|Maluma Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9½ in|
|Date of Birth||January 28, 1994|
|Boyfriend / Girlfriend||Natalia Barulich|
Maluma is a singer-songwriter from Colombia. He is known to many for his songs such as Felices los 4, Borro Cassette, El Perdedor, and Corazón. Maluma who sings mainly reggaeton and Latin pop songs, was active in football growing up. He also played for Atlético National and Equidad Sports Club in their junior teams. He got his music break at the age of 15 when he composed the song “No quiero”.
Juan Luis Londoño Arias
Medellin, Antioquia, Colombia
Maluma graduated from Hontaranes School, El Retiro.
- Father – Luis Fernando Londoño
- Mother – Marlli Arias
- Siblings – Manuela Londoño Arias (Older Sister)
- Others – Yudy Arias (Aunt) (Yoga Instructor)
Maluma is represented by Royalty World Inc.
Reggaeton, Latin trap, Latin pop
- Sony Music Colombia
- Sony Latin
5 ft 9½ in or 176.5 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Maluma has dated –
- Belinda – Spanish singer and actress Belinda was pursued by Maluma on Twitter after she broke up with Criss Angel. In 2017, Belinda mentioned that Maluma did not excite her.
- Grette Durán (2015) – Maluma was embroiled in a controversy when the Cuban TV host Grette Durán accused him of having a one night stand with her. She was apparently invited to his hotel after having made out with him live on stage during his concert. Not surprisingly, Maluma denied the allegations and said that such rumors were a part of his fame and success.
- Anitta (2016) – Anitta is a Brazilian musician who has collaborated with Maluma on the hit single Sim Ou Não (meaning Yes or No). They performed a s*xy rendition of the song at the Rio De Janeiro on May 2, 2017. They even kissed onstage fueling rumors of a hook-up.
- Yeinly Castro (2016) – Venezuelan model Yeinly Castro and Maluma met in Mexico while he was on tour. They were snapped enjoying their vacation together in Cancun by TV Notas.
- Selena Gomez (2017) – The two singers were rumored to have hooked up in 2017. It all started when American singer Selena Gomez followed Maluma on Instagram. He was quick to extend an invitation to collaborate together. Soon enough, they were following each other on social media with Selena captioning one of her pics with Maluma’s song Vente Pa’ Ca. However, he cleared the air on a Brazilian talk show and said that they were discussing music and work but nothing could materialize as Selena was very busy. Some months later, Selena was known to unfollow him.
- Ricky Martin (2017) – He was rumored to be romantically involved with fellow singer Ricky Martin who was his collaborator on the single Vente Pa’ Ca in 2017. Maluma quashed the rumors saying that he is not gay but has the utmost respect for the LGBT community.
- Natalia Barulich (2018-Present) – California-born model Natalia Barulich and Maluma first met in 2017 while shooting his steamy music video Felices los 4. Romance soon blossomed between the two as they were spotted vacationing in Portofino, Italy in January 2018. They were pictured holding hands and kissing while walking around the city. The couple is also the parents to a pooch, a Pomeranian named Julieta who is a regular feature in their Instagram feeds. In early February, they even got inked with matching infinity signs on their left thumbs further cementing their love for each other.
- Winnie Harlow (2019) – RUMOR
Race / Ethnicity
He has dyed his hair to different shades including teal.
- Lots of tattoos including an extensive one of a lion on his left arm
- Diamond studs in his ears
- Often sports facial hair like a beard
Maluma has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Faces USA TV Commercial (2017)
- Spectrum Mi Plan (Latino commercial) (2017)
- XFINITY X1 Entertainment Operating System (2016)
- The Brands Group Commercial (Harper’s Bazaar, Esquire, Vanidades) (2018)
- Apple Music (2017)
Best Known For
- Being a successful singer in the Latin music world and for crossing over to the American markets.
- Having a huge social media following with 33+ million followers on Instagram and 15+ million subscribers on YouTube.
Maluma released his first album titled Magia in 2012 with hit singles like Obsession and Miss Independent.
First TV Show
Maluma made his TV show debut on the music series Música Boa Ao Vivo in 2014.
Maluma Favorite Things
- Pick-Up Line: What’s up my love? What’s up mamacita? Where are we going? Are we going out or what?
- Color – Red
- Music Video – Chantaje with Shakira, Vente Pa’ Ca with Ricky Martin
Source – Idolator.com, LatinTimes.com
- Maluma played football while growing up (for almost 8 years) and trained with Atlético Nacional every day to become a soccer player.
- However, football took a backseat and he decided to make a career in music after stepping inside a studio at the age of 16.
- His stage name Maluma is an amalgamation of his family members’ names. He took the word Ma from his mother’s name (Marlli), Lu from his father’s (Luis), and Ma from his sister’s (Manuela) to come up with the unique name.
- He got his first tattoo at the age of 14 which says Maluma on his left leg.
- He collaborated with merengue singer Elvis Crespo on a song for the 2014 FIFA World Cup titled Olé Brazil.
- Among his main musical influences are the talented Michael Jackson, Justin Timberlake, and salsa singer Hector Lavoe.
- His first US tour took place in March 2017 for his album “Pretty Boy, Dirty Boy” which was sold out at most venues including the Microsoft Theatre. He announced his second US tour in March 2018 following the release of his album F.A.M.E in early 2018.
- In December 2015, he created a controversy by posing in a series of pics with his aunt Yudy Arias that were romantically suggestive of an inappropriate relationship.
- His sophomore album Pretty Boy, Dirty Boy (2015) has many artists like the bachata princess Leslie Grace, Farruko, and Cosculluela among its many collaborators.
- He has a few American artists on his bucket list that he wishes to collaborate with like Justin Timberlake, Zayn Malik, and Justin Bieber.
- Maluma is the only artist in the world to have 6 of the Top 100 most-watched videos on YouTube.
- In 2017, three of his tracks were featured on Vevo’s Most Watched Videos of the year – Chantaje ft. Shakira, Felices los 4, and Vente Pa’ Ca ft. Ricky Martin.
- In November 2020, he released the remix of his hit song Hawái in collaboration with The Weeknd.
- In February 2022, Maluma and Jennifer Lopez teamed up for the soundtrack of the movie, Marry Me.
Featured Image by Maluma / Instagram