-wing conspiracy.
- Her biography Living History was published on June 9, 2003, and went on to sell 200,000 copies on that very day.
- In 1996, when she returned from the official visit of Bosnia as the first lady, she claimed that she came under sniper fire. However, she changed her statement a week later.
- Before starting her 2016 presidential campaign, she gave paid speeches for Wall Street firms and at business conventions, charging $200,000–225,000 per engagement and earning over $11 million for a fifteen-month period.
- You can visit her official website @ hillaryclinton.com.
- Connect with her on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.