Amy Beth Schumer
Manhattan, New York, United States
Amy Schumer attended South Side High School in Rockville Centre, New York from where she graduated in 1999. Upon her graduation, she was voted for “Teacher’s Worst Nightmare” and “Class Clown.”
After she finished high school, she continued her education at Towson University where she studied theater. Amy graduated from there in 2003.
After finishing graduation, she went to New York and joined William Esper Studio, and studied there for two years.
Comic actress, writer, producer, director, Reality TV star
- Father – Gordon Schumer (Owner of a baby furniture company)
- Mother – Sandra Schumer (nee Jones)
- Siblings – Kimberly Schumer (Younger Sister) (Comedy Writer and Producer), Jason Stein (Older Brother) (Musician)
Amy is signed with –
- Mosaic Talent Management
- Agency for the Performing Arts (APA)
Observational comedy, insult comedy and blue comedy
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
163 lbs or 74 kg
Boyfriend / Spouse
Amy Schumer dated –
- Anthony Jeselnik (2009-2011) – In 2009, Schumer started dating the comic actor, Anthony Jeselnik. The couple spent 2 years in a relationship before splitting up in October 2011.
- Dolph Ziggler (2012) – After her relationship with Anthony was gone, Amy moved on and met the popular wrestler Dolph Ziggler (real name – Nic Nemeth). They partied for a short period in 2012, but they figured out they are not for each other and split later in 2012.
- Ben Hanisch (2015-2017) – In late 2015, Amy started dating Chicago-based furniture designer Ben Hanisch. The relationship was confirmed in January 2016 by Amy herself. They dated for almost 2 years before calling it quits in 2017. They were not pictured together since January 2017 which eventually made it clear that they had separated. In May 2017, Amy’s representative confirmed that the two were no longer together.
- Amber Rose (2015) – During the 2015 MTV Movie Awards, Amy was seen kissing socialite and actress, Amber Rose which sparked the dating rumors.
- Chris Fischer (2017-Present) – She started dating chef and farmer Chris Fischer in late 2017. Just after a few months of dating, they got married on February 13, 2018, in Malibu, California. She is expecting her first child with Chris. The news was announced in October 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
- Blonde hair and Blue eyes
- Prominent chin
38-30-39 in or 96.5-76-99 cm
12 (US) or 44 (EU) or 16 (UK)
8.5 (US) or 39 (EU)
Amy has appeared in an ad for Dick Hole Beer.
Amy is Jewish.
Best Known For
Amy Schumer is known for her sketch comedy series Inside Amy Schumer which she launched in 2013.
She is also known for performing various stage shows and appearing in different TV shows as a comedian.
Amy first showed up in the short movie Sense Memory (2006).
Her next role was in the comedy movie Sleepwalk with Me (2012) when she acted as Amy. It was uncredited.
First TV Show
Amy’s first official TV appearance was in the stand-up comedy television show Live at Gotham in 2007 when she acted as herself in episode 2.6.
However, there’s a huge transformation going on in Amy’s body (as she has gained little bit weight), so we can definitely say that her passion for exercising has maybe disappeared. Obviously keeping her body in shape is not Amy’s primarily goal anymore.
Amy Schumer Favorite Things
- Live Performer – Bridget Everett
- Comedians – Ellen DeGeneres, Judy Gold, Jessica Kirson, Margaret Cho, Sarah Silverman, Wendy Liebman
Amy Schumer Facts
- Amy’s father Gordon is the second cousin to the U.S Senator Chuck Schumer.
- Amy’s mother has a Protestant background.
- When she was 9, Schumer’s family went bankrupt.
- Gordon Schumer had suffered with multiple sclerosis. He and his wife Sandra divorced when Amy was 12.
- After her parents divorced, Amy and her mother relocated to Long Island.
- While attending William Esper Studio, Schumer worked as a bartender and a waitress.
- She was the host of the 2015 MTV Movie Awards.
- After there was an accident at the Grand 16 movie theater in Lafayette on July 23, 2015, where a man killed two people and shot 9 others, Amy showed support for stricter gun control laws.
- Amy has named numerous people as her influences including Sarah Silverman, Margaret Cho, Kathy Griffin, Joan Rivers, Carol Burnett, Lucille Ball, Jon Stewart, Ricky Gervais, Judy Gold, Wendy Liebman and few others.
- During Critics Choice Awards 2016, she broke her left heel when she was accepting MVP Award.
- In April 2016, she was in the news when she slammed Glamour magazine for including her in plus size only issue.
- Visit the official website of Amy @ amyschumer.com.
- Follow Amy on her official Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. You can also visit the official YouTube Comedy Central channel for the latest videos of Schumer.