|Mike Mictlan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||July 8, 1982|
|Spouse||Zoë Loviise Marquez|
Mike Mictlan is an American rapper, best known for his solo albums released since 2005, as well as being a part the group Doomtree, and a hip-hop duo The Mercenaries alongside the rapper Mnemonic. He met the members of his rap group Doomtree, Paper Tiger, MK Larada, P.O.S and Lazerbeak in high school. They went on to start a series of 15 releases named False Hopes in 2005, but without the help of recording labels. Mictlan’s 1st album was named False Hopes Eight: Deity for Re-Hire and was released in 2005. His 2nd one followed 2 years later, in 2007, when he released the album The First Chapter as part of a duo The Mercenaries under Top Nation Records label.
On September 2012, Mike released a mixtape named Snaxxx for free on his Bandcamp page and dedicated it to the fans of his music. His 10-song LP album followed after a two-year hiatus from recording and was named Hella Frreal. In 2015, he was featured on the Doomtree rap group’s album All Hands, after which he went on to perform as both a solo artist and a group member on a tour across the United States.
Mike, Mike Mictlan
Los Angeles, California, United States
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Mike attended Hopkins High School in Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States.
- Father – Gilbert Marquez Jr. (Vietnam War Veteran)
- Mother – Jackie Slater (Factory Worker)
- Others – Robert Cisneros (Grandfather), Albert Cisneros (Uncle)
Mike Mictlan is represented by the United Talent Agency Music (UTA Music).
Hip hop, Alternative Hip Hop, Indie Hip Hop
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mike has dated –
- Zoë Loviise Marquez – Mike has been dating the tattoo artist Zoë since at least 2013, and the pair got married at some point based on their social media posts. Zoë gave birth to a son Bazqui Blue Lewis Marquez in November 2015, who they call by the nickname The Boba Guy. Mike also has a daughter LaLuz Xochitl Marquez born in 2008.
Race / Ethnicity
Mike is of Mexican descent.
- Thick eyebrows
- Goatee facial hair
- Often changes haircuts
- His unique tattoos
Best Known For
- Releasing the album Doomtree (2008) as part of a group with the same name, and Hand Over Fist (2009) as his 2nd solo album
- His solo mixtape Snaxxx, released in September 2012 for free on his Bandcamp page
- His LP Hella Frreal (2014), which contained 10 songs, and featured artists such as the rapper Ceschi
- Releasing his 3rd album as part of the rap group named All Hands and released in 2015 under Doomtree Records
His debut solo album titled False Hopes Eight: Deity for Re-Hire was released in 2005, without the help of any label or distribution.
Mike Mictlan Favorite Things
- Sport – Boxing, Mixed Martial Arts, Wrestling
- Boxer – Vasyl “Hi-Tek” Lomanchenko
- MMA Fighter – Demetrious “Mighty Mouse” Johnson
Mike Mictlan Facts
- His artist name, Mictlan, is pronounced as “meek-lawn.”
- Mike’s mother was in prison in most of his childhood.
- He dreamed of becoming a full-time hip hop artist when he was 11 years old.
- Before making his dreams of being a rapper a reality, he had to do various jobs to survive, one of which was being a butcher.
- Mike’s 1st public musical appearance was actually not on his own album. He collaborated with P.O.S., a Doomtree group member, on his rap group Cenospecies album Indefinition in 2002. As Mike was away from Minneapolis at the time, his voice was recorded through the phone.
- In 2013, Mike had to stay in a mental ward, because of a drug problem he had at the time.
- Grant Rozmarin, known as Boognish Monster on YouTube, committed suicide in July 2018. He and Mike have been great friends, and he even credits Grant for giving him a place to live and saving his life.
- Mike’s daughter Bazqui loves the Star Trek franchise, and her favorite action figure is that of Worf.
- His father suffered from cancer when Mike was a teenager, which meant he had to go and live with his uncle in Los Angeles, California. His dad beat cancer eventually, but suffered from it once again, later in life. Thankfully, Mike announced his father beat cancer the 2nd time in October 2016 and survived a liver transplant and a virus infection of hepatitis C.
- Mike himself went through a hard time in 2017, after doctors diagnosed him with DKA (Diabetic Ketoacidosis) due to several months of untreated, unknown diabetes. He had no medical insurance, so he and his fiancé at the time turned to GoFundMe to help cover the medical bills. The community came together and reached the goal of $10,000 in just 10 hours, thus helping Mike get the illness under control quickly.
- Visit his official website @ www.doomtree.net/mikemictlan.
- Follow him on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Bandcamp.
Featured Image by Mike Mictlan / Instagram