|Jon Stewart Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6½ in|
|Date of Birth||November 28, 1962|
Jon Stewart is a renowned American comedian, television host, actor, writer, director, and producer who is best known for hosting the political satire program, The Daily Show on Comedy Central (1999-2015).
Jonathan Stuart Leibowitz
New York City, New York, United States
Comedian, Writer, Director, Producer, Actor, Television Host
- Father – Donald Leibowitz
- Mother – Marian Laskin
- Siblings – Lawrence Leibowitz (Older Brother), Dan Leibowitz (Younger Brother), Matthew Leibowitz (Younger Brother)
Political/News Satire, Deadpan, Insult Comedy, Observational Comedy, Blue Comedy, Surreal Humor
5 ft 6½ in or 169 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jon has dated –
- Ashley Judd (1992) – RUMOR
- Juliana Hatfield (1993)
- Jennifer Aniston (1994) – RUMOR
- Jane Powers (1994)
- Cindy Crawford (1994)
- Tawny Kitaen (1995)
- Tracey McShane (1996-Present) – Jon got hitched to Tracey McShane in 2000. The couple welcomed son Nathan Stewart (b. July 3, 2004) and daughter Maggie Stewart (b. February 4, 2006) with the help of IVF.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry.
However, his hair has turned almost ‘Gray’ with his advancing age.
- Satirical humor
- His signature move of tapping the pen and scribbling on a piece of paper
Jon Stewart Facts
- His daily routine includes doing the New York Times crossword puzzle with his wife at night.
- Jon dropped his father’s name and legally adopted the last name Stewart (a variation of his middle name) in 2001.
- He switched to vegetarianism in 2015.
- Jon credits Woody Allen, George Carlin, Steve Martin, and Lenny Bruce as his comedic influences.
- He was included in Time Magazine‘s list of ‘100 Most Influential People’ in 2005.
- Jon is the owner of Busboy Productions, the title of which refers to his earlier job working as a busboy at a Mexican restaurant.
- He purchased a 45-acre land in New Jersey to rehabilitate abused and neglected farm animals in 2017.
- In April 2022, Jon was honored with the Mark Twain Prize For American Humor.
Featured Image by Peabody Awards / Wikimedia / CC BY 2.0