|Ashley Judd Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||April 19, 1968|
Ashley Judd is an American actress and political activist who is the daughter of country music singer Naomi Judd and the half-sister of country music singer Wynonna Judd. She has been cast in films like Barry, Ruby in Paradise, Double Jeopardy, Olympus Has Fallen, Norma Jean & Marilyn, Kiss the Girls, De-Lovely, Where the Heart Is, High Crimes, Big Stone Gap, Divergent, Dolphin Tale, Frida, A Dog’s Way Home, Bug, A Time to Kill, The Passion of Darkly Noon, The Locusts, Someone Like You, Come Early Morning, Tooth Fairy, The Divergent Series: Insurgent, The Divergent Series: Allegiant, and Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood. She is also known for playing Becca Winstone in the ABC mystery thriller drama series Missing, Reed Halsey in the NBC family drama series Sisters, B.B. Yates in the drama series Berlin Station, and Beverly Paige in Twin Peaks.
Ashley Tyler Ciminella
Ash, Sweet Pea
Granada Hills, Los Angeles, California, United States
Tennessee, Nashville, United States
Before college, Ashley studied in 13 different schools including the Sayre School in Lexington, Kentucky, the Paul G. Blazer High School in Ashland, Kentucky and the Franklin High School in Tennessee.
Ashley graduated from the UK Honors Program and was nominated to Phi Beta Kappa, but she did not graduate with her class. In her commitment to join the Peace Corps, she studied with Robert Carnegie at Playhouse West in Hollywood after college.
On May 9, 2007, Ashley completed her Bachelor’s degree in French from the University of Kentucky.
On May 9, 2009, the actress was awarded the Honorary Doctor of Humane Letters from Union College in Barbourville, Kentucky.
In 2010, she got a one-year mid-career Master’s degree in Public Administration from Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Ashley has also been a Ph.D. student at the Richard and Rhoda Goldman School of Public Policy at the University of California at Berkeley.
Actress, Political Activist
- Father – Michael Charles Ciminella (Marketing Consultant for the horse racing industry)
- Mother – Naomi Judd (Singer, Songwriter) (Died in 2022)
- Siblings – Wynonna Judd (Older Sister) (Singer)
- Others – Elijah Judd (Nephew), Grace Pauline Kelley (Niece), Michael Lawrence Ciminella (Paternal Grandfather), Mary Bernadine “Billie” Dalton (Paternal Grandmother), Charles Glen Judd (Maternal Grandfather), Pauline Judd (Maternal Grandmother), Pop Wesley (Great Grandfather)
She has been managed by –
- Anonymous Content, Talent Management Company, Culver City, California, United States
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, her net worth had been $18 Million.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
62 kg or 137 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ashley Judd has dated –
- David Duchovny – Ashley Judd was RUMORed to be dating actor David Duchovny in the early 90s.
- Brady Anderson – It was RUMORed that Ashley was in a relationship with former Baltimore Orioles Centerfielder Brady Anderson.
- Lyle Lovett (1991-1992) – Ashley was in a relationship with country singer-songwriter and actor, Lyle Lovett in the early 1990s.
- Jon Stewart (1992) – She was RUMORed to be dating actor and comedian Jon Stewart in 1992.
- Robert De Niro (1995) – Ashley was RUMORed to be dating actor, producer, and director, Robert De Niro in 1995.
- Michael English (1995) – Ashley was in a relationship with Christian singer Michael English for a short while in 1995.
- Matthew McConaughey (1996) – She dated briefly with actor Matthew McConaughey in 1996 after working together in a movie.
- Josh Charles (1996) – The actor Josh Charles and Ashley were an item in 1996.
- Michael Bolton (1996-1997) – She had a romantic liaison with singer-songwriter Michael Bolton until 1997.
- Dario Franchitti (1999-2013) – Ashley started dating retired British car racer Dario Franchitti in 1999 and the two got engaged in December 1999. In December 2001, they tied the knot in Skibo Castle in Scotland. In 2013, they got divorced.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Sicilian/Italian, English, Scottish, Irish, German, Welsh, and Swiss-German descent. Her paternal grandmother was Mayflower pilgrim William Brewster’s descendant.
- Natural Brunette Hair
34-24-35 in or 86-61-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
8 (US) or 5.5 (UK) or 38.5 (EU)
She has done print ads for American Beauty Line of cosmetics (2005) and H. Stern Jewelers.
Some of her TV commercials include:
- Honda Life (Japan) in 1998
- Kentucky Children’s Health Insurance Program in 1999
- Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund
- Organ Donation program in Kentucky
- Copper Fit Gripper Socks in 2016
In June 2007, Goody’s Family Clothing declared the release of three fashion clothing lines with Ashley with the names AJ, Love Ashley, and Ashley Judd.
Best Known For
Some of her notable movies include Norma Jean & Marilyn (1996), Kiss the Girls (1997), Double Jeopardy (1999), Divergent (2014), and Insurgent (2015).
Among her notable television series was the ABC mystery thriller series Missing in which she played the role of Rebecca Winstone.
She made her film debut in 1992 with the action-comedy film Kuffs as the wife of the paint store owner.
First TV Show
In 1991, Ashley was seen in 2 episodes of Star Trek: The Next Generation as Robin Lefler.
Her memoir titled All That is Bitter and Sweet was released in April 2011. The book is like an autobiography about her journey from her childhood and into her adulthood.
Ashley Judd does not have a personal trainer but has a perfect fit body that is an inspiration to many.
She practices AcroYoga (a combination of acrobatics, healing arts, and yoga) and Zumba.
Ashley Judd Favorite Things
- Sports Team – Kentucky Wildcats men’s basketball team
- Pastimes – Cooking, Gardening
- Ice Cream – Graeter’s Black Raspberry Chocolate Chip
- Spirituals – Life is Like a Mountain Railway
- Application – Pandora Radio
- Store – Anthropologie
- Website – Cornell Ornithology
- Cookies – Felix the Cook Cookies
Source – Wikipedia, AshleyJudd.com
Ashley Judd Facts
- Ashley uses she/her pronouns.
- Ashley is named after a Kentucky town called Ashland, which is an eighth-generation Kentuckian.
- While at the University of Kentucky, she worked for the student-run radio station WRFL as a DJ along with Matt Dacey.
- For raising funds for the University of Kentucky hockey team, she posed in an ice hockey jersey for a poster.
- During a break from school, she modeled in Japan for a brief time.
- In 1993, she appeared as Ruby Lee Gissing in the film titled Ruby in Paradise. For this role, she won the Chicago Film Critics Association Award for “Most Promising Actress” and Independent Spirit Award for “Best Lead Female”. She was also nominated for the National Society of Film Critics Award and New York Film Critics Circle Award in the “Best Actress” category.
- Ashley was a hostess at The Ivy Restaurant and lived in a rental house in Malibu.
- In 2015, Judd set the record of becoming the first woman to narrate the inauguration of the Kentucky Derby telecast.
- The celebrity has written about the NCAA championships as a guest columnist for a local newspaper in Kentucky.
- In 1999, People Magazine ranked her among the 25 Most Intriguing People.
- In 2002, FHM ranked Ashley Judd at #20 among the Sexiest Women in the World and in 2006, she was ranked at #77 on the list.
- The People Magazine included the actress among The 50 Most Beautiful People in the World in 1996, 2000, and 2002.
- In February 2006, she went to rehab for 47 days at Shades of Hope Treatment Center in Buffalo Gap, Texas to get treated for insomnia, depression, and codependency.
- In a bid to urge Governor Steve Beshear to protect the homeless animals in Kentucky through the Humane Shelter Law, she signed the Animal Legal Defense Fund’s petition in 2010.
- In 2011, Ashley became a part of the International Center for Research on Women (ICRW) Leadership Council.
- Among the many charities supported by Ashley are Children’s Medical Research Institute, Creative Coalition, Defenders of Wildlife, Eracism Foundation, Five & Alive, Jeans for Genes, Listen Campaign, Malaria No More, Population Services International, SixDegrees.org, Women for Women International, and many others.
- She was the YouthAIDS Global Ambassador to promote the prevention and treatment of AIDS.
- On November 10, 2009, she was honored with the 4th annual USA Today Hollywood Hero award.
- Ashley was a part of the 2017 Women’s March and performed the Nasty Woman poem by Nashville-poet Nina Donovan at the event.
- Ashley Judd is good friends with Joey Lauren and Salma Hayek.
- In February 2021, it was revealed that she was in the ICU after shattering her leg in a freak accident in Africa.
- Her mother, Naomi Judd, passed away in April 2022 due to the disease of mental illness.